SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE OF THE DAY (PRACTICE)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

9bbn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been using Jack Westin's CARS passage of the day for practice for a while now and was looking for something similar for scientific passages. Recently, looking at AAMC practice material, most of the scientific passages are straight from science journal articles. I looked for a similar thread but couldn't find one that posts a journal article every day and then, after reading, folks would write the main idea in comments. I know, for science passages it would be much complex, but still, the goal is if we read one article a day, or maybe every other day, we would learn the way journals are written - the lingo - by the time we take the test.

I don't know how this will go, and I would be able to find and post an article every day, but I will try.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
10/11/2017

Dang it, it is not letting me upload or post a link for the article :(
Whatever, in few days I will be able to... Yall can go to pubmed and search this title:

3-Mercaptopyruvate Sulfurtransferase, Not Cystathionine β-Synthase Nor Cystathionine γ-Lyase, Mediates Hypoxia-Induced Migration of Vascular Endothelial Cells.

Hopefully, in few days I will get the required number of likes/posts. Till then, we gon keep it old fashioned (a great drink btw).

Minimum Requirements
You must have created at least 10 Posts (Yours: 2)
You must have received at least 2 Likes (Yours: 2)
Your Like:post Ratio must be at least: 1% (Yours: 0%)
You must be registered for at least 10 days (Yours 145)​

Reactions: 1 user
10/12/2017

Nature article
Human genomics: Cracking the regulatory code
download.png

For few days I will keep the link in qr format until SDN lets me post links.

Members don't see this ad :)
10/13/2017:

This is a good article on skin receptors which will be beneficial in understanding Foundational Concept 6 - sensory receptors - in more detail. Enjoy!
PS: all the images are at the very end after citations.

The gentle touch receptors of mammalian skin

upload_2017-10-12_16-14-5.png

10/14/2017:
Pretty interesting paper on peanut allergy

'Genome-wide association study and meta-analysis in multiple populations identifies new loci for peanut allergy and establishes c11orf30/EMSY as a genetic risk factor for food allergy'
upload_2017-10-14_14-58-19.png

10/19/2017

Review article: Activation of membrane receptors*
P.S. a couple pages long, a quick read. Read the preview, it is free

upload_2017-10-19_16-24-57.png