Science LOR from classes that aren't Bio/Chem/Phys?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vertu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do science LOR's for DO schools have to be from only Bio/Chem/Physics classes? I took a class called Medicine 180 (Upper-Division science course). Could a LOR from my professor who taught this course qualify as a science LOR?

Members don't see this ad.

Typically helps if the professor is a PhD, or doctorate level. If the class is registered in your science GPA than it should be covered.
I would get at least 1 from one of the basic required sciences if you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Better to get a LOR from a basic science course.

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is a medicine 180? You're an undergrad, so this could be anything from a survey course, history course or God knows what. I wouldn't try to pass a letter from this as a science class

Do science LOR's for DO schools have to be from only Bio/Chem/Physics classes? I took a class called Medicine 180 (Upper-Division science course). Could a LOR from my professor who taught this course qualify as a science LOR?
What was the class description?

Not to derail from the OP but you guys say basic science course? Would a LOR from Orgo professor and my genetics professor be okay, or?

Not to derail from the OP but you guys say basic science course? Would a LOR from Orgo professor and my genetics professor be okay, or?

Not 100% sure so you may want to contact schools specifically. I simply recall last cycle I was incomplete for a couple of schools because my LOR from a neuroscience professor was not considered "science"; however, my LOR from my biochemistry professor was.

Funny, my letters were from my orgo and genetics. Currently in Med school. You good Holmes

Funny, my letters were from my orgo and genetics. Currently in Med school. You good Holmes
Awesome! This makes me feel better. What professor did you have as your non science LOR? I have one from my Calc.

Yes. One of mine was from my Orgo professor/Chem chair

Awesome! This makes me feel better. What professor did you have as your non science LOR? I have one from my Calc.

Had a public speaking professor write me one.

At the end of the day, its more about the content of the letter than who writes it. ADCOMS wanna see interesting things about you from a variety of standpoints.