Score Recipients on GRE Score Report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JRRRTolkien

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I have some strange questions. Some of the programs I am applying to do not require official GRE score reports until after I have been accepted, and instead require me to upload the PDF report that is offered by the ETS website. Looking at this report, I've noticed that all of my score recipient schools are listed. Here is what I'm wondering:

1. Obviously the people reviewing my application are aware that I am applying to other programs. Do you think they are going to care /which/ or /how many/ programs I'm applying to?

2. I would only upload the page with my scores, but I am unsure if this is appropriate. They are going to be aware that I'm only sending the first page. Would this be frowned upon?

3. Lastly, I'm considering just censoring the schools I'm applying to (putting a black bar over that entire section). But wouldn't this also raise eyebrows? Maybe not if this is a standard procedure.

I'm curious to know if any of you guys have had this issue. It probably is not a big deal and I'm just overthinking it, but I don't want my chances of acceptance to be diminished just because application reviewers can see where I am applying to and how many schools I am applying to. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You're probably over-thinking this. It would be fine to just send them the page with your scores. Why would they care? I'm not sure what you'd accomplish by blacking out the school names.

You're probably over-thinking this. It would be fine to just send them the page with your scores. Why would they care? I'm not sure what you'd accomplish by blacking out the school names.
That's all I needed to hear hahaha. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me last cycle and I just screen "clipped" the section with my name, DOB, and the like plus the scores. Don't stress about it too much!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Indiana Jane, that makes sense, I think I'll do that. I'm in the process of applying now and I'm second-guessing everything hahaha. Thank you!