SCO - suggestions for apartments on Mud Island/Harbor Town?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

London22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Anyone have experience with apartments on Mud Island? I'll be driving across the country with all my stuff to move here and could use some tips on which complexes are nice to look out for

Members don't see this ad.

Im a 3rd year at SCO, and many students live at Riverset and The Estates on the island. I think they're pretty comparable in price. You couldn’t go wrong with either of them in terms of amenities and they’re both nice. Honestly, any of the apartment complexes on the island are a good choice—some are just more expensive than others.

Reactions: 1 user
Im a 3rd year at SCO, and many students live at Riverset and The Estates on the island. I think they're pretty comparable in price. You couldn’t go wrong with either of them in terms of amenities and they’re both nice. Honestly, any of the apartment complexes on the island are a good choice—some are just more expensive than others.

Thank you!! The island looks great! I can't wait. I was looking into The Estates and Arbors.
From your experience did many people have their own cars while living on Mud Island, or did many people carpool? I will be getting out of my car lease before I move across country. I think that for at least my 1st or 2nd year, I will probably end up carpooling with my bf early mornings and evenings. This won't be an issue for us, although I do feel like I will be almost living on campus since I won't have a car on campus at all times. (during undergrad I was always used to having one) I was thinking maybe this would be a good thing since I plan on using that time studying, and the fact that clinic is next to campus is ideal. Do you think not having access to a car other than going to school/leaving school during the first years would hinder anything?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! The island looks great! I can't wait. I was looking into The Estates and Arbors.
From your experience did many people have their own cars while living on Mud Island, or did many people carpool? I will be getting out of my car lease before I move across country. I think that for at least my 1st or 2nd year, I will probably end up carpooling with my bf early mornings and evenings. This won't be an issue for us, although I do feel like I will be almost living on campus since I won't have a car on campus at all times. (during undergrad I was always used to having one) I was thinking maybe this would be a good thing since I plan on using that time studying, and the fact that clinic is next to campus is ideal. Do you think not having access to a car other than going to school/leaving school during the first years would hinder anything?

I'm pretty sure everyone has a car, but a lot of people do carpool. My roommate and I do almost everyday. In regards to the clinic, you won't be there till you're a third year so you'll just be spending your time either studying or working if you have an on campus job.

So many people live on the island- finding a ride home won't be hard. Not having a car won't hinder anything, it just might be an inconvenience at times.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty sure everyone has a car, but a lot of people do carpool. My roommate and I do almost everyday. In regards to the clinic, you won't be there till you're a third year so you'll just be spending your time either studying or working if you have an on campus job.

So many people live on the island- finding a ride home won't be hard. Not having a car won't hinder anything, it just might be an inconvenience at times.

That's good to hear! Thanks for the info! :)

It has been MANY years, but if you will not have a car you can consider living at the Bristol which is definitely walking distance to the school. I know it isn't the island, but just something to think about :)