Scopio peripheral blood smear analyzer gets FDA approval

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Will hemepath ever be the same?

• Yes, it will.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Sort of.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Scopio will join immersion oil and flow cytometry as a staple of hemepath.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

deleted1074676

The Full Field PBS utilizes adaptive monolayer identification in support of long and short smears and automates the analysis process by pre-classifying 200 white blood cells (WBC), providing platelet pre-estimate, and enabling RBC morphology evaluation.

Members don't see this ad.

So.....Cellavision?

Reactions: 3 users
In a more perfect world:
  1. Cellavision would have been named Diff-Quik
  2. Diff-Quik would have been named Cellavision
Anyone agree?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this supposed to eliminate manual diffs or mandatory slide review if set parameters are not met?

Is this supposed to eliminate manual diffs or mandatory slide review if set parameters are not met?

Not sure. I think it is suppose to help perform the manual diff... but not sure what "help" really means to a hematopathologist.

this technology and similar technologies takes a traditional blood smear and digitizes the smear with oil immersion scope / camera and highlights cells for review by the MTs on a computer screen. So a lot of proprietary hardware in addition to software needed.

has potential to permit manual cell counts in some cases to be performed digitally by MTs (kinda like the thinprep imager for paps). But manual reviews with MT eyes at the scope and reviews by MDs at the scope still happens with any important findings.

Last edited:
Doesn’t sound earth-shakingly better than the flow cyto metric based method we used in my practice days. And i bet it is big $$$.

Reactions: 1 user