1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Scores Are Up

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BushBaby, Oct 4, 2002.

1. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. plasmid

plasmid Junior Member

yeah.. i just got my score... 32 :(

9v 10ps 13bs Q

i guess i'll have to retake it in april...ahhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

4. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah....i should have just waited. Waiting sure would have delayed the "I suck Im stupid" feeling I have right now.:(

5. BushBaby

BushBaby Nipplelina
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Are you nuts....your score is good. You better apply!!!

6. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

please tell me you are only joking about retaking with a 32.

7. plasmid

plasmid Junior Member

no i'm not kidding... i have a real low GPA so i need to make it up with a real high MCAT score. my GPA is 3.0

8. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm at work and don't have my password!
    :eek: :rolleyes: :laugh: :mad: :) :D

9. tbo

tbo MS-4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Lola.. very smart move ;) I'm sitting here at work wondering whether or not I want to actually type the password in ;)

10. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

ha! yeah... that would suck. i was going to memorize my password just in case but forgot to...
    am debating whether or not to go home at lunch. i wouldn't want to ruin such a beautiful sunny day though :clap:

11. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I hate to sound negative, but I don't think a higher MCAT will necessarily make up for low grades. Although it may vary from school to school, you're better off taking more classes over the next couple of years to raise your GPA. This would be particularly true if your science GPA is lower than 3.0. In many adcomms minds you won't be curing the problem by taking the MCAT again. Instead, they'll want you to take steps to raise the GPA. Like the above posters said your MCAT score is solid. I would not take it again unless you are sure you can do much better.

12. mws99

mws99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There are 4 different threads about the scores being up , at 1:14, 1:15, 1:16, and 1:17. If there is anything more anal and neurotic than a premed, it is a premed addicted to SDN (myself included).:)

13. Camden772

Camden772 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

To follow up on my above comment. I know someone who got 8v 10p 12b R the first time they took the MCAT, and then got 6v 10p 12b Q the second time. Retaking it did not help them, and this is not unusual. Most people who score in the 30s the first time they take it do not improve significantly and often score lower. This is not to say that you won't score a 38S the next time you take it. But be very careful. The MCAT is not the problem so don't waste energy trying to improve that at the expense of improving your grades. Either way, good luck!

14. avr

avr

I will say there's more than a grain of truth to this. I retook (original: v8 p9 b8 and something awful for essays) and upped my scores to 11 8 10 R, but i think in a case when you already are scoring well they know you can tackle the MCAT and that isn't the issue. I agree re bolstering your GPA (and, since you're smart and probably just weren't diligent re classes, it'll be easier than retaking the MCAT a million times). Btw, is 3.0 your science gpa or overall? This matters as well.