scoring for part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi
does anybody have any idea as to how many questions we have to answer correctly to get a good score or how many for the passing score of 75?
thanks
jay

Members don't see this ad.

Hey what's up,
the only scoring chart that i know that has been released was for the 1998 exam and on that if u answered about 73 right that would be aobut a 90 score in each section...and on average 83-84 right would be a 99 except in Dental anantomy where a 94 correct equals a 99

here's the link u can check it out http://dentistry.uic.edu/students/exams/nbp1_1998/NatBrdPrt1Dec1998ScoreConversion.pdf

By the way have any other scoring charts been released does anyone know???

hey
thanks for the info.by the way where did you get the information about this link?
i believe u're giving the part 1 on the 9th.good luck man. :thumbup:
later
jay

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
yeah ure right i'm giving part 1 on friday :eek: oh my god i'm GIVING PART 1 ON FRIDAY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ...i still haven't really comprehended the fact that it's coming up!
But yeah that info is in the sticky post for interests of foreigned trained dentists in this forum...http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=81217

That's the link for that thread there is a lot of helpful stuff in that thread so take ure time and check it out...pray for me dawg, it's gonna be rough on friday!!

hey man
i know exactly how u feel?i'm on for monday.so its kinda crazy.wha're you going through, i mean books?kaplan is killing me man.
neways hope you do gr8.
later
jay

The mean on the exam is typically 65/100 questions correct. They usually curve it so that the mean equates to scaled score of 85. A 50/100 usually equates to a scaled score of 75, or a pass.

jay001 said:
hey man
i know exactly how u feel?i'm on for monday.so its kinda crazy.wha're you going through, i mean books?kaplan is killing me man.
neways hope you do gr8.
later
jay

Good luck bro,
u'll do great too..let me know how it went fo sure...and i'll give u my experiences too..i stopped kaplan a while ago it's all decks from here on in i've memorized every question from teh all the old released exams all 12 of them i think so i got those down good let's see then good luck

ItsGavinC said:
The mean on the exam is typically 65/100 questions correct. They usually curve it so that the mean equates to scaled score of 85. A 50/100 usually equates to a scaled score of 75, or a pass.

So does it mean hitting 75/100 correct ones will fetch atleast 95? :idea: