Score Reports for NBDE taken in March 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gunit420

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...as the thread name suggests, i wanted to see if people who took the NBDE part I in march have gotten their score reports. feel free to share scores if you like, but im more interested in when you took them and if youve gotten the report.

i know of one person who took them on march 5th and just got them last thursday, and of another person who took them at the end of February and who got them today...(all the same dental school)

I took mine on March 12th and still nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

and it would be really nice of those who have given the exam in 2010,if they could add some comments on the areas which they think played a big role or were important in the exam...

all those who have to give the exam yet including me would be really thankful !!

and it would be really nice of those who have given the exam in 2010,if they could add some comments on the areas which they think played a big role or were important in the exam...

all those who have to give the exam yet including me would be really thankful !!

-Know the tmj inside and out. There was stuff on there that i've never heard of before, and i still don't know where there is enough info on the tmj to study for it correctly. So study the basics on synovial joints really well also.

-The real test is harder than the released exams. Like on a released exam, a phys question would have one correct answer and 4 incorrect answers. The real test will have like 3 correct answers, but you have to say which one is best.

-Know everything. I can't tell you what exactly you need to study as that would be unethical, but I can tell you that there is a lot of random info on the test. So study your first aid, decks, and wiki as much stuff as you can in your studies.

-You're going to feel like you failed the test when you walk out. I've heard everyone feels this way, so try not to worry about it until you get your results back. I am trying not to worry, sucks waiting 3 weeks or so though.

Members don't see this ad :)
-Know the tmj inside and out. There was stuff on there that i've never heard of before, and i still don't know where there is enough info on the tmj to study for it correctly. So study the basics on synovial joints really well also.

-The real test is harder than the released exams. Like on a released exam, a phys question would have one correct answer and 4 incorrect answers. The real test will have like 3 correct answers, but you have to say which one is best.

-Know everything. I can't tell you what exactly you need to study as that would be unethical, but I can tell you that there is a lot of random info on the test. So study your first aid, decks, and wiki as much stuff as you can in your studies.

-You're going to feel like you failed the test when you walk out. I've heard everyone feels this way, so try not to worry about it until you get your results back. I am trying not to worry, sucks waiting 3 weeks or so though.

good info.. i can understand.. certainly its too irrtiating waiting for results... i will also have to go to the period... sill not done with exams.

all of u pl keep updating scores .. raw and total.. when u gave the exam and when ur results arrived.... it wil be great for all who giving exams later in this couple of months..as they will have better idea....

good info.. i can understand.. certainly its too irrtiating waiting for results... i will also have to go to the period... sill not done with exams.

all of u pl keep updating scores .. raw and total.. when u gave the exam and when ur results arrived.... it wil be great for all who giving exams later in this couple of months..as they will have better idea....

hi dontist m giving my exam in may..can u plz tell me what is deree scoring criteria..i have no idea at all about dere scoring.plzz rply

hi,
this sounds a little scary.My exam is in May.
U said there is lot of random information in test,do u think it is covered in first-aid and
decks or is it beyond the scope of these two sources??

pls reply.
thanks

hi,
this sounds a little scary.My exam is in May.
U said there is lot of random information in test,do u think it is covered in first-aid and
decks or is it beyond the scope of these two sources??

pls reply.
thanks

I would say that most is covered in those two sources. There were some things though that i've never seen before, most had to do with the tmj, but some were path, anatomy, dental anatomy, etc.

imo, first aid is terrible for dental anatomy (except for eruption sequences, they make it easy to learn). The decks are pretty good though, i was getting low 90s on the released exams after studying the decks. The real test may be slightly tougher in DA, but not too much.

hey aims..
make sure u have a gooooooood resume , study hard for part 2 try to have a good score for part 2 ,ull be there..
best luck

hi dontist m giving my exam in may..can u plz tell me what is deree scoring criteria..i have no idea at all about dere scoring.plzz rply

hi Anekha.. sorry for late reply.. we get raw score and overall score also depending on national mean...

raw scores are the exact correct answers we gave in exam..

percentage reflects some deviation according to national mean..but it does not vary greatly....

guys correct me if i m wrong..:cool:

Hey everyone,

I finally got my score report today...they mailed it out exactly 4 weeks after I took it.

Here's the breakdown:

Composite Score: 90

Subject Area
Anatomic Sciences: 82/100 correct; Nat'l mean: 65.7/100 correct
Biochem/Phys: 81/100 correct; Nat'l mean: 60.8/100
Micro/Path: 82/100 correct; Nat'l mean: 65.4
Dental Anat: 84/100 correct; Nat'l mean: 74.3/100 correct

There are so many things I could say right now, and I will probably write more posts later on, but basically, I want to thank the people on this thread that responded to my posts, and those who I read basically every day before I began studying to conjure up the energy and motivation.

I studied for an intense 6.5 weeks, averaging 8 hours a day the first 4 weeks. It required working around class(waking up early, staying up late)...I took a 2 week break from school where I basically just focused on the boards for a good 12 hours a day leading up to my exam day.

I used Kaplan, which honestly is the best resource out there. I wish I had looked at the First Aid, only for the Anatomy Section...I flipped through it once and if you're looking to break an 88 and are starting from scratch with studying (what I mean by this is that if you're not one of those people who recall things from 2 years of dental school, like me, and just treat the exam like its its own entity) then First Aid really isn't the right choice for biochem/phys and micro/path. It even says in the beginning of the First Aid book that the best way to use the text is to use it as a resource throughout dental school.

Kaplan Lecture Notes + First Aid Anatomy is the way to go. I didn't look at decks...I borrowed them to look over the professionalism and ethics cards which was worth it (easy 4 questions)

Shoot for the highest possible scores. You know, I really kinda wish I hadn't changed 5 questions on the exam after I took it, and it may have made a difference in my score, too (possibly a 91), but you have to account for those kind of things on the actual exam...That's why when I took practice exams, I made sure I worked towards getting 340 right.

The practice exams are not necessarily easier, but its that only 285-300 questions on the current exams mimic that level of difficulty from previous exams, and theyve added a good 100 questions which really make you think outside of the box (more clinically).

I only took the 89, 96, 98, 2004 exams. I started by scoring around 315 right on the 89, 340 or something around there on the 96, similar on 98, and then 334 on the 2004. I went down a bit on the 2004...which ended up being consistent with my score on the current exam...329/400. Like I said, 4-5 questions I changed and wish I hadn't. but account for it when you practice and you'll be fine!

The last thing I want to share, and its a bit mushy, and im not really a mushy person, but believe in yourself. Have the right expectations but do not cheat yourself. I told myself, you know, ive done decently well in dental school, nothing spectacular, but definitely competitive for certain residency programs, etc, don't let up. Keep fighting for what you want because the only person you can rely upon for those 5-6 weeks is yourself. Yes, I had awesome family support, awesome girlfriend who all said the right things when I was frustrated and sometimes overconfident, and sometimes indifferent, but when it came to reading 800 pages of a textbook, its you, baby, and only you. Don't just passively read the pages of whichever text you're reading, actually engage and read and understand. Keep telling yourself that this is a fight and every punch you take, you're going to punch 2x harder.

Good luck.

PS; Please, dont PM me asking for questions from the exam...I'm not gonna do it...I know of people whove gotten caught from the ADA and it snot worth it, there are no short-cuts.

so how many clinical vignette, do they put in the nbde?
and do they put picture too like in usmle?
thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey gunit
congratulations.i'm really happy, i read ur so many posts regarding ur fear for exam n then waiting for ur result.
hey Gunit,u talked about anatomy only,not dental anat,micro path,physio biochem.which resources are best for these.
moreover what can we use other than ASDA rleased exams for practice.
thanx

one more q gunit,like i've heard people saying like exam is v tough as compared to asda exams n u feel ur exam is gone.did u had the same feeling after exam.is it too tough

gunit,
congratulations on your score!!! The mushy part was awesome and very encouraging as I am awaiting my scores. I took it the 31st of March. This was not my first time so unfortunately, I am a little nervous. I do believe in myself and my abilities so I am not too scared, just anxious. Stay positive and all of your dreams will come to pass.:D:thumbup:

got my results back today also:

raw: 296/400
composite: 84

Anatomy: 75 (65.7)
Bio/Phys: 63 (60.8)
Micro/Path: 71 (65.4)
DA/Occl: 87 (74.3)

Studied for 4 weeks.
First two and a half weeks i went through decks once. Studied old asda papers for a week and a half after that. Test results were similar, maybe a little lower than what i was getting on the released exams. Good luck to all that still have to take it.

hey gunit
congratulations.i'm really happy, i read ur so many posts regarding ur fear for exam n then waiting for ur result.
hey Gunit,u talked about anatomy only,not dental anat,micro path,physio biochem.which resources are best for these.
moreover what can we use other than ASDA rleased exams for practice.
thanx

hey, so I read the Kaplan lecture notes for all sections, and thats it. I did quickly glance at a friend's copy of the First Aid NBDE...I didn't like it because it's too cursory; its good for people who retained a lot of info from dental school, unlike myself, where after i take an exam i basically purge all that information, haha. However, the week before the exam, i was just glancing through the anatomy section of the First Aid text because I read someone on this forum saying they loved it, and I realized that the Anatomy section of First Aid is pretty good. What you could do is read kaplan and then read all of the first aid book, i dunno, i didnt do that, but its an idea.

I think the ASDA released exams are the best way to go. I had some friends who bought the Crack the NBDE software and they said its a waste of time and money....the questions are not similar at all to the actual exam.

congratulations !!!!! sheer hardwork definitely pays off .
Am scared as hell , taking my exams in 10 days .

how did u keep ur sanity throughout the exam given that its stressful while concentrating ?
and those practice tests other than asda , you mean they are way out of context ???

How did you revise ?

Quoting you "Have the right expectations but do not cheat yourself. Keep telling yourself that this is a fight and every punch you take, you're going to punch 2x harder. "

Nobody could 've said it better !!!

congratulations !!!!! sheer hardwork definitely pays off .
Am scared as hell , taking my exams in 10 days .

how did u keep ur sanity throughout the exam given that its stressful while concentrating ?
and those practice tests other than asda , you mean they are way out of context ???

How did you revise ?

Quoting you "Have the right expectations but do not cheat yourself. Keep telling yourself that this is a fight and every punch you take, you're going to punch 2x harder. "

Nobody could 've said it better !!!

hey truth seeker; yeah i know what you mean, and its easy for me now to say, "relax...be yourself, etc"...while I do believe that, "be yourself, relax" i understand the stress of anticipation, but remember that its just that...anticipation. I struggled with how to review the last week or so, also. One moment I'd be focusing on a path section, and then I'd think of something in anatomy and would glance at that...it drove me nuts. by the end of it i felt like i was confusing myself and thats when i just kinda snapped into focus because i just said , "stop it!"...its better to just focus on whatever you're reading at the moment...create an itinerary for the week before...what i ended up doing was saying, "ok, i have 9 days left...lets put forth 2 days to go over biochem/phys sections that i'm struggling with, 2 days for micro/path sections, and the final few days with the sections i felt better about...ant and DA. When i was reviewing, say, Micro/Path sections, I would spend a few hours in the morning and late at night doing questions from the ASDA exams of other subjects like Anat or DA. I put a premium on DA and Anat...altho, I am kind of "dissappointed" in my Anatomy score...i was getting like 88 right on old exams. anyway...thats what worked for me...some people looked over/read the First Aid for NBDE book.

Do what works for you, but always mix in a few questions for an hour or so to keep you on your toes. Like i said, i only looked at 4 exams...but looked them over 3-4 times and each time i made sure to understand every question and not just be content with getting it right because I memorized the answer.

hope that helps. sorry if my writing is a bit haphazard, but definitely feel free to ask questions. I know when i was studying those who completed the exams on this forum definitely helped me get through the whole process.

to answer your other questions...yeah, during the exam i was really nervous for the first 15-20 questions, but then i realized that this stuff looks familiar so just to focus and think through the textbook that i had read and made my bitch for 6 weeks. I had a tendency of marking a lot more questions than I actually needed to, too. I just wanted to make sure I was absolutely sure on questions. Just make sure you don't second guess yourself...its a fine line and i think i did pretty well except for a few questions where i did change them from right to wrong. but on the flip side, i know of atleast 5-6 questions that i changed from wrong to right...so i guess it all balances itself out.

Questions; yeah im not sure of what else is out there. I think the first aid boys have put out a Q & A book which i dont know anything about. Kaplan questions are WAY too hard...i tried it once and got a 60% on a series of questions and then 85% on an ASDA released exam...so i decided to skip the Kaplan Qbank. The Crack the NBDE software I dont have first hand knowledge of, but my friends said its only decent if you want to mimic the test experience...marking questions, timers, etc...but like you said, their framing and context of questions is way off. i dont how else to explain it, but thats what ive been told.

good luck.

Last edited:
first of all gunit.. congratulation for your awesome score.. i mean.. wowwowowoowow.. :))))

secondly... thanks for your valuable advise.. your words are directly hitting the right nerves in my head.. getting an illusion on how will be the correct condition at the time of exam...

as far so you focused majority on ASDA papers.. so reading and understanding completely ASDA papers and it may not give us 80 and 85 correct in first time but revising it and making sure to increase our calibre will make a great difference in theal boards?

i mean yaaa.. i had this same intuition.. as the exact simulation of exam like crack the NBDE is not upto the point in question wise and the level of NBDE (may be more or less!!) i just was confused as like doing ASDA and theory completely and thoroly will make our way?

thanks for the great guidance once again.. keep updating.. buddy..

god bless..

as far so you focused majority on ASDA papers.. so reading and understanding completely ASDA papers and it may not give us 80 and 85 correct in first time but revising it and making sure to increase our calibre will make a great difference in theal boards?

i mean yaaa.. i had this same intuition.. as the exact simulation of exam like crack the NBDE is not upto the point in question wise and the level of NBDE (may be more or less!!) i just was confused as like doing ASDA and theory completely and thoroly will make our way?

Thanks Dontist. Yeah it definitely feels good to be done and finish this chapter of dental school.

To answer your first question, I'm going to use the 1996 ASDA exam as an example. The first time through the exam, I got 89 questions right on the Anatomy section. The second time through I got 84 questions right. I know this may sound confusing but basically what I mean is that of those 89 correct, I probably guessed 9-10 correct...including random guess and inclination...the first time through i didn't look at the answer key until the very end.

So the second time through, the ones I guessed correctly or was unsure about I counted as wrong...its kind of a tough strategy but i think its effective. So in a way, i actually improved on my second attempt by 5 questions even though the raw scores show otherwise because i felt confident about the content behind those additional 5 questions.

Your second question; yeah, the content and theory has not changed when considering the current exam...its just the way the clinical questions present that information. So, if you use the ASDA questions as a guide to the content then you'll be good.

hey truth seeker; yeah i know what you mean, and its easy for me now to say, "relax...be yourself, etc"...while I do believe that, "be yourself, relax" i understand the stress of anticipation, but remember that its just that...anticipation. I struggled with how to review the last week or so, also. One moment I'd be focusing on a path section, and then I'd think of something in anatomy and would glance at that...it drove me nuts. by the end of it i felt like i was confusing myself and thats when i just kinda snapped into focus because i just said , "stop it!"...its better to just focus on whatever you're reading at the moment...create an itinerary for the week before...what i ended up doing was saying, "ok, i have 9 days left...lets put forth 2 days to go over biochem/phys sections that i'm struggling with, 2 days for micro/path sections, and the final few days with the sections i felt better about...ant and DA. When i was reviewing, say, Micro/Path sections, I would spend a few hours in the morning and late at night doing questions from the ASDA exams of other subjects like Anat or DA. I put a premium on DA and Anat...altho, I am kind of "dissappointed" in my Anatomy score...i was getting like 88 right on old exams. anyway...thats what worked for me...some people looked over/read the First Aid for NBDE book.

Do what works for you, but always mix in a few questions for an hour or so to keep you on your toes. Like i said, i only looked at 4 exams...but looked them over 3-4 times and each time i made sure to understand every question and not just be content with getting it right because I memorized the answer.

hope that helps. sorry if my writing is a bit haphazard, but definitely feel free to ask questions. I know when i was studying those who completed the exams on this forum definitely helped me get through the whole process.

to answer your other questions...yeah, during the exam i was really nervous for the first 15-20 questions, but then i realized that this stuff looks familiar so just to focus and think through the textbook that i had read and made my bitch for 6 weeks. I had a tendency of marking a lot more questions than I actually needed to, too. I just wanted to make sure I was absolutely sure on questions. Just make sure you don't second guess yourself...its a fine line and i think i did pretty well except for a few questions where i did change them from right to wrong. but on the flip side, i know of atleast 5-6 questions that i changed from wrong to right...so i guess it all balances itself out.

Questions; yeah im not sure of what else is out there. I think the first aid boys have put out a Q & A book which i dont know anything about. Kaplan questions are WAY too hard...i tried it once and got a 60% on a series of questions and then 85% on an ASDA released exam...so i decided to skip the Kaplan Qbank. The Crack the NBDE software I dont have first hand knowledge of, but my friends said its only decent if you want to mimic the test experience...marking questions, timers, etc...but like you said, their framing and context of questions is way off. i dont how else to explain it, but thats what ive been told.

good luck.

Thanks a ton for everything , just keeping my fingers crossed .

hi all
can somebody help me out in this....?

i hav opted for the ECE to send the report to ADA...hw long will the ADA wait for me paying the exam fee?do we need to pay immediately once they receive the report(i got it last wk)or can we do it ant time even after a month?thanks in advance

Hey everyone,

I finally got my score report today...they mailed it out exactly 4 weeks after I took it.

Here's the breakdown:

Subject Area

There are so many things I could say right now, and I will probably write more posts later on, but basically, I want to thank the people on this thread that responded to my posts, and those who I read basically every day before I began studying to conjure up the energy and motivation.

I studied for an intense 6.5 weeks, averaging 8 hours a day the first 4 weeks. It required working around class(waking up early, staying up late)...I took a 2 week break from school where I basically just focused on the boards for a good 12 hours a day leading up to my exam day.

I used Kaplan, which honestly is the best resource out there. I wish I had looked at the First Aid, only for the Anatomy Section...I flipped through it once and if you're looking to break an 88 and are starting from scratch with studying (what I mean by this is that if you're not one of those people who recall things from 2 years of dental school, like me, and just treat the exam like its its own entity) then First Aid really isn't the right choice for biochem/phys and micro/path. It even says in the beginning of the First Aid book that the best way to use the text is to use it as a resource throughout dental school.

Kaplan Lecture Notes + First Aid Anatomy is the way to go. I didn't look at decks...I borrowed them to look over the professionalism and ethics cards which was worth it (easy 4 questions)

Shoot for the highest possible scores. You know, I really kinda wish I hadn't changed 5 questions on the exam after I took it, and it may have made a difference in my score, too (possibly a 91), but you have to account for those kind of things on the actual exam...That's why when I took practice exams, I made sure I worked towards getting 340 right.

The practice exams are not necessarily easier, but its that only 285-300 questions on the current exams mimic that level of difficulty from previous exams, and theyve added a good 100 questions which really make you think outside of the box (more clinically).

I only took the 89, 96, 98, 2004 exams. I started by scoring around 315 right on the 89, 340 or something around there on the 96, similar on 98, and then 334 on the 2004. I went down a bit on the 2004...which ended up being consistent with my score on the current exam...329/400. Like I said, 4-5 questions I changed and wish I hadn't. but account for it when you practice and you'll be fine!

The last thing I want to share, and its a bit mushy, and im not really a mushy person, but believe in yourself. Have the right expectations but do not cheat yourself. I told myself, you know, ive done decently well in dental school, nothing spectacular, but definitely competitive for certain residency programs, etc, don't let up. Keep fighting for what you want because the only person you can rely upon for those 5-6 weeks is yourself. Yes, I had awesome family support, awesome girlfriend who all said the right things when I was frustrated and sometimes overconfident, and sometimes indifferent, but when it came to reading 800 pages of a textbook, its you, baby, and only you. Don't just passively read the pages of whichever text you're reading, actually engage and read and understand. Keep telling yourself that this is a fight and every punch you take, you're going to punch 2x harder.

Good luck.

PS; Please, dont PM me asking for questions from the exam...I'm not gonna do it...I know of people whove gotten caught from the ADA and it snot worth it, there are no short-cuts.

hey congrats on ur score...
hw did u prepare biochem and micro?hw many hrs u did for each subject..totally....do we need to go in depth of the subject or watz given in kaplan is enough(for bio chem)...

@doit22,
You can take your time and do it at your convenience as ADA keeps it in their records. Good luck.

hi..i took my nbde1 in feb.. fro d second time.. and dis time i felt dat exam pattern is diff and was on a higher level dan before. i worked very hard fr it .i knew my prepration was good to score 89-90 but i got only 85.
do u think exam pattern has been made bit tough than it was in 2009.?

Thanks Dontist. Yeah it definitely feels good to be done and finish this chapter of dental school.

To answer your first question, I'm going to use the 1996 ASDA exam as an example. The first time through the exam, I got 89 questions right on the Anatomy section. The second time through I got 84 questions right. I know this may sound confusing but basically what I mean is that of those 89 correct, I probably guessed 9-10 correct...including random guess and inclination...the first time through i didn't look at the answer key until the very end.

So the second time through, the ones I guessed correctly or was unsure about I counted as wrong...its kind of a tough strategy but i think its effective. So in a way, i actually improved on my second attempt by 5 questions even though the raw scores show otherwise because i felt confident about the content behind those additional 5 questions.

Your second question; yeah, the content and theory has not changed when considering the current exam...its just the way the clinical questions present that information. So, if you use the ASDA questions as a guide to the content then you'll be good.

thanks a ton buddy sounds perfect... i mean yes.. i just dont look correct and incorrect ... but i look thru wrong ones .. search for explanation...

i have just 1 month left for exam.. i have approx revise 3 times.. most of the content.. and now doing ASDA papers.. but i dont know for some reasons.. silly mistakes and minor errors in thinking.. i m getting 75 to 80 correct in ASDA papers.. (note that this is the 1st time i am doing ASDA.)

i am really scared now what to do.. i mean am good in theory.. but certainly the questions are different than theory. i dont have big problem in questions.. but the thing is .. this is my 1st time for ASDA papers.

can u advise me something on now how should i go? is this ok? i mean i m planning to do ASDA papers thoroly atleast 2 times before exam .. is this fine? i mean will my marks be improved once i finish all ASDA papers and than study little what i have left and do it again?

i just want to have insight.. and now since last month is coming up.. can u tell me few strategies.. how and what should i do?

I am doing like only looking thru ASDA questions SUBJECT WISE.. 100 at a stretch and than comparing answers and see...

approx 2 papers like 200 questions of a subject.. per day
do u think its less? i mean by now i should be doing more papers in a day?
and as like NBDE we have random questions of all subjects do u think i should keep changing subjects frequently?

actually my time goes more in solving papers.. and its like i feel so frustrated as i dont score good.

please advise me... bro..:(:(:(

hi..i took my nbde1 in feb.. fro d second time.. and dis time i felt dat exam pattern is diff and was on a higher level dan before. i worked very hard fr it .i knew my prepration was good to score 89-90 but i got only 85.
do u think exam pattern has been made bit tough than it was in 2009.?

what sources did you use?how different was it than the 1st time?Thanks

can u advise me something on now how should i go? is this ok? i mean i m planning to do ASDA papers thoroly atleast 2 times before exam .. is this fine? i mean will my marks be improved once i finish all ASDA papers and than study little what i have left and do it again?

i just want to have insight.. and now since last month is coming up.. can u tell me few strategies.. how and what should i do?

I am doing like only looking thru ASDA questions SUBJECT WISE.. 100 at a stretch and than comparing answers and see...

approx 2 papers like 200 questions of a subject.. per day
do u think its less? i mean by now i should be doing more papers in a day?
and as like NBDE we have random questions of all subjects do u think i should keep changing subjects frequently?

actually my time goes more in solving papers.. and its like i feel so frustrated as i dont score good.

please advise me... bro..:(:(:(

hey, i think you're on the right track. 75-80 questions is a good start; better than what I was getting the first time through. Just identify the subject topics that you need work on; like its neuroanatomy or histology or krebs cycle, etc...and just read up on that in your review book/text book/internet.

thats probably the best way to go about it. do questions, review the areas you get wrong and are unsure about...whenever you feel down, look over stuff you feel good about.

hope that helps. 1 month is plenty of time, just make sure to stay focused and understand what youre reading; dont try to cram too much stuff into one day. good luck.

Hey everyone,

Here's the breakdown:

Subject Area

Good luck.

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. Do you mind telling me if you used Dental Deck by any chance?

I've been told my some friends that have already graduated, that I should focus on studying the Decks and ASDA release papers. What is your opinion on these two? Thank you and Congrats again.

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you. Do you mind telling me if you used Dental Deck by any chance?

I've been told my some friends that have already graduated, that I should focus on studying the Decks and ASDA release papers. What is your opinion on these two? Thank you and Congrats again.

I didn't use decks for any of the sections. I did borrow 15 or so of those professionalism and ethics decks to look over those questions...they actually did help to answer the 4-5 ethics questions on the boards.

I think ASDA papers are important as a source of content tested on the board. As I wrote earlier in this forum, the exam has gotten a bit tougher so try to shoot for the highest possible on these exams.

Decks as your only source: that's tricky to answer. I didn't do it intentionally...ive heard from those kids in my class and earlier classes who scored above a 90 that its not a good principal resource. However, it depends on how you want to do. I know of people who passed in the low to mid 80s and they just used decks and ASDA questions. However, I do know of one of my friends who got a 92 by reading just decks and looking up some stuff online after taking ASDA questions..but he's also a freak of nature...top 5 of the class with a photographic memory...makes me want to vomit, haha.

Hey everyone,

Here's the breakdown:

Subject Area

Good luck.

hi gunit420 congrat. u done very good job.im rehman im going to take exam in july.i need some help im doing micro its become very difficult to remind all bec,fungi,virus.im worred wt bi do could u plz tell me which topics is imp 4 examand also in pathology im doing kaplan books THAKS

hey, i think you're on the right track. 75-80 questions is a good start; better than what I was getting the first time through. Just identify the subject topics that you need work on; like its neuroanatomy or histology or krebs cycle, etc...and just read up on that in your review book/text book/internet.

thats probably the best way to go about it. do questions, review the areas you get wrong and are unsure about...whenever you feel down, look over stuff you feel good about.

hope that helps. 1 month is plenty of time, just make sure to stay focused and understand what youre reading; dont try to cram too much stuff into one day. good luck.

defenatly.. i will do that things.. btw sorry for late reply.. just busy with crappy other stuff ruining my days to waste...:(((

anyways.. thanks a lot for the advise.. u r awesome... bro

got my results back today also:

raw: 296/400
composite: 84

Anatomy: 75 (65.7)
Bio/Phys: 63 (60.8)
Micro/Path: 71 (65.4)
DA/Occl: 87 (74.3)

Studied for 4 weeks.
First two and a half weeks i went through decks once. Studied old asda papers for a week and a half after that. Test results were similar, maybe a little lower than what i was getting on the released exams. Good luck to all that still have to take it.
hi,
cong good job.im also going to take in july.could u plz give me one favour?how did u prepare micro/physi its going to be so tough 4 me.which topics high yeild 4 exam?did u reag usmle notes?plz tell me thanks