SCO - Mud Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DellGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to see if any of the readers on this forum live or have lived in any of the apartment complexes on Mud Island and get some specific feedback. Particularly for Island Park versus Arbors. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. Anything positive or negative will be helpful! Maintenance, management, space, quality, noise, facilities, etc.

Actually already applied for one but would love to hear some first hand recent feedback - from the last two years or so. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I actually do not live in either..but I do live on the island and know students who live in both places. I've never heard any of my classmates complain about either apartment complex, but I do think we have more students living at Arbors. It seems that Arbors, the Estates, and Riverset are the most popular. If you email Mike Robertson or Sunnie Ewing he/she might be able to get you in contact with students who live in those complexes for more specific answers.

I never lived on Mud Island. But I know of one person who had his apartment broken into out there. I think he was living in the least secure of the complexes. I know from friends who have lived there that many of the complexes have brown recluses in them. I would look into South Bluffs. It is a nice area and is very secure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I lived in Belle Harbour when I was there. I loved Mud Island. I agree with the previous poster that there are brown recluses. :( Try to get a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment.

As far as breakins, I think Riverset/Arbors got break-ins the most because they're not gated.

Didn't most of Mud Island end up under water this last year when the Mississippi flooded?

Didn't most of Mud Island end up under water this last year when the Mississippi flooded?

The water didn't make it up to the apartment complexes and it would have had to rise a lot more to get there. I wouldn't worry about that.