Score Discrepancies and Rescheduling??: 23 Kaplan vs 32 AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOsurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Kaplan Diagnostic (no studying): 21 (PS 8 VR 5 BS 8)

Kaplan FL1: 23 (PS 7 VR 7 BS 9) :scared:

AAMC 5: 32 (PS 10 VR 10 BS 12)
:)

I was planning to take the MCAT on May 23rd, but I was concerned by my low score on my first Kaplan full length. I finished my Kaplan class, but I have been very busy with school lately and I have not been able to put in a lot of additional study time. I was planning to reschedule for July 2, however I figured I would take an AAMC full length today because I had heard that they were more representative of the real MCAT. I ended up doing well, and would be ecstatic with the score I received on AAMC 5.

My score discrepancy is huge, so I am not sure what I should do regarding rescheduling and if my 32 was a fluke or something. I am planning to take another AAMC exam in the next few days in an effort to verify my score.

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC 5 is one of the older ones and it is not really a good representation of the real MCAT. However, I took most of the AAMC and my score was fairly consistent across all of them. So if your goal is 30ish then I don't think you should worry about rescheduling. Just make sure you practice a lot and be prepared to encounter a harder real thing. I took mine on April 27th and the FL that even came remotely close was AAMC 11.
I haven't gotten by score back yet so take my advice with a grain of salt. I am not saying it was necessarily harder but it definitely different. PS was more calculation heavy, VR passages were a little longer but weren't extremely boring, and BS was more experimental.