Step II Screen turned off during exam

Started by Meesky
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Meesky

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there,

Took CK recently (awaiting results) and halfway through my exam i accidentally kicked a cord in the back and my screen turned off. I dont think I turned the actual computer off, because as soon as the proctor calmed my panic and told me it was just a plug, the screen turn on and it was on the same question. I'm assuming since it was just the screen, it has no effect on the actual test? right???? I know i'm just paranoid, just wanted to make sure.
 
Hey there,

Took CK recently (awaiting results) and halfway through my exam i accidentally kicked a cord in the back and my screen turned off. I dont think I turned the actual computer off, because as soon as the proctor calmed my panic and told me it was just a plug, the screen turn on and it was on the same question. I'm assuming since it was just the screen, it has no effect on the actual test? right???? I know i'm just paranoid, just wanted to make sure.

You went through 4 years of high school, 4 years of undergrad and 3+ years of medical school.
I think after a decade worth of education and countless hours working with computers/laptops you can honestly answer this question without any doubts.
 
I dont know if this helps but during my exam i tried to turn the brightness up by pushing buttons on the monitor.(stupid i know) The screen actually went off while i was doing that. It came back on the same question after i asked for help and eventually did not affect my result in any way.
 
Hey there,

Took CK recently (awaiting results) and halfway through my exam i accidentally kicked a cord in the back and my screen turned off. I dont think I turned the actual computer off, because as soon as the proctor calmed my panic and told me it was just a plug, the screen turn on and it was on the same question. I'm assuming since it was just the screen, it has no effect on the actual test? right???? I know i'm just paranoid, just wanted to make sure.

I have a similar story.

I hit the power button on the bottom right of the computer screen by mistake and the screen turned black. I almost had a freakout for a millisecond.
But I calmed myself, and hit the power button again and it turned back on no problemo.

Passed Step 2 CK with a 249, so don't let the stress get to you man.