science LoR requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ringofkeys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an updated list of schools' LoR requirements, specifically from science professors? I could only find lists from 2011 or 2012. Also, does anyone know which schools do not require two science professors, or have no preferences for whom the letters are from? I'm currently struggling with finding a second science professor who's willing to write a letter for me and I'm beginning to panic.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say most schools or the majority of them require at least 2 science profs. Its good to have if you are applying broadly. Also they require faculty if they are profs; not all profs are faculty necessarily. Its either that or a pre-health committee letter

I would say most schools or the majority of them require at least 2 science profs. Its good to have if you are applying broadly. Also they require faculty if they are profs; not all profs are faculty necessarily. Its either that or a pre-health committee letter
what's the difference between profs and faculty? I'm pretty sure at my school anyone who teaches is considered faculty.