Score on NBME for passing, exam in a short time!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HouseBuilder328

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking Step 1 for the second time in about 5 weeks. I never did NBME tests the first time. I got a 440 on NBME 12, which is a translated score of 207. Got a 430 (205) on NBME 13.

What score should I be consistently scoring on NBMEs for a pass on Step 1? I am just looking for a passing score at this point, but obviously a comfortable one. I have heard from friends here to score a 450 or higher on the NBME for a "comfortable pass" on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Comfortable may be relative. However, if you are just looking to pass then you may be okay. I mean, you have a passing score in your last 2 NBMEs from over two weeks ago. Perhaps it may be time to take another one and see where you are. Of course, this all depends on what your goal is and what you are doing to prepare for the exam. All NBMEs are different and the newer ones (12, 13, 15) are more representative of the current exam from what I hear.

Hope this helps, Best of luck