Scramble questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drugsrgd

Graduating soon
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I didn't get any residency interviews, and despite the rejection, I am still interested in doing a residency. It looks like I will be doing the Scramble. Does anyone have Scramble experiences or advice that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Good luck to everyone in The Match!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

How many programs did your friend have to contact before getting accepted to one? If you didn't go the residency route, may I ask where are you practicing now (i.e. inpatient, Ambulatory Care, retail, etc)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, as he ended up in our university hospital, my guess would be one. :D

I crossed over to the dark side and work for industry, with retail every other weekend. I do not like hospitals as a patient, employee, visitor, or in any other capacity I can think of. I did enjoy my ICU and transplant rotations, but traditional institutional practice - I would rather take my brain out with a rusty spoon.

I'm thinking about going into industry too.

Did you do research while in pharmacy school? I did research while in undergrad... but i'm not sure if theres time to do research once i'm in pharm school considering the tough load.

Well, as he ended up in our university hospital, my guess would be one. :D

I crossed over to the dark side and work for industry, with retail every other weekend. I do not like hospitals as a patient, employee, visitor, or in any other capacity I can think of. I did enjoy my ICU and transplant rotations, but traditional institutional practice - I would rather take my brain out with a rusty spoon.

What was your role in industry? Reg Sci, Pharmaco econ, research, MSL?

Did you do research while in pharmacy school? I did research while in undergrad... but i'm not sure if theres time to do research once i'm in pharm school considering the tough load.

I did... I did a bench science project and a clinical project, and decided this is not something I want to do, but it was a good experience nonetheless.

The course load in pharmacy school is overrated. Anyone with logic and common sense can do well without spending days pouring over books. Unfortunately, too many people had been pushed by American public education system into memorizing stuff without thinking about it, which results in a lot of time spent and not much to show for that. IMHO. :rolleyes:

As long as you have good time management skills, there will be plenty of time to do research in pharmacy school. I and many of my classmates are currently working on some research projects and we are in what most people in our school call our hardest semester.