Screw it - give me a 30 and I'm good

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studmuffin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So when i started studying i thought i could get a 40 like all the rest of us, and that just ain't gonna happen. I am, however, scoring low 30's so at this point i want to get this thing over with and move on with my life. I've spent the last 2 months studying every day 5+ hours. I have a life outside of this stupid test and I would like to get back to it. By the way, screw verbal- i started scoring 7's and now I'm scoring 9's and I've accepted that i'm not gonna score high in verbal. I feel sorry for others whose verbal is lower than that and that's what is keeping them out of med school -that stinks. If anyone else on out there is a normal human being chime in- you are not alone. Don't let these rockstars on this site discourage you- do what you do to the best of your mojo. That's it.

Members don't see this ad.

luck is the residual of skill.

but yea, people on this site only post their scores, usually as there are sometimes people who post their scores who dont do as well as others, when they score high. but in all honesty, look at the stats for even last year. getting a 32 means you are about in the 85th percentile, which is astounding considering the stats always show a bell curve.

average score over like 86000 takes was a 25. enough said right there.

SDN is the 1% when it comes to the MCAT. Literally.

Never let this site bother you, I've been lurking for years now and I had to learn that a long time ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol yeah when I started studying I said my goal was 36...now it's anything over a 30. The difficulty in getting over mid 30s truly leads me to think many people who post scores are full of it. Especially those with 15 on verbal! If you're reading this and really got a 15 on verbal, bask in the warm glow of knowing your score was too awesome to believe

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely agree with this. The amount of progress you can make in 3~ months of studying is something a lot of people overestimate. Just when you think you've finally gotten better or that you've learned all the content you'll need, you take another FL and get the EXACT same results back... it's been a humbling/frustrating experience to say the least. Kudos to AAMC: you've made one bitch of a test.

So when i started studying i thought i could get a 40 like all the rest of us, and that just ain't gonna happen. I am, however, scoring low 30's so at this point i want to get this thing over with and move on with my life. I've spent the last 2 months studying every day 5+ hours. I have a life outside of this stupid test and I would like to get back to it. By the way, screw verbal- i started scoring 7's and now I'm scoring 9's and I've accepted that i'm not gonna score high in verbal. I feel sorry for others whose verbal is lower than that and that's what is keeping them out of med school -that stinks. If anyone else on out there is a normal human being chime in- you are not alone. Don't let these rockstars on this site discourage you- do what you do to the best of your mojo. That's it.

THIS!

Unfortunately, I am one of those sad verbal folk... Although I pulled a lucky 10 on a practice verbal section today. It's been mostly 6-8's my whole 'MCAT' life.

This thread made me feel better. :laugh: I've always been an excellent test taker and I thought a full summer of study would allow me to score in the "oh yes, we'd love to give you an interview" range. Well, my AAMC average has hovered around 32 despite ridiculous hours of study and angst.

Took the 7/27 MCAT and am still in the "OH MY GOD I THINK I FAILED" phase. If I could just get something close to my average I'd be thrilled.

(For me VR is my strength -- I actually got a 15 on one AAMC FL and took a screenshot to show the grandkids someday -- it's PS that brings me down every time, and it seems that SDN is full of people who can finish PS in 35 minutes and then enjoy a little nap. The 7/27 thread is populated with people who thought the PS section was easy, which I most certainly did not!)

Lol yeah when I started studying I said my goal was 36...now it's anything over a 30. The difficulty in getting over mid 30s truly leads me to think many people who post scores are full of it. Especially those with 15 on verbal! If you're reading this and really got a 15 on verbal, bask in the warm glow of knowing your score was too awesome to believe

totally agree- once you get into the mid 30's, its like a point per question or every two questions. what is truly frustrating is going through a FL seeing all the errors i think i shouldn't have made, but did. The time factor makes it hard

I fully believe the difference between a 35 or 36 and any score above that is shear luck. Being human you are always going to make a few mistakes, given a minute a question, no matter how cold you know the material. This is particularly true in verbal, where the correct answers can seem arbitrary as hell. Usually when I review verbal, I read the AAMC explanation and still disagree with the correct answer :laugh:.

The truth is, you need a score that is high ENOUGH. Not one that is going to blow anyone away. Admissions committees are well aware at how dumb of a test the MCAT really is.

This thread made me feel better. :laugh: I've always been an excellent test taker and I thought a full summer of study would allow me to score in the "oh yes, we'd love to give you an interview" range. Well, my AAMC average has hovered around 32 despite ridiculous hours of study and angst.

Took the 7/27 MCAT and am still in the "OH MY GOD I THINK I FAILED" phase. If I could just get something close to my average I'd be thrilled.

(For me VR is my strength -- I actually got a 15 on one AAMC FL and took a screenshot to show the grandkids someday -- it's PS that brings me down every time, and it seems that SDN is full of people who can finish PS in 35 minutes and then enjoy a little nap. The 7/27 thread is populated with people who thought the PS section was easy, which I most certainly did not!)

I took the 7/27 MCAT as well (at FAU in florida). Bro i can replay the same 10-20 questions in my head and get one or two different answers every time haha. I feel all of you guys on this though. Good luck to you guys and as for us, august 28 needs to come now!

Finally, a thread in SDN MCAT that I can relate. This is the MCAT thread for the commoners of SDN hahaha! Revolt, my brothers and sisters!

:p

Members don't see this ad :)
My initial goal was a 36, but that was before beginning my preparation. Once I started studying that goal quickly became a 33, then a 30, then finally a 28, which is around the median of my state school. The MCAT is tough.

FINALLY someone who feels the same way as me about the PS on the 7/27 exam!!!!! I had an AAMC average about the same as yours, after 3 months of nothing but MCAT studying. I definitely think I failed too... just hoping for above 30!

FINALLY someone who feels the same way as me about the PS on the 7/27 exam!!!!! I had an AAMC average about the same as yours, after 3 months of nothing but MCAT studying. I definitely think I failed too... just hoping for above 30!

I felt like the PS was . . . weird. Just kind of weird. I was running short on time and so I just picked random answers for a few that required calculations, and I didn't have time to go back. :( Though I suppose it's better that I spent that time doing more problems that took less time, and I keep reminding myself that I ran out of time much worse on two or three AAMC FLs and still got a decent (10 -- decent for me!) score.

It's like it's not ENOUGH pressure trying to pull off a decent overall score, but we also have to worry if it's balanced enough, and I just read in another thread that scores with a high VR aren't considered as good as scores with a high PS or BS. *facepalm*

rawsauceroc and 7ec13, thank you for making me feel like less of a freak :laugh:I bet you will both score near your average (or above!) and it will all be fine. Waiting a month for scores is exquisite torture for the pre-med mindset, no?

JUST GIVE ME AN ADMITTABLE SCORE PLZ. KTHXBAI.

I was shooting realistically for a 34 because one of my friends got that, but after the 7/27, all I want is a 30.

And PS is only easy in comparison to the VR and BS on that test lol.

It's like it's not ENOUGH pressure trying to pull off a decent overall score, but we also have to worry if it's balanced enough, and I just read in another thread that scores with a high VR aren't considered as good as scores with a high PS or BS. *facepalm*
I've heard the opposite many times; that VR is given the most weight because it's most representative of your reasoning skills.

Really though I think it's more reasonable just to assume that med schools really only care about your CS and only look at section scores to make sure your CS wasn't due to an outlier section (ex: having a 30 but a section breakdown of 15/7/8).

(For me VR is my strength -- The 7/27 thread is populated with people who thought the PS section was easy, which I most certainly did not!)

I took the 7/27, too. I agree that PS seemed easier just by comparison to the BS, but this was my first time taking the MCAT and part way into the PS section I felt like it was written for me, like even though I had to guess at a few I had at least covered all of the material addressed. Not so for BS! I think it's definitely luck of the draw as to what you're tested on.

A lot of people that have outstanding scores still have Mommy and Daddy taking care of them. When your major responsibilities are school and research, well, both of those things feed back into doing even better on the MCAT. There's a reason you see statistics about people with 4.0's and 36's not getting admitted. Relax and don't judge yourself as harshly as others on an anonymous forum do. Just keep doing the best you can, and remind yourself it's all you can do!

yeah time for me to jump in here....taking aug 23rd.

I was starting off relatively well....I was feeling confident. On AAMC 3 I got a 27 which was like halfway through content review. Then on TBR 1 & 2 I got 34 and 33 respectively. I was hoping to stabilize at 34. So I was feeling like I was rolling well. Then TBR 3 was like 27 but I saw how it was supposed to be hard. Then TBR 4 was a 30. Which was frustrating because the site was super slow and it killed my momentum. Then I took AAMC 5, 7, 8 and I got 28, 27, 28. And my Verbal score has been going from average ~11/10 to now like 8/9....SO FRUSTRATING. ARGH. And only 24.5 days left.

Srsly right now, my mind is like "WHY CANT I SCORE HIGHER, I KNOW MORE NOW"

T_______T

yeah time for me to jump in here....taking aug 23rd.

I was starting off relatively well....I was feeling confident. On AAMC 3 I got a 27 which was like halfway through content review. Then on TBR 1 & 2 I got 34 and 33 respectively. I was hoping to stabilize at 34. So I was feeling like I was rolling well. Then TBR 3 was like 27 but I saw how it was supposed to be hard. Then TBR 4 was a 30. Which was frustrating because the site was super slow and it killed my momentum. Then I took AAMC 5, 7, 8 and I got 28, 27, 28. And my Verbal score has been going from average ~11/10 to now like 8/9....SO FRUSTRATING. ARGH. And only 24.5 days left.

Srsly right now, my mind is like "WHY CANT I SCORE HIGHER, I KNOW MORE NOW"

T_______T

You may need a break, you sound burned out. With my studying I'm finding out less is more at this point (I'm also 8/23). Instead of taking a boatload more practice tests, take a handful of good ones (the AAMCs) and make sure you're fresh so you can attack them. Review weak topics modestly and do everything to make sure you are mentally peaking come test time. If this means more breaks, skipping practice tests, or reducing review then so be it.

I think one thing most of us fall for is using the practice test scores to comfort or validate our progress. Each one should be focused on being in the right mindset to allow success and continual progress of test taking skill improvement (eliminating errors, using POE, pacing, endurance etc.). Review time and test time should be used to improve the logic used to solve the problems, but this is difficult to improve. Many underestimate their own deficiencies here and simply think many errors are "simple mistakes". Most are not. Just because you read the solution and "got it" easily doesn't mean it was a simple mistake. There is a reason you chose the answers and truly honing the process is tough. This is why it is so important to be "fresh" and in a good mindset to attack the test. I really think this is one of everyone's biggest allies when taking the test and makes a significant difference in being able to perform to your individual potential.

If you keep these things in mind your scores will improve.

You may need a break, you sound burned out. With my studying I'm finding out less is more at this point (I'm also 8/23). Instead of taking a boatload more practice tests, take a handful of good ones (the AAMCs) and make sure you're fresh so you can attack them. Review weak topics modestly and do everything to make sure you are mentally peaking come test time. If this means more breaks, skipping practice tests, or reducing review then so be it.

I think one thing most of us fall for is using the practice test scores to comfort or validate our progress. Each one should be focused on being in the right mindset to allow success and continual progress of test taking skill improvement (eliminating errors, using POE, pacing, endurance etc.). Review time and test time should be used to improve the logic used to solve the problems, but this is difficult to improve. Many underestimate their own deficiencies here and simply think many errors are "simple mistakes". Most are not. Just because you read the solution and "got it" easily doesn't mean it was a simple mistake. There is a reason you chose the answers and truly honing the process is tough. This is why it is so important to be "fresh" and in a good mindset to attack the test. I really think this is one of everyone's biggest allies when taking the test and makes a significant difference in being able to perform to your individual potential.

If you keep these things in mind your scores will improve.

Thanks for the advice....I was thinking that too so I took a whole day off before AAMC 8 and just relaxed. Then I took AAMC 8 and yeah. I wonder if I am being inefficient post-passage & post-test? I usually go over the passages and take notes on explainations even if I got the question right (unless it was something really easy or something I knew really well). That usually takes me like 3ish hours.

At this point, should I just do passages and passages and skip reading (i mean in areas I am relatively uncomfortable/weak)? I used to do content review by reading the content and then doing passages right after so it's all fresh. Then I review my answers the next day and take notes.

I notice that in verbal, I often eliminate down to 2 (like so many before me) and choose the wrong one a little more than normal.

I also notice that areas I was formerly strong in are starting to show gaps (like forgetting how to do some calculations or like forgetting basic concepts of a cell or something) when I took the last 3 tests.

Any help would be appreciated :D

The biggest thing on the post test is being honest with yourself, knowing why you chose what you did and how you can change your approach to lead to the correct choice (honing your logic). If practice tests are only used to memorize a few more facts and diagnose weak subjects then they aren't as helpful, because the real test will have different topics and random trivia. Developing your logic and critical thinking will help the most (diagnosing weak areas is good too). This is hard. It is about learning to think and systematically problem solve in varying situations, not memorizing or regurgitating like much of undergrad. Being "fresh" and positive helps...

The biggest thing on the post test is being honest with yourself, knowing why you chose what you did and how you can change your approach to lead to the correct choice (honing your logic). If practice tests are only used to memorize a few more facts and diagnose weak subjects then they aren't as helpful, because the real test will have different topics and random trivia. Developing your logic and critical thinking will help the most (diagnosing weak areas is good too). This is hard. It is about learning to think and systematically problem solve in varying situations, not memorizing or regurgitating like much of undergrad. Being "fresh" and positive helps...

Hmm I think you are describing my problem pretty well. Specifically, what is an efficient way to "hone logic"? Esp with Verbal, because I don't usually know what to do post-test on VR....I read the explainations, and think why I chose the different answer but honestly, I don't know what else would help.

Thanks

I thought I was an average student (on a scale 1 to 10), 10 being the smartest person. I really thought I was in between 6 to 7. But that mcat test make me feel like I am at a 4 now...I really dont get how a human being can possibly score a 36+ on such a test. However, I feel like if someone can get a 10 in VR, it is not impossible to get at least 30.

I thought I was an average student (on a scale 1 to 10), 10 being the smartest person. I really thought I was in between 6 to 7. But that mcat test make me feel like I am at a 4 now...I really dont get how a human being can possibly score a 36+ on such a test. However, I feel like if someone can get a 10 in VR, it is not impossible to get at least 30.

There are a lot of factors that go into a score that is above a 36. But like many posters here would say, I personally don't believe that it is completely luck. While there is a certain element of luck to any test, this is not going to account for even a large majority of the deviation.

I know that there are many motivational videos out there that say that you can do anything and all you have to do is want it bad enough. And while it might not be that simple, I think that its a real part of it scoring well. Human beings are extremely adaptable, you have children capable of ridiculous things not because they have innate capacity, but of how their upbringing has shaped them (think Japanese kids with the abbacus). I have been studying for the MCAT for about 6 months now and am taking the test on Saturday. My diagnostic score was a 30.

Now from what I've seen on SDN and this thread in general, apparently 30 is a good score. At the expense of scorn from the guys in this thread and others, I will say that I think it is a horrible score. Some of you might say that that's unreasonable. But that's what the MCAT is about, it's about having an unreasonable psychology. It's about demanding everything you possibly can from yourself. When you go to sleep, and when you wake up, all you think about is the MCAT. But thinking about it and worrying about it isn't enough to make you succeed. You have to sacrifice as much as you demand. This might seem like "gunner" talk, but I assure you that it isn't. I have no intention of trying to one up my classmates at everything, I want them to succeed along with me. I simply have my own goals that I chose not based on everyone else but on what I believe I am capable of. And my goal, as of right now is to get a 40+ on the MCAT.

The MCAT is a very difficult exam, but I think more than anything it tests how badly you want to get into medical school. Some people say that they want to get in so bad, but really, they just want to complain about how hard everything is and how the average is a 25 so there's no way you could get above a 36, and in that complaining, they use up all of their energy and have very little to give to real preparation it self.

So how badly do you want it? How badly do you want to get into medical school? Obviously the MCAT isn't the only factor but it's a fairly large portion of medical school considerations. And ask yourself, do you want a top score on the MCAT, or do you just want the MCAT to be over with? The limits that you set for yourself personally are extremely important. If you have the sheer will, dedication, sacrifice and desire, that bar can be as high as you want it to be.

P.S. Seriously guys, I'm really not trying to be condescending, I have no more knowledge or wisdom than any of you here. I'm just a kid in college trying to follow my dreams. This is just some wisdom that my father shared with me when I was a kid and continues to do so when I prepare for exams like this. I thought maybe I should share it. If it offends, I am sorry, that was not the intention.

LOL

I :thumbup: this thread.

BTW, I am going to be glad to be done with this test also. When I started, I was getting 10s on VR. Now, after testing a handful of strategies and going through the entire EK101 and every AAMC, I am getting..... 11s. Woot. -_- Now, I do recognize that I am ahead of most of the test-takers already, but after months of studying I wish I could increase my score by more than a single point.
:bang:

Oh, and what about PS? I have a good, scientific mind. I could probably give a lecture on radioactive decay or solubility products. But what gets me is those crappy random passages about minutiae like capacitors, pendulum periods, or the kinetic energy of a spring. I swear, AAMC has a special pool of physics questions labeled "crap nobody knows", and they throw two or three on each test.
:wtf:

BS.... Meh. This is my "home" section, so I haven't had much trouble here. I just need to pay more attention and stop getting "translation" confused with "transcription" and "transduction".
:eyebrow:

Saturday afternoon it will all be over. Then the drinking starts.

I still have 3 months of studying left and I'm already sick and tired of this idiotic test. The national median for matriculants is a 31.2. If I can get a 31 or a 32 I will be very satisfied.

OK, so you study hard, take a practice test, get a low score, and then LOWER your expectations and standards?

Why not keep your expectations the same and work HARDER instead?

4 hours a day is nothing. 8 hours a day is nothing. Unless you're putting in 12+ hours a day, you haven't really worked HARD.

Every time I get tired of studying for the MCAT, I tell myself, "If you can't handle this. You can't handle residency."

OK, so you study hard, take a practice test, get a low score, and then LOWER your expectations and standards?

Why not keep your expectations the same and work HARDER instead?

4 hours a day is nothing. 8 hours a day is nothing. Unless you're putting in 12+ hours a day, you haven't really worked HARD.

Every time I get tired of studying for the MCAT, I tell myself, "If you can't handle this. You can't handle residency."

:laugh: There's a difference between doing real work and studying for a stupid ass standardized test. I'd rather pull 4 months straight of 16 hour days doing real work than 4 months of 4 hours/day of MCAT studying.

Well, your entire medical career rests upon the outcomes of two stupid ass standardized tests. So study hard for them or not, your choice.

Well, your entire medical career rests upon the outcomes of two stupid ass standardized tests. So study hard for them or not, your choice.

While I won't go so far as to say your ENTIRE medical career, you don't really have a choice about the stupid ass standardized tests. You're going to have to take them. I have to agree with ZPak, lots of people complain and make excuses without actually studying for the dam thing.

haha if you're studying over 8 hours a day for the MCAT for 3 months, you're doing it wrong.

Oh, is there one correct method of studying for the MCAT that works for anyone in any situation? What about for a non-trad that hasn't seen the inside of a classroom for half a decade? Would you tell them that relearning the basic sciences full time for 3 months is a waste of time?

Yes, working smarter is just as important as working harder. But lowering your goals because you're encountering resistance is a sign that you're not ready for the road ahead.

quite honestly i've been studying for the MCAT for close to 30 days now and this is my take on it. No schedule, book or resource is going to give you an "edge". In the end it comes down to you really understanding and intuitively feeling for the material presented. By far the most helpful thing i've done is spend a ton of time focusing on the portions of the exam i know i suck at. For me this is PS. I was scoring 10's on TBR GC and now after through review and meticulous study i'm scoring 11-12's. Physics is also improving for me (8-9 -> 10). This is only possible if you take the time to address your weaknesses and be true to yourself about studying. Spending 4-5 hours in front of an MCAT book does nothing if you aren't ACTIVELY learning during that time. The more time you spend protecting your ego and "pretending" you're comfortable with certain subjects the more of a disadvantage you're giving yourself. Just because you got an A in the class doesn't mean you can beat the MCAT. If anything it could just mean your professor was easy or you lucked out. On the MCAT there is no lucking out or easy professors. Never be overconfident and don't even get the notion into your head that you're "over-prepared"- there is no such thing.

My question to AAMC is: Why the MCAT has to be so hard? Why can't it be like the PCAT?

Disclaimer: I am not trying to start a MCAT vs PCAT war here... The two tests pretty much test the same content (except physics), but the MCAT presents these contents in a much more challenging way. I took a PCAT practice test and did much better than the mcat because the content is 'somewhat' straightforward.

My question to AAMC is: Why the MCAT has to be so hard? Why can't it be like the PCAT?

Disclaimer: I am not trying to start a MCAT vs PCAT war here... The two tests pretty much test the same content (except physics), but the MCAT presents these contents in a much more challenging way. I took a PCAT practice test and did much better than the mcat because the content is 'somewhat' straightforward.

You have to understand how standardized tests work. They are designed so that the entire population of test takers will fall into a normal distribution of scores.

What this means is that the difficulty of any standardized test will reflect the ability of the population of the test's takers. If the MCAT is harder than the PCAT, that means that MCAT takers on average have greater ability than PCAT takers.

Of course, there is no objective evidence of this discrepancy between the two, your personal anecdote notwithstanding.

You have to understand how standardized tests work. They are designed so that the entire population of test takers will fall into a normal distribution of scores.

What this means is that the difficulty of any standardized test will reflect the ability of the population of the test's takers. If the MCAT is harder than the PCAT, that means that MCAT takers on average have greater ability than PCAT takers.

Of course, there is no objective evidence of this discrepancy between the two, your personal anecdote notwithstanding.

Wow...That is new to me.

Oh come on, no need to be melodramatic. I will give you that if you want to be a neurosurgeon or RadOnc etc. then bombing Step 1 will preclude your dreams, but you can get into either of those fields with a marginal MCAT provided you bust your ass in medical school.

Oh, is there one correct method of studying for the MCAT that works for anyone in any situation? What about for a non-trad that hasn't seen the inside of a classroom for half a decade? Would you tell them that relearning the basic sciences full time for 3 months is a waste of time?

Yes, working smarter is just as important as working harder. But lowering your goals because you're encountering resistance is a sign that you're not ready for the road ahead.

Of course there's no one correct way of studying, that's why everyone thinks you're being ridiculous when you claim that if you haven't put in 12 hrs/day of studying then you haven't worked hard. That's well past the point of productivity for many people and may well do more harm than good if it burns them out. I did 3-4 hours on average a day, and I turned out ok.

Also, as a premed who hasn't even taken the MCAT yet, why are you telling others that they "aren't ready for the road ahead" when you don't know anything about them, or, for that matter, med school? Really? Chillax.

That bell curve, man, that bell curve.

Wow...That is new to me.

This is also why newer MCATs are more difficult than old MCATs. Test takers are getting better with every successive generation having more and more experience and knowledge from prior generations. Newer tests must be harder to maintain the normal distribution.

Of course there's no one correct way of studying, that's why everyone thinks you're being ridiculous when you claim that if you haven't put in 12 hrs/day of studying then you haven't worked hard. That's well past the point of productivity for many people and may well do more harm than good if it burns them out. I did 3-4 hours on average a day, and I turned out ok.

I said that because it's true. Studying is not that taxing of an activity. Operating for 20 hours straight is HARD. Running a marathon for 4 hours is HARD. Studying for the MCAT for 8 hours is NOT HARD.

I never said that studying 12 hours a day is SMART. But it qualifies as somewhat hard in my book.

Oh come on, no need to be melodramatic. I will give you that if you want to be a neurosurgeon or RadOnc etc. then bombing Step 1 will preclude your dreams, but you can get into either of those fields with a marginal MCAT provided you bust your ass in medical school.

Also, as a premed who hasn't even taken the MCAT yet, why are you telling others that they "aren't ready for the road ahead" when you don't know anything about them, or, for that matter, med school? Really? Chillax.

That bell curve, man, that bell curve.

Thank you, my point exactly.

I said that because it's true. Studying is not that taxing of an activity. Operating for 20 hours straight is HARD. Running a marathon for 4 hours is HARD. Studying for the MCAT for 8 hours is NOT HARD.

I never said that studying 12 hours a day is SMART. But it qualifies as somewhat hard in my book

How do you know? Have you studied for the MCAT? Have you done this successfully?

It doesn't matter how long you study, it matters how well you understand the material. Your argument is flawed in so many ways, that I won't waste my time here.

How do you know? Have you studied for the MCAT? Have you done this successfully?

It doesn't matter how long you study, it matters how well you understand the material. Your argument is flawed in so many ways, that I won't waste my time here.

Yes, I am studying for the MCAT right now. And you don't even understand my argument, much less be able to find a flaw in it.