Test Tools Scratch Sheet: Pocket Sized

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scratchsheet

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SS_Blank_5.5x4.25_Front.jpg

The Pocket Sized Scratch Sheet is a Scratch Sheet that is completely blank! Check out a video of the Scratch Sheet:

http://www.gogreentube.com/watch.php?v=NTM5OTUz

This Scratch Sheet is perfect to use as a quick task list or flash card. It's really compact and about the size of an index card.

We're also looking to the Scratch Sheet community to show us fun and useful ways they use their Scratch Sheets! Join our facebook page and post a fan picture of your Scratch Sheet in use and we'll send you another Scratch Sheet for free!

The goals of the Scratch Sheet are to help students study effectively, and just as importantly, to reduce paper consumption and make our world a cleaner place to live in. We'd like to start this discussion off, so reply to this thread with:

• Introduce yourself! (ie school + major)
  • How many sheets of scratch paper you think you use in a week (loose leaf to write notes or study for tests and thrown away or recycled)
  • What other things do you think can be done on your campus to reduce paper consumption, and consumption in general? What do you already see being done?

Everyone who replies will be entered to win the following (4 of these packs will be given away):

• 3 Blank Scratch Sheets
  • 2 Blank Pocket Sized Scratch Sheets
  • 1 Scratch Sheet Pen
Can't wait to see all the responses!

Best,
The Scratch Sheet Team

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Cute. This is perfect for a white coat pocket. There isn't a day on the wards when I don't need to write an MR number or a memo to myself to do something on whatever piece of paper is laying around.

I like the idea of throwing it in my coat, but after bouncing around in there won't the marker just be wiped off before I get a chance to look at it? Really this thing needs a few sheets with a cover to prevent the notes from being wiped away in the coat pocket.

Members don't see this ad :)
The goals of the Scratch Sheet are to help students study effectively, and just as importantly, to reduce paper consumption and make our world a cleaner place to live in. We'd like to start this discussion off, so reply to this thread with:

• Introduce yourself! (ie school + major)
  • How many sheets of scratch paper you think you use in a week (loose leaf to write notes or study for tests and thrown away or recycled)
  • What other things do you think can be done on your campus to reduce paper consumption, and consumption in general? What do you already see being done?

I'm a 3rd year medical student at a State Medical School.

I probably use ~3-4 loose-leaf sheets of paper when I'm studying... just randomly scribbled notes.

We have a lot of recycle bins around campus, most students are pretty good about using them. A lot of students are pretty careful to print double-sided. Other than that, not too much. We've tried going paperless and too many students still like having notes in front of them. Just too hard to learn otherwise.

I like the idea of throwing it in my coat, but after bouncing around in there won't the marker just be wiped off before I get a chance to look at it? Really this thing needs a few sheets with a cover to prevent the notes from being wiped away in the coat pocket.
Agree with this- but I really really like the idea of the pocket-sized.. so maybe I'll have to figure out a way to improvise something.

I'm an M2 so I could see this coming in very handy on rotations next year. I've been taking most of my class notes via computer which saves using paper.. if I need to print a lecture I try to put my notes into the power point slides (and take out the extraneous slides) to try to save some trees. Like Dep said, I just really like having the notes in hand to highlight, etc. We also have quite a few recycling bins that I'd like to see used more. They're pretty out in the open- maybe if we had one in each small group lab that would help...

Hoberto- This probably won't be an issue if you put two cards face to face or just have it left open faced in your hands during rounds since most of the chicken scratch I write during then I usually get done after rounding so I would have no need to put it in my pocket.

Will give this a shot:

I am about to be a M1 this fall and have not quite made my selection yet. I go through many sheets of paper that I tend to throw away after each semester is over. I think that it would be best for profs to post the notes online so as to avoid copying notes down and slowing down the class.

I love this idea. It would be great if there were several somehow bound together with a cover.

I could easily write short to dos for patients, etc on these when rounding. I easily use 2-3 pages a day as is.

At my school, I've seen folks writing electronic notes to themselves/to do lists on PDAs or using google. I've also seen pre-clinical folks using more electronic flashcards as opposed to paper index cards for studying.