Scroll approval where are you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I just talked to my recruiter and he tells me "have you sent me your security clearance paperwork?" knowing damn well I talked to him on June 9th and he said he received it a turned it in. He is a ****ing joke man.

Members don't see this ad.

He said hes moving to England and transferring me to his supervisor to take over from there.
@Armyhealth is it possible for recruiters to submit the commissioning paperwork for applicants before being accepted? He told me in these exact words "We submit it on all new applications even before they've been accepted because the process is so long. Scroll approval takes months to complete. You're still in good shape to commission on time."

Last edited:
Any scroll movement out there? Leaving for school this Friday

-June boards Army

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From your experience, do you think we're looking at days, weeks or months?

I have no idea, I wish I had an answer for you but scrolls are the most frustrating part of my job.....we work hard to make sure you meet the cutoff, get to the board and then no word until a piece of paper is signed. It will get done, that is all I know.

Reactions: 1 users
He said hes moving to England and transferring me to his supervisor to take over from there.
@Armyhealth is it possible for recruiters to submit the commissioning paperwork for applicants before being accepted? He told me in these exact words "We submit it on all new applications even before they've been accepted because the process is so long. Scroll approval takes months to complete. You're still in good shape to commission on time."

Sorry just saw that question, you do have to submit the security clearance paperwork and scroll before you commission because of the time frame so that part is true. However the last thing you sign should be the contract and commission form. Still in time to commission I don't really know what he is talking about....is he saying before you start medical school?

@Medic741 Scroll is back, check your email! @YayPudding I have not seen a by name list so call your recruiter.
Thanks for the update. Specific reason why I'm not included or is it just not my turn yet?

Edit- misread your post, sorry! I'll check in to see if I'm included

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the update. Specific reason why I'm not included or is it just not my turn yet?

Edit- misread your post, sorry! I'll check in to see if I'm included
Were you included?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a message from my recruiter telling me my rank was approved and now just waiting on the appointment memo authorizing commission! Any idea how long that may be? Trying to commission before school starts July 31st.

Got a message from my recruiter telling me my rank was approved and now just waiting on the appointment memo authorizing commission! Any idea how long that may be? Trying to commission before school starts July 31st.

If you are just waiting on the appointment memo that is usually very fast 2-3 days is common, 1 week at the most usually.

I was in the May boards and still didn't get my scroll approved... Help?

I was in the May boards and still didn't get my scroll approved... Help?

May is when they made the change to the policy on how we submit for scrolls. Make sure you scroll was actually submitted because there are packets out there where the policy changed and the recruiter wasn't tracking so no scroll was even submitted.

Last edited:
I'm just curious what the process actually is like. When the scroll is approved does that just mean that the commission was approved?Should the SF86 be done before or after?

If you are just waiting on the appointment memo that is usually very fast 2-3 days is common, 1 week at the most usually.
So once that comes in I can go in, do my commission and swear my oath?

I'm just curious what the process actually is like. When the scroll is approved does that just mean that the commission was approved?Should the SF86 be done before or after?

Yes the scroll means that you are approved by the secretary of defenses office to be commissioned, then we wait for the commission orders to be published by HSD. Once those are in the system we do the commission and contract and all the HPSP enrollment documents. We send those up and the program manager will accept the student into HPSP and send to DFAS so the pay can get started. The SF86 gets an initial screen after commissioning and that person will get a "favorable condition" clearance until the secret clearance is actually done which could take months but does not impact a person being commissioned or enrolled or payed.

Last edited:
Any movement for the Air Force guys? Today marks the start of my third week of medical school and I am still waiting on that scroll.

Has anybody selected for AFHPSP been contacted by anyone at AFIT?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anybody selected for AFHPSP been contacted by anyone at AFIT?

Haven't heard anything from AFIT but it is my understanding that will not be until after I commission. According to my recruiter, he is the getting all the final commissioning paperwork ready and I should commission in the next week or so. I guess my scroll went through?

Hey guys. Anyone for Army hear anything lately?

Finally got word that there was an issue with my scroll and it had to be redone so the wait continues.

Finally got word that there was an issue with my scroll and it had to be redone so the wait continues.

Your Army one was approved already...I know it doesn't count for much but good luck on the Air Force one. The Army has over 40 people on the waitlist now.

Your Army one was approved already...I know it doesn't count for much but good luck on the Air Force one. The Army has over 40 people on the waitlist now.

Lol way to add insult to injury. Somebody called me about the army yesterday actually to ask if I was still interested.

Scroll approved, commissioning soon.

Reactions: 2 users
@Armyhealth I just found this thread and was wondering if you would be able to help me in answering a question about the scrolling process. I am currently AF Reserve and submitted a package to go on active duty as an BSC officer. My recruiter says my scroll was approved but we are still waiting on the board to meet and make their selections for the 3 available slots. Is it normal to be scrolled before the board even meets?