Score Re-check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trex92499

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to get a score recheck?

I'm asking because I got just got my score and it just doesn't seem right, especially the score breakdown by sections. I've asked a few friends what they thought and every single person has said that my score and the respective breakdown seems really off.

I am in the top 10 in my class and spent an enormous amount of time studying for this and came out with a 213/87. My major in college was biochemistry and I can honestly state that I knew with 100% certainty every biochem question on the test, but the breakdown states that I am borderline in biochem and genetics, which is another area of strength.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through this, to know how the process works.

Members don't see this ad.

what were you scoring on qbank in the weeks prior to the exam? there seems to be some correlation.

i feel kind of the same way. i did tons of work, i am very close to the top of my class, all indications at least pointed to a score near the mean...and then, 192/78! and the score breakdown only had a couple of topics that seemed like they would give me that score, biochem and pharm. and i really don't remember that many questions from those topics. i did well in path, renal, respiratory and endocrine, and i thought those were tested very heavily. lots of others were just decent, but still look like they should at least have me a bit higher than i was. was my test really that heavy in pharm and biochem????

i think that i prob am just selectively remembering the topics i did well on, as i am upset with my score. but, shoot, 55 bucks for a recheck. if i could buy a couple of points, i would happily spend the money. i know, it is extremely unlikely to actually change my score, but i don't think i have a whole lot to lose.

any advice out there?? thanks...

I've yet to hear of anyone who paid for a recheck have their score change by more than a few points. Remember it can go down as well and you can't say "nevermind I'll keep the first score" if the recheck shows a lower score. Its not going to change, just move on and do better on the next one.

I agree with Jim. Especially if you have a borderline score. Neilc, i m in about the same situation with you. Months of studying, many thousands of questions done, all for a 76-185. And I still can t understand how i did great in muskuloskeletal system(which I hardly had any idea about) and did borderline in pharma, which I knew inside out. Just think that an 80 instead of a 78 won t make any difference, while a 74 instead of a 78....well, it makes ALL the difference in the world. On the other hand Trex, if I were in your position I would dare go for a recheck.