Scroll approval where are you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fizzle_22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody else's scroll approval taking forever? Apparently I'm my recruiter's first ever HPSP select. Can't shake the feeling that something may be wrong even though I've heard it can take a while.

Selected back in November.
Accepted to med school and submitted acceptance letter December 7th

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Healthcare Recruiter here...they are moving very slow this year. Though all mine from November have been back...is it actually the scroll they are waiting on or the appointment orders? I had one of mine from December just come out last week.

Healthcare Recruiter here...they are moving very slow this year. Though all mine from November have been back...is it actually the scroll they are waiting on or the appointment orders? I had one of mine from December just come out last week.

I was told by my recruiter that it is my scroll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Air Force

Aw, I see. Yeah I don't have any way to look at the Air Force scrolls and don't really know if they do things different. However, have no fear they will get it done the most important part is that you were awarded the scholarship and their team will make sure you get your school paid for in time.

Made an account just to post in this thread. I was in the February boards and have yet to hear anything back at all from my recuiter other than "We'll know when you know". I applied for the ARMY scholarship. Do you have a way to tell if I even made it to the scroll @Armyhealth ?

Made an account just to post in this thread. I was in the February boards and have yet to hear anything back at all from my recuiter other than "We'll know when you know". I applied for the ARMY scholarship. Do you have a way to tell if I even made it to the scroll @Armyhealth ?

None of the February scrolls are back, I had two accepted in February and neither are back. This is very very normal, however recruiters are used to this and we will get everything done before you start school.

Thanks for the reply, that's more info than I've gotten in weeks! Guess I'll just keep waiting then.

Reactions: 1 user
My recruiter text me this morning to tell me my scroll is at the final approving official's level. Hopefully this is almost over

Reactions: 1 users
My recruiter text me this morning to tell me my scroll is at the final approving official's level. Hopefully this is almost over

AFHPSP here, still waiting on my scroll approval as well. Was selected in October.

Are there multiple scroll approvals throughout the year?

Yes, the scrolls go up in batches of roughly 10 at a time. If one person's social/name/rank are messed up that entire batch is kicked back and has to start over. That is why they are very slow sometimes....plus they go through the secretary of defenses office so I imagine they are pretty busy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got notified of my selection so now I get to join the hurry up and wait for the scroll process!

Also waiting, since December. Chances of going to COT this summer are looking slimmer...

Have scroll approvals & commissioning always happened before the start of the first semester? May 2 board over here with fingers crossed

Have scroll approvals & commissioning always happened before the start of the first semester? May 2 board over here with fingers crossed
No. Sometimes they occur after, apparently. I'm looking into back up plans. May board applicant here as well.

I just received word this morning that scroll approval went through. Anyone else?

Army here boarding June 20. Eeek. When could I realistically be commissioned and receive funding for school?

Have fun waiting. Still haven't heard back from May 2 boards

Really?? I would've thought with the April board letting us know within 8 days you'd have heard back by now.
Paperwork mixup at Army end, recruiter forwarded everything right but they just didn't get to it in May it turns out so will be in June boards :p

Paperwork mixup at Army end, recruiter forwarded everything right but they just didn't get to it in May it turns out so will be in June boards :p
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

On the bright side, congrats on getting into an MD program!

I applied and got accepted into the Air Force also. But my scroll is still not approved. It's been 5 months now. What is the average wait time? Why's it take so long?

I have no clue. I am still waiting. It's been 5-6 months for me as well

It seems that Air Force scrolls are lagging in general

Yeah I don't know why Air Force scrolls take so much longer. My recruiter said the last batch of scrolls took 5 months. Five whole months of waiting. And then another month and a half of paperwork, comdocs, assignment stuff, all of this had to be completed before COT.

Yeah I don't know why Air Force scrolls take so much longer. My recruiter said the last batch of scrolls took 5 months. Five whole months of waiting. And then another month and a half of paperwork, comdocs, assignment stuff, all of this had to be completed before COT.

Seems that there was a batch approved last week that I was hoping to be in since it's been 5 months but ehh

Seems that there was a batch approved last week that I was hoping to be in since it's been 5 months but ehh

Where did you hear there was a batch last week that got approved? I've been watching the Nominations link on Congress' website but it seems like the only nominations happening are for already existing officers who get promotions from one rank to the next.

Where did you hear there was a batch last week that got approved? I've been watching the Nominations link on Congress' website but it seems like the only nominations happening are for already existing officers who get promotions from one rank to the next.

Well I'm actually not sure. Someone in the air HPSP thread said their scroll was approved last week. I just assumed if he was approved others had to be

Wouldn't you imagine that they'd get all scroll approvals for this cycle done within the next month or so?

Air Force here as well. Awaiting scroll approval since March. School starts in less than a month for me.

Air Force here as well. Awaiting scroll approval since March. School starts in less than a month for me.

I've been looking for an apartment but my bank account keeps suggesting that I start looking for a nice box.

Reactions: 3 users
We should all go march on Washington and see if that works. At this point I am desperate.

Lol for sure. Honestly the only reason I'm anxious is because I'm moving a few states over and not having this all tied up is adding to the trouble of moving.

lol I don't even think marching DC would help our approval. The whole thing is slower than molasses. My recruiter does seem to think that my scroll will approve before August 1st. But who knows, honestly. It could be one month, it could be 6 more.

Question for Fizzle_22 --- You talked about moving... Do you have orders to your first assignment already, even though you have been scrolled and subsequently sworn-in?