score reports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrandMasterB

Big Poppa Pump
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if there is still a delay in getting your step 1 score? how long does it usually take?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Theodore, I can't believe that they still haven't sent you your scores! Do you think they perhaps got lost in the mail? In any case, that is completely unacceptable. Have you tried calling and asking to speak to someone higher up than the person who initially answers?

On the plus side, you get to live in Greece ;) Waiting for your scores near the Aegean must be better than waiting for scores on the Delaware river.

The first one was lost for sure, and since the second one was mailed 27th of May, probably it had the same faith. I called ECFMG one time last December, and blew 100 bucks in the phone bill, not to mention that the line went off before I spoke to someone, so i'm not doing that again.
Aegean sea is awesome, but I'm studying in Hungary,so there's not much difference in the background, except that my neighbouring river is Danube, and I can't even see it.
Anyways, I sent them my Greek address through OASIS, AND HOPEFULLY THE 3RD MAIL WILL BE THE LUCKY ONE. Just imagine that I had in mind to send the score directly to my parents for suprise, and probably now they'll end up seeing it before I do.Well, could be worse, if I didn't know at least that I've passed it. Can't thank enough the guy who posted the reapplication trick, he saved my sanity.

Damn, my brain is fried. I meant that the second one had the same fate.

i just heard one of my classmates just received his score today - he took on june 2. i took it on may 29 and still have not heard anything from my school. have any of you heard yet.

Ktat72, Is there a way you can verify that your friends score already came back? It would seem that they would process and release the scores in the order they were given. Sounds a little weird that your friend got yours sooner than you or I.

I PASSED I PASSED I PASSED
Now that I got that off my shoulders.....
You can check to see if your scores have been released at https://external1.nbme.org/ciwc/java/candidate_menu

There is erroneous info on another thread that says you can check if you passed after your scores are released by trying to register for the same step again.... that if you passed it will say you already passed this test and if you didn't it will allow you to register....

This is complete bullsh*t. It is totally untrue, don't get yourself stressed out by it like I did.
Just call your med school once it says your score has been reported.

I have to go celebrate now...

All of the scores for people who took the exam on the last week of May (I know at least up until the 29th and I heard they do it on a week basis) should have been reported to med school deans today. They were at my school and I can completely certify as two of my classmates went to the deans and got their today. The scores should have been mailed to you today as well, so you should get them this weekend if you took them that last week.

Originally posted by gator2886
Does your candidate status say that the score report was today? Did your med school get it electronically or what? I also took it May 30th but my status has not changed. Any ideas?

I would recheck the website.
The medical school deans have electronic access to the scores.

My candidate status didn't change until after 930 am this morning... the deans office got reports after 11:00 but I didn't get the official word until around 1:15.
The USMLE people mail your score report the same day it gets reported electronically and you are supposed to get it within a few days of the electronic.
I wish I could tell you why you don't have a score back yet but just relax, try not to worry and wait until they release it.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just heard earlier today about my score from my advisor and the lady who receives the score. for those of you who took your step 1 last week of may or the early part of june should check with your deans office. by the way, gator2886, which school in kc do you go to?

For those people who have gotten their scores back, what is the Standard deviation and mean for this year's test.

Just a little clarifcation please, for what starayamoskva said. You mean that if your score is released, you try to reapply for the exam and the system cuts you off it doesn't mean that you ve passed? My score was released in April 23rd, and I haven't received the report yet.'cause the mails got lost. But I tried to reapply and a screen came off saying"according to our records you have already passed this step or its equivalent NBME part", and then it was going on explaing the special situations in which you may

retake the exam(ie special visa, 7 years elapsed without you passing step 2 etcetc). It doesn'T make any sense to me that this is false. I mean, from the moment that they release the scores your reult is printed, so there's nothing you can do about it to change it. Plus, if this was false, it basically means that if I have failed this exam, then the system doesn't allow me to retake it(which I have the right to do, since 3 months have elapsed). And why wouldn'T it say something more general, insted of directly saying'you have passed this step"?
Please clarify, this statement made me stressed(again).

By the way, I'm not talking about one hour differences here. For two months now I'm trying this trick and the same screen shows off.

Originally posted by theodore
Just a little clarifcation please, for what starayamoskva said. You mean that if your score is released, you try to reapply for the exam and the system cuts you off it doesn't mean that you ve passed? My score was released in April 23rd, and I haven't received the report yet.'cause the mails got lost. But I tried to reapply and a screen came off saying"according to our records you have already passed this step or its equivalent NBME part", and then it was going on explaing the special situations in which you may

This little trick only works for IMG's apparently.
I passed the exam and registered for it again with no problem.

Phew!!!!Although it doesn't make sense that it allows US students to re-register and cuts off IMG'S, but anyways.. Are there any other IMG'S out there that tried this trick and then the trick was verified when they received the mail?

Originally posted by TulaneKid24
For those people who have gotten their scores back, what is the Standard deviation and mean for this year's test.

Mean is 216 with a standard deviation of 24.
The standard error of measurement is 6 points for the three digit score.

If anybody cares, NBME releases scores on WEDNESDAYS, of every week. For whatever reason they release them only on that day. That means the Dean's office gets it electronically and they are sent in the mail on that day every week.

I am an AMG. I'm tired of waiting for the score. i'm going to try this reapplying for Step 2 thing. I reapplied for Step 1. I passed this one so the response should be similar to Step 2 if I passed it. I'll see if this works or not.

Anyone know if score reports will be sent out this Wednesday, July 9? Thanks.

our dean got scores up thru June 11th today. I took it on the 12th. DARN! Two of my friends got theirs today, 259 and 260 respectively - WOW!

received score report today (7/12/03) in Boston, Mass.
took exam June 9

used Q-bank, First Aid, BRS Path, BRS Physio, bits and pieces of Lippincott's Pharm and Lippincott's Biochem, High-Yeild BRS, some Pharm flash cards I made up while I was taking the course. Spent a lot of time reviewing Q-bank questions that I got wrong.

Q-bank average: 66% overall, scoring between 68-78% on unused question sets toward the end.

MCAT (in case anyone is interested in a correlation): 29Q

"average" student in med school for M1 and M2, scoring around class ave. on nearly every test.

Step 1 Score: 233/94 (much better than I expected!)

M.D. School: Tufts University, c/o 2005

Interested in Peds and/or Internal Medicine right now, maybe Ob/Gyn..

Hope everyone gets good news soon and thanks for all of your valuable advice and support. Have to go to bed as I have 24-hour weekend call for Psych in the ER tomorrow.

BTW, mean and SD reported on my report were 217 and 24, respectively.

hey irlandesa
that's awesome...I hope I hear similar news.
How did you do on your released questions if you don't mind me asking.

What does the two-point score on your report signify? I know most people use the 3-dig score when they say how they did, but what's up with the 2-dig? I know it does not represent the percentile rankings as it did in the past.

The 2 digit score is there because some states wanted it that way so the NBME reports a 2 digit score. It's also a very useful tool to figure out who went to an American medical school vs a foreign medical school.

Looks like the NBME isn't as behind as they said. Took the test on June 14. Received my score July 12.

Score: 255/99 (waaaaay better than I expected...nearly fainted after opening the score report)

Review books: FA, BRS Path, BRS Physio, Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, HY Neuro, HY Behavioral Sci, UCVs.

Question sources: all of Qbank, all of IV Qbank, NBME released items, Kaplan in-center exam, some of ExamMaster online, some of BSS.

Scores: Qbank 67%, IV Qbank 75%, Kaplain In-Center 77%, Released Items 80%.

Does MCAT correlate? Not even close: 31S (9V-11P-11B)

School: Keck SOM of USC

Originally posted by Jaded Soul
Looks like the NBME isn't as behind as they said. Took the test on June 14. Received my score July 12.

Score: 255/99 (waaaaay better than I expected...nearly fainted after opening the score report)

Review books: FA, BRS Path, BRS Physio, Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, Road Map Gross, Road Map Pharm, HY Neuro, HY Behavioral Sci, UCVs.

Question sources: all of Qbank, all of IV Qbank, NBME released items, Kaplan in-center exam, some of ExamMaster online, some of BSS.

Scores: Qbank 67%, IV Qbank 75%, Kaplain In-Center 77%, Released Items 80%.

Does MCAT correlate? Not even close: 31S (9V-11P-11B)

School: Keck SOM of USC

CONGRATS, Jaded Soul!!

I was rooting for you and knew you would do well. You kicked the USMLE's butt! What field are you going into??

Again, Congrats:clap: :clap: :clap:

Hi Jadedsoul. Congrats to you!! That is awesome!! I hope I have similar news to report this Wednesday!! :)

Originally posted by TulaneKid24
CONGRATS, Jaded Soul!!

I was rooting for you and knew you would do well. You kicked the USMLE's butt! What field are you going into??

Again, Congrats:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks to everyone! I'm completely undecided about what field I want to go into. Right now, I'm just grateful that the "competititve" fields are still within reach.

Hope everyone else gets great news too!

Originally posted by Jaded Soul

Wow, I remember your lament after taking the exam. Congrats!
Perhaps this bodes well for all of us who felt terrible after finishing that beast.

Here's to hoping that all of block 3 were experimental questions....

congrats jaded soul....

hey kosmo, i took mine july 10th and it is funny because i was thinking the same thing when i walked out of my exam....hoping that all of block 3 was experimental.....weird.....

Originally posted by Jim Picotte
The 2 digit score .......... It's also a very useful tool to figure out who went to an American medical school vs a foreign medical school.

How do you figure?

Anyone?

scores posted today

I took on June 12th. Got a 250.

Good luck all!

Took the test one month ago, I got a 231/94. I think that qbank was very helpful, got a 70% there. I'm interested in general surgery, so I hope my score was good enough to go where ever I would like to go.

Originally posted by Jim Picotte
It's also a very useful tool to figure out who went to an American medical school vs a foreign medical school.

Wrong. I go to a "foreign school" and also have a two-point score. Like sm2005, I also got a 231/94. Definitely happy with that.

-Skip
MSIII RUSM

This is a comment about "the trick" of finding out if you passed based on re-registering.

I know an IMG who was allowed to re-register for Step I (or at least, all the way to the credit card part, which is where she stopped), and so she was pretty sure she failed.

Then she got her scores a few days later and she had passed.

So I'm not sure if the trick works. Doesn't seem to be reliable.

Secretwave,
The first time i tried to do this trick, i answered wrong in the first question(ie have you taken an exam with ecfmg before?) at the time i wasn t sure what i had to answer, so i said"no", and went al the way to the credit card report. Then i answered yes to that question and the famous red screen came out. So maybe that img did the same mistake.