SDN Bracketology Challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
alright, this is the last time i'm bumping before tip off. we got less than 4 hours away. sign up now! :) i think is gonna be hellla fun. too bad i have to teaching during some of the games. lol. oh well. goooooo KENTUCKY

Members don't see this ad.

I am making the official prediction that my predictions will be better than everyone else's predictions.

GO HEELS

AMEN YAHERD>>>>UNC >>>ALL THE WAY>>>>>>>>>>>12:00 Tipoffs...LET"S GO BABY as Dicky V would say

Members don't see this ad :)
No way! I got NC losing to Florida (like Hansel, they're so hot right now) who loses to Uconn who loses to Illinois in the championship!
I was just going over my picks to make any last minute changes but I think I'm sticking with my original bracket.

4 games complete and already 2 upsets......this will be a sweet march!!

Bigsheed920 said:
4 games complete and already 2 upsets......this will be a sweet march!!

Just one upset so far! I'm sure there will be many more.

evajaclynn said:
whoops didnt realize pittsburg was the lower seed

evajaclynn said:

Evajaclynn... I see Bucky upsetting your jayhawks next round :smuggrin:

dbutz02 said:
Evajaclynn... I see Bucky upsetting your jayhawks next round :smuggrin:

Whoa - hello! I was trying to stay out of the **** talking on other teams, but I see that it can't be avoided. However, dbutz, since I'm going out to celebrate my birthday tomorrow night, I'm sure that the Jayhawks will help get my party started with a BIG WIN! :) :thumbup:

Ugh! Pitt AND Alabama lost!

what kinda name is BOGUT anyway....

evajaclynn said:
Whoa - hello! I was trying to stay out of the **** talking on other teams, but I see that it can't be avoided. However, dbutz, since I'm going out to celebrate my birthday tomorrow night, I'm sure that the Jayhawks will help get my party started with a BIG WIN! :) :thumbup:

Well Happy Birthday. if it's any consolation my roommate has them winning the entire thing. :eek:

I thought it'd be fun to heat things up a little bit...and with a little luck who knows. :luck:

virilep said:
what kinda name is BOGUT anyway....

Does anyone else agree with me that Bogut is the ugliest player in the NCAA? He's a great athlete, but MAN is he UGLY!

Members don't see this ad :)
dbutz02 said:
Well Happy Birthday. if it's any consolation my roommate has them winning the entire thing. :eek:

I thought it'd be fun to heat things up a little bit...and with a little luck who knows. :luck:

Thanks dbutz! :) Its gonna take a lot of luck for us to when it all, but I'd love it if it happened. My bracket's getting pretty screwed up already anyways - I picked some upsets that didn't happen (though I did pick one that did - bye, bye Alabama)!!!!

USUaggie said:
Does anyone else agree with me that Bogut is the ugliest player in the NCAA? He's a great athlete, but MAN is he UGLY!
bogut = butt ugly.

anyhow... yeah, alabama i had getting beat by IL... so that's screwed. the viewings are gonna be pretty nice so we can see how we each did. i wanna see the leader.. who the hell would pick AL getting beat???

virilep said:
bogut = butt ugly.

anyhow... yeah, alabama i had getting beat by IL... so that's screwed. the viewings are gonna be pretty nice so we can see how we each did. i wanna see the leader.. who the hell would pick AL getting beat???

I picked UWM to win! They have been playing fairly good bball in the tourney when they get in, but this time they finally won the first round game.

And when is Yahoo! Sports going to give us rankings for our group?

evajaclynn said:
me! a 12 always beats a 5.

Me too.
My bracket is still perfect...if I last another 12 hours I'll be surprised though :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: Happy St. Patty's Day :luck:

I think that I had UPitt pulling off some bigtime upsets to go to the Final 4. UPitt SOM showed me some love so I thought I'd show them some love right back. Oops.

Well, at least I have like 5 other brackets floating around out there in cyberspace.

Go UW-milwaukee!

shantster said:
I picked UWM to win! They have been playing fairly good bball in the tourney when they get in, but this time they finally won the first round game.

And when is Yahoo! Sports going to give us rankings for our group?
i think daily.

virilep said:
i think daily.

Oh ok.. I was thinking that whenever a game finished, it would update the rankings.

tommerbommer said:
I think that I had UPitt pulling off some bigtime upsets to go to the Final 4. UPitt SOM showed me some love so I thought I'd show them some love right back. Oops.

Well, at least I have like 5 other brackets floating around out there in cyberspace.

Go UW-milwaukee!

Yeah, Pitt let me down big time :mad: . They were my sleeper pick for the tourney.

i believe it updates after each round; it would thus update tomorrow

yay, im 7/8 (got UWM, missed on pitt), but im not gonna count my chickens before they hatch

shantster said:
Yeah, Pitt let me down big time :mad: . They were my sleeper pick for the tourney.
I felt like they were good enough to beat any team at any time but also inconsistent enough to lose in the first round. I guess the latter team showed up for the tourney.

Plus, I got a thing for the Big East.

tommerbommer said:
I felt like they were good enough to beat any team at any time but also inconsistent enough to lose in the first round. I guess the latter team showed up for the tourney.

Plus, I got a thing for the Big East.

UCLA is the sleeper. Watch em "hook" Texas Tech tonight!

Crete said:

I know I will be! I didn't pick them to win the second round, though, especially if they have to play Gonzaga.

Crete said:
my "sleeper" was alabama... yea... oh well. we got one person on top. we'll see when the round is over.

Is "sleeper" the same as "Cinderella" team? I just want to get my terms straight. :D

I think a sleeper and a Cinderella are quite similar...both do unexpectedly well. Anyone have a more descriptive definition???

Well...my first round didn't go great...But no big damage because the couple of "misses" I had will be gone second round anyway.

...Friday, 2:50ish Eastern time, ....GO HEELS

Crete said:

Sleeper as in they'll be sleeping for the rest of March....

Dang! Y'all see the aggies 1st half against Arizona? That was sweet. I don't know what happened after that. I mean I know what happened but I don't know why, you know what I mean. I went 12/16 for the day.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KitesurfDaEarth said:
Sleeper as in they'll be sleeping for the rest of March....

:idea: *Hand in pockets.*

DAMN Farmar. Anyone notice when he takes shots rather than setting them up UCLA loses?

UCLAstudent said:
Yeah, really. They were so close through most of the game! :(

It was a close one - great game. There was a point during the third round of games yesterday where the underdogs in all 4 games were winning - it was crazy. Then of course, Wake Forest, Illinois, etc. all recovered - but what if they had lost?! Makes you realize that anything can happen - that's why I love March Madness!

This is the last time I stick by the overrated SEC..Kentucky is my team but come on..what happened to LSU and Alabama?

It's not updating my points... :confused:
whatever I have 15 pts and no serious damage.
sdn is slow right now I'm out. :mad:

ramblinwreckie said:
what are the lobos doing?! nova is not this good.

Nova is that good, and they're one of the hottest teams right now, they should've beaten WVU and could've won the Big East tourney I think. They beat Kansas by 21 and were leading by like 32 at one point. If they weren't to meet up with UNC in the sweet 16 I would've had them going to the final 4.

They've got a really, really suffocating D. They can shut any team down when they're on their game.

On Wisconsin!!

I had to get out the dictionary - a catamount is the same as a cougar in America or a leopard or jaguar in Europe. Go Catamounts! Anyone have them?

Haybrant said:
ummm, i had syracuse going to the final four; im done...
SarahCuse... where you at? but i can't really talk... Louisville escaped by the hair of their chinny chin chin. but I do think that Louisville plays one of the best last 5 minutes of basketball there is. I think a lot of people got messed up by the syracuse ordeal. they were so hot... back to the games! holla~

It was a bad idea putting all of my confidence in the Big 12......at least my OSU Cowboys are still in it.....

Texas and Kansas on the other hand......

evajaclynn said:
It was a close one - great game. There was a point during the third round of games yesterday where the underdogs in all 4 games were winning - it was crazy. Then of course, Wake Forest, Illinois, etc. all recovered - but what if they had lost?! Makes you realize that anything can happen - that's why I love March Madness!

So do you still love it?

Ugh. Today was a big day of upsets! I am still in shock over Syracuse and Kansas.

AAHH..Syracuse and Kansas what is that all about...Evajaclyn your boys let you down on your bday..

One plus is that it will make it easier on my farm boys to get to the sweet sixteen.