Scramble-Categorical GS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basupran

ortho, study, cars, lift
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into backups as I am meeting too many people who failed to match last year (highly competitive field). I would consider GS as I enjoyed the rotation quite a bit. Are there a decent number of categorical university based programs available for scramble? I do not want to do a prelim year and then reapply.

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking into backups as I am meeting too many people who failed to match last year (highly competitive field). I would consider GS as I enjoyed the rotation quite a bit. Are there a decent number of categorical university based programs available for scramble? I do not want to do a prelim year and then reapply.

Last year 5 categorical positions went unfilled. No idea if they were university vs community based.

http://www.nrmp.org/data/resultsanddata2009.pdf

One of them was the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group. Not sure if it's truly a "university" program, or just an affiliate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great, thanks for the information. I guess the chance of those 5 being at a uni are pretty slim. Prelim it is then hope for a cat opening.

Prelim is a tough road. There are other options that involve doing something productive for a year and then applying smarter the 2nd time around. Opens a lot more options and also allows a more organized plan B should you not match GS a 2nd time.