ScrubHunt Locums Physician Job Search

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JM11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scrubhunt.com, A Wage-Transparent Physician Locums Job Search App, will be live in approximately 2 weeks.
Is there anything else you guys would find useful, or like to see built into this application before we go live?

We have made changes based on your previous input, and plan to continue doing this. We are physicians (anesthesiologists to be precise) and feel we understand the pain points present in locum tenens job searching but want to continue building out this community based on what “our people” tell us they want!

Our initial goal was to create a simple yet powerful application to make searching for all types of healthcare jobs transparent and painless. These are the changes we made from feedback from this forum:

1. Scrubhunt will always remain free for physicians without email sign-up required (as well as all types of healthcare workers as we scale). You can still create a profile with a photo, upload your one-click CV if you choose, and manage your job applications, all within the cloud based application. Your information, should you choose to share it, would be visible only to our physician site administrator, and if you apply to a job within our platform, only visible to the job poster. Obviously, you would need to create a free account with your email address if you want to utilize those features, but to browse and see all aspects of a job post including hourly rates, location and contact information, you won’t even need to sign in or submit an email address if that’s your wish. You can communicate within the platform if you want to keep your search consolidated and not clutter your email inbox, or communicate with recruiters/potential employers directly via email outside of the application. We are interested in creating an open-source job searching communication platform, and have no interest in leveraging your personal data. This is what some of you expressed concern over, so we made those changes accordingly. Again, we give anesthesia for a living.
  1. Scrubhunt will now begin with a more niche focus as a wage-transparent, cloud-based market-place for physicians shopping the locums market. We will scale to accommodate all types of healthcare professionals, seeking all types of jobs, but first want to get things right in a niche we understand. We will initially focus on building traction within the specialty of anesthesiology (@jwk ! AA’s (and CRNA’s) are already built into the application but will launch under ‘allied health professionals,’ and ‘Advanced Practice Nurses,’ respectively, shortly after our initial launch). While we develop early traction with locums physicians, the specialties we will focus on are: emergency medicine, critical care, internal medicine/family practice and radiology, but all physician specialties will be represented from the start.

As a final point, we believe the problem is not with third-party recruitment as a general practice, but rather the lack of transparency that accompanies the challenges within ineffective cold outreach present in the recruiting status quo, so we made some changes that we think make sense for physicians and recruiters: Recruiters will have just as much access to the forum as any direct employer, but to post an opportunity, transparent wages and location must be visible-this, in exchange for a captive physician audience, actually seeking locums work, all in one place. The hope is a mutually beneficial arrangement. We built into our workflow, a design that incentivizes higher upfront wage advertisement with the belief that competitive rates speak for themselves - we expect that wage transparency on the platform will encourage wage competition for increased job visibility.

Super excited to see how many users have already signed up to our email list to follow along and take part in a new empowering way for healthcare professionals to search for work in a way that finally makes sense. Will post again here once we are live!
All the best,
JM

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In my browser (safari), site looks exactly the same as the last time you posted even after refreshing. There are no changes to the site that I could discern and the site has zero functionality before email collection which I will not provide. There is no live “search jobs” link, only a link to enter an email address. Not willing to “sign up” before seeing the goods.

Secondly, I do believe 3rd party recruiters are a structural problem in healthcare. They exist solely to skim the “spread” between what a direct employer is willing to pay and what an employee is willing to accept. It is in the best interest of the employer and employee for that spread to be $0.
Got it. Thanks, @nimbus . I suppose I should have mentioned this is still the landing page. The application is not yet live. I probably should have mentioned explicitly that I'm referring to the changes that I outlined in my text post. Fair enough though, your point is valid. In response to your second point, I posted in the locums thread of the club forum in response to your valid point. Thank you for this feedback.
JM

Scrubhunt.com, A Wage-Transparent Physician Locums Job Search App, will be live in approximately 2 weeks.
Is there anything else you guys would find useful, or like to see built into this application before we go live?

We have made changes based on your previous input, and plan to continue doing this. We are physicians (anesthesiologists to be precise) and feel we understand the pain points present in locum tenens job searching but want to continue building out this community based on what “our people” tell us they want!

Our initial goal was to create a simple yet powerful application to make searching for all types of healthcare jobs transparent and painless. These are the changes we made from feedback from this forum:

1. Scrubhunt will always remain free for physicians without email sign-up required (as well as all types of healthcare workers as we scale). You can still create a profile with a photo, upload your one-click CV if you choose, and manage your job applications, all within the cloud based application. Your information, should you choose to share it, would be visible only to our physician site administrator, and if you apply to a job within our platform, only visible to the job poster. Obviously, you would need to create a free account with your email address if you want to utilize those features, but to browse and see all aspects of a job post including hourly rates, location and contact information, you won’t even need to sign in or submit an email address if that’s your wish. You can communicate within the platform if you want to keep your search consolidated and not clutter your email inbox, or communicate with recruiters/potential employers directly via email outside of the application. We are interested in creating an open-source job searching communication platform, and have no interest in leveraging your personal data. This is what some of you expressed concern over, so we made those changes accordingly. Again, we give anesthesia for a living.
  2. Scrubhunt will now begin with a more niche focus as a wage-transparent, cloud-based market-place for physicians shopping the locums market. We will scale to accommodate all types of healthcare professionals, seeking all types of jobs, but first want to get things right in a niche we understand. We will initially focus on building traction within the specialty of anesthesiology (@jwk ! AA’s (and CRNA’s) are already built into the application but will launch under ‘allied health professionals,’ and ‘Advanced Practice Nurses,’ respectively, shortly after our initial launch). While we develop early traction with locums physicians, the specialties we will focus on are: emergency medicine, critical care, internal medicine/family practice and radiology, but all physician specialties will be represented from the start.

As a final point, we believe the problem is not with third-party recruitment as a general practice, but rather the lack of transparency that accompanies the challenges within ineffective cold outreach present in the recruiting status quo, so we made some changes that we think make sense for physicians and recruiters: Recruiters will have just as much access to the forum as any direct employer, but to post an opportunity, transparent wages and location must be visible-this, in exchange for a captive physician audience, actually seeking locums work, all in one place. The hope is a mutually beneficial arrangement. We built into our workflow, a design that incentivizes higher upfront wage advertisement with the belief that competitive rates speak for themselves - we expect that wage transparency on the platform will encourage wage competition for increased job visibility.

Super excited to see how many users have already signed up to our email list to follow along and take part in a new empowering way for healthcare professionals to search for work in a way that finally makes sense. Will post again here once we are live!
All the best,
JM

You wrote a lengthy sales pitch but the site is unchanged from the last time you posted.

In my browser (safari), there are no changes to the site that I could discern and the site continues to have zero functionality before email collection which I will not provide. There is no live “search jobs” link, only a link to enter an email address. Not willing to “sign up” before seeing the goods.

Secondly, I do believe 3rd party recruiters are a structural problem in healthcare. They exist solely to skim the “spread” between what a direct employer is willing to pay and what an employee is willing to accept. Transparency is at odds with their mission, they thrive on opacity. It is in the best interest of the employer, physicians, and our patients for that spread to be $0.

This thread/your posts smell like spam.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
@nimbus I see you simply added a few comments to your otherwise identical post, which I replied to. To clear up any confusion or misrepresentation:

1) The initial post about scrubhunt and wage transparency was during an earlier time in product development where we were exploring "freemium" service with a different set of features. Based on (constructive) feedback, we ditched the freemium model and decided to simply make the product free for physicians and any healthcare users- as described in the original post.

2) Previously we were focused on servicing all types of health care professionals for all types of jobs (FT/PT/PD), we have narrowed to locum tenens physicians work, as described above, for the time being as we scale; this from constructive feedback from SDN as well.

3) Originally the product required email registration for full feature utilization. People here did not like that, so we made it functional for those who do not want to provide their email address. I do not like providing my email address to non-trusted sites either, and we are new, so this was understandable; again-from feedback here.

So in my post above, I intended to convey that based on some feedback, from here, that we made some changes. Before going live, figured I'd see if there were any other suggestions, because I believe the original feedback was valuable. We're trying to build something useful for physicians and ultimately all healthcare workers, and its free, regarding your suggestion of spam. In seeking feedback, sure, we'd like to create awareness of a product that virtually no one knows about. I also responded in the private club section to your 0 spread remark. Apologies if this feels like spam to you-its definitely not the intention. Either way, your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks,
JM