screening guidelines summary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chitown82

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know of website that has a summary of the US preventive services task force's screening guidelines? i gotta shelf coming up soon and it would be nice to have all the screening recommendations in one place!

Members don't see this ad.

But this is not really a summary.

Members don't see this ad :)
i should have been clearer...i found the UTPSTF site awhile ago but clearly the document is not a summary. its 256 pages. was looking for something a little more compact.

I'm not sure of a shorter version, but for quick reference, their website has a PDA program that has you enter the age, sex, smoking, and sexual activity status of your patient and will then pop up a list of recommended screenings.

i should have been clearer...i found the UTPSTF site awhile ago but clearly the document is not a summary. its 256 pages. was looking for something a little more compact.

Well it's going to be tough since there are quite a few diseases listed there, and the recomendations vary depending on patient (age vs. risk factor vs. genetics, etc.).