SDN Bracketology Challenge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCLAstudent said:
Ugh. Today was a big day of upsets! I am still in shock over Syracuse and Kansas.

I was surprised by the Syracuse loss, but not the Kansas loss. Haha, Kansas - what a team!!!

Members don't see this ad.

OSUdoc08 said:
So do you still love it?

:( I'm in shock. What a crappy birthday. I know you all think its fun to **** talk on the Jayhawks, but they're our team, and we love 'em. We'll be back.

evajaclynn said:
:( I'm in shock. What a crappy birthday. I know you all think its fun to **** talk on the Jayhawks, but they're our team, and we love 'em. We'll be back.
hey, you still have 4 years. I just didn't like all the hype ESPN has for Rice. I'm always rooting for the "underdog".... lol, but i mean, i wasn't rooting for bucknell. lol. but today's games should determine more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Booyakasha 28
dbutz02 27
CowsGoMoo 27
FlySU 27
rbfiji13 26
bjackrian 26
VirileP 26
Kill Whitey! 26
OSU Cowboys BABY 25
ramblinwreckie 25
Kevokie 25
ya herd 25
Bigsheed920 25
SarahCUSE 25
The Toolbags 25
kazema_f 25
mikey13 25
MiaFLSurf's Pingas 25
SDNstud 25
PhotoMD 25
gdubb 25
yaldekab 25
vhawk01 25
phleebie 25
chitown82 25
Haybrant 25
Evajaclynn's bracket 24
UCLA_student 24
PERFECT3435 24
canttouchthis 24
kcbound23 24
shantster 24
These Little Guys 24
clstar22 24
slamma jamma 24
VPDcurt 24
ornis4 24
Daysleeprx 24
SUPER ZOT 24
slamma jamma 24
We Got The Funk 24
Code Brown 24
Ben 24
taylor coppenrath killed me 24
CrimsonCash 23
LauraMac 23
Twicetenturns 23
swishajaja 23
Bright Star 23
CU_All_The_Way_2005 23
Drop it like its HOT 23
LittlePanda 23
theeleganttouch 23
kdaven15 23
derf 23
USUaggie 23
Vitruvian Man 23
Dear Dog 23
tommerbommer 23
SBruin2007 22
yzia 22
Awara No. 1 22
Ill-E-Nee 22
Macginnis22 22
samboo 22
RipVanWinkle 22
Jennifer25 22
morning 22
DrYo12 21
ghostofweber'smom 21
leverp2000 21
Urinal Cakes 21
March Madness Baby 21
sunUCB 21
johnkimble 21
Archerm2 20
jmeyers52 20

Miss. State beat Stanford :smuggrin:

Now we have to play Duke. :scared:

Gonzaga lost and Oklahoma is about to lose. Wow. I would have had better luck if I had just picked all of the lower-seeded teams. :D

Jeez, all of these #3's losing are really killing me. I had Oklahoma and Gonzaga going both going to the Elite 8. Arizona better pull through ...

leverp2000 said:
Jeez, all of these #3's losing are really killing me. I had Oklahoma and Gonzaga going both going to the Elite 8. Arizona better pull through ...
BC.....good thing for me! I had alabama. man, this year's bracketology is crazy

Stupid Boston College! Lol. At least Arizona won ...

Go WVU! Need them to win to salvage part of my Albuquerque bracket. Gonzaga losing really screwed me over.

Members don't see this ad :)
LionKing said:
HAHA! I'll refer you to a post Pleebie wrote on January 12th:

"pittsburgh lost to bucknell (whoever they are),"

Know who they are now? I gotta thank you though, because its become the most ironic post I've ever seen on here!
very ironic indeed, i must admit. however, in my defense, i am guilty of nothing but showing support for my own school. it wouldn't matter if KU goes winless for eternity--i will always be a faithful and proud supporter of the University of Kansas and its affiliated sports teams.

The beauty of college athletics is that each off-season is a new beginning: familiar faces are replaced by new ones eager to make their mark. Players and coaches may come and go, but the Program itself lives on. In the words of a great, wise man, "There's always next season...."

ROCKCHALK JAYHAWK

What does rockchalk Jayhawk mean?

My mom had both UW-Milaukee wins in her bracket! Ha!

virilep said:
hey, you still have 4 years. I just didn't like all the hype ESPN has for Rice. I'm always rooting for the "underdog".... lol, but i mean, i wasn't rooting for bucknell. lol. but today's games should determine more.

I've got a lot more than 4 more years to cheer for KU basketball - I was a huge fan before going to KU and I'll be a fan when I'm gone. ;)

After last night, everyone's brackets must be sooo screwed up!!!

Kazema said:
Go WVU! Need them to win to salvage part of my Albuquerque bracket. Gonzaga losing really screwed me over.

Come on, after you said:

Kazema said:
I mean, Villanova and WVU could really surprise a lot of people. I could totally see WVU beating Wake Forest and Gonzaga.

Well, at least UConn losing opens up the bracket for Wisconsin. I just need Florida to beat Villanova, but that doesn't look like its happening.

leverp2000 said:
Well, at least UConn losing opens up the bracket for Wisconsin. I just need Florida to beat Villanova, but that doesn't look like its happening.

Phew, Florida is coming back, maybe they'll take it.

GOOOOOOOO LOUISVILLE. I'm in nashville and I can't even go see the game. argh. beer and the couch with buddies. let's do it. no more tech.

Southpaw said:
Haha, UConn - what a team!!!

Ahh yes, embarassing to say the least. A very sad day in CT. I have never seen a UConn team play with so little heart and a lack of enthusiasm. It was disgusting. In a strange way, I am glad that they lost for two reasons. First, I think they needed to learn a damn lesson. They were running around like idiots out there and Marcus Williams was the only one trying at all. Second, I don't think any players are going to the NBA after that performance. There was a lot of talk about Rudy Gay, Charlie V, and Josh Boone going in the first round of the draft. That won't happen now. With no seniors on the starting 5 this year (1 freshman, 2 sophs, and 2 juniors), UConn should be a good team next year (top 10). It was the worst game I have seen since they played Syracuse in the Big East tourney. Absolutely vile - there is no excuse for that kind of nonsense. I can't complain too much though - 2 national championships in 6 years gives me a grace period of 7 years during which I am not allowed to be pissed off at my team (according to a friend at least).

leverp2000 said:

Wisconsin got lucky with the NC State win. It would be nice if Villanova could pull off the miracle upset against North Carolina, but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.

After the wake forest loss.....it's safe to say my bracket is BUSTED! I had syarcuse and wake in the final four..... Hopefully UNC and Illinois will come through for me.

VPDcurt said:
Ahh yes, embarassing to say the least. A very sad day in CT. I have never seen a UConn team play with so little heart and a lack of enthusiasm. It was disgusting. In a strange way, I am glad that they lost for two reasons. First, I think they needed to learn a damn lesson. They were running around like idiots out there and Marcus Williams was the only one trying at all. Second, I don't think any players are going to the NBA after that performance. There was a lot of talk about Rudy Gay, Charlie V, and Josh Boone going in the first round of the draft. That won't happen now. With no seniors on the starting 5 this year (1 freshman, 2 sophs, and 2 juniors), UConn should be a good team next year (top 10). It was the worst game I have seen since they played Syracuse in the Big East tourney. Absolutely vile - there is no excuse for that kind of nonsense. I can't complain too much though - 2 national championships in 6 years gives me a grace period of 7 years during which I am not allowed to be pissed off at my team (according to a friend at least).

It was embarassing, and brought back a feeling we UConn fans haven't really had for a long time. Until today, what was Calhoun? 13-0 in the first round and 10-2 in the second? Too many things went wrong with this team this year, and it culminated in a horrid last 4 games of the year. Charlie's defense down the stretch was just ridiculous...and I'll say this: Rudy Gay and Charlie may be solid NBA players someday, but if either of them leave this year they are committing career suicide. Rudy is too skinny and not assertive/polished enough, and Charlie just doesn't play defense or recognize the need for fundamentals over highlights consistently.

That being said, this game definitely proved the need for guards in college basketball. When your point guard turns the ball over seemingly every other possession, and you essentially have no functional shooting guard, you're most likely not going to win an important college basketball game. Marcus Williams is special, but he has to take better care of the ball. Rashad Anderson gets a pass, Denham Brown has a busted knee too and just hasn't been the same. Very strange to see a UConn team with no shooting guard, and you see the results.

Still...when you look at next year, they shouldn't lose anybody, they bring in another 7 footer, AJ Price will give backcourt depth, and hopefully the shooting guards will be healthy....and no one will have any brushes with death! They'll be one of the top teams next year, but this was an extremely disappointing way to end this one.

I won't say anything bad about Kansas, or any other school for that matter...but c'mon, it's pretty hard to get on UConn and their fans at this point. They've been one of the preeminent teams for the past decade, and one known for getting it done when it counts...but this just wasn't one of those years. Sickens me to lose to a guy like Hodge though...

"Get ready to score a career low"--Julius Hodge, to UConn's Caron Butler in the 2002 NCAA tournament, before Butler scored a career high 34 points in UConn's win

Whoa, I have no idea how I jumped so much in the SDN rankings. I used to be in 14th place. :D

Bigsheed920 said:
After the wake forest loss.....it's safe to say my bracket is BUSTED! I had syarcuse and wake in the final four..... Hopefully UNC and Illinois will come through for me.
I think a lot of people are busted... but our only hope is that other people are more busted. my final 4 is still in there..

UCLAstudent said:
Whoa, I have no idea how I jumped so much in the SDN rankings. I used to be in 14th place. :D

Yeah I was surprised to see myself as high as I am...although no one ahead of me appears to have the OK St.-UNC final that I predicted, which combined with my Louisville final four pick still technically gives me a chance....
after the first day was so boring, things really did get weird in a hurry....

Yeah, I'm not doing great, but my final 4 is still there. If Arizona manages to win it all, then I should be set, cause thats 48 pts that no one above me will have.

Correction, 32 pts, cause someone has Arizona in the finals.

dbutz02 49
chitown82 47
phleebie 45
shantster 44
bjackrian 44
UCLA_student 44
Booyakasha 44
Ben 44
The Toolbags 43
ya herd 43
PhotoMD 43
kazema_f 43
CowsGoMoo 43
CrimsonCash 43
ramblinwreckie 43
USUaggie 43
vhawk01 43
Evajaclynn's bracket 42
ornis4 42
slamma jamma 42
VirileP 42
canttouchthis 42
clstar22 42
slamma jamma 42
Kill Whitey! 42
Code Brown 42
MiaFLSurf's Pingas 41
Kevokie 41
gdubb 41
SarahCUSE 41
OSU Cowboys BABY 41
Bigsheed920 41
SDNstud 41
yaldekab 41
Vitruvian Man 41
kdaven15 41
theeleganttouch 41
Haybrant 41
Awara No. 1 40
VPDcurt 40
These Little Guys 40
Ill-E-Nee 40
rbfiji13 40
Daysleeprx 40
taylor coppenrath killed me 40
FlySU 39
twicetenturns 39
Drop it like its HOT 39
derf 39
sunUCB 39
PERFECT3435 38
samboo 38
SBruin2007 38
Macginnis22 38
SUPER ZOT 38
morning 38
jmeyers52 38
We Got The Funk (next year) 38
leverp2000 37
LauraMac 37
Bright Star 37
swishajaja 37
mikey13 37
LittlePanda 37
tommerbommer 37
CU_All_The_Way_2005 37
johnkimble 37
Dear Dog 37
yzia 36
ghostofweber'smom=ncaatitle 35
Urinal Cakes 35
March Madness Baby 35
Archerm2 34
kcbound23 34
RipVanWinkle 34
Jennifer25 32
DrYo12 21

I have no clue how I'm in third place right now--I tossed my bracket in the trash after the first round!

How does the scoring work? I've picked 33 wins but my score is 43.

phleebie said:
I have no clue how I'm in third place right now--I tossed my bracket in the trash after the first round!

I know. After Wake lost, I lost two of my final four teams (the other was Syracuse) and I'm in fourth right now. The bad part is that the games from here on out are worth more points so I should be going down in the next few rounds.

shantster said:
I know. After Wake lost, I lost two of my final four teams (the other was Syracuse) and I'm in fourth right now. The bad part is that the games from here on out are worth more points so I should be going down in the next few rounds.
that's what i'm holdin onto... my final 4 is still in it.

virilep said:
dbutz02 49
chitown82 47
phleebie 45
shantster 44
bjackrian 44
UCLA_student 44
Booyakasha 44
Ben 44
The Toolbags 43
ya herd 43
PhotoMD 43
kazema_f 43
CowsGoMoo 43
CrimsonCash 43
ramblinwreckie 43
USUaggie 43
vhawk01 43
Evajaclynn's bracket 42
ornis4 42
slamma jamma 42
VirileP 42
canttouchthis 42
clstar22 42
slamma jamma 42
Kill Whitey! 42
Code Brown 42
MiaFLSurf's Pingas 41
Kevokie 41
gdubb 41
SarahCUSE 41
OSU Cowboys BABY 41
Bigsheed920 41
SDNstud 41
yaldekab 41
Vitruvian Man 41
kdaven15 41
theeleganttouch 41
Haybrant 41
Awara No. 1 40
VPDcurt 40
These Little Guys 40
Ill-E-Nee 40
rbfiji13 40
Daysleeprx 40
taylor coppenrath killed me 40
FlySU 39
twicetenturns 39
Drop it like its HOT 39
derf 39
sunUCB 39
PERFECT3435 38
samboo 38
SBruin2007 38
Macginnis22 38
SUPER ZOT 38
morning 38
jmeyers52 38
We Got The Funk (next year) 38
leverp2000 37
LauraMac 37
Bright Star 37
swishajaja 37
mikey13 37
LittlePanda 37
tommerbommer 37
CU_All_The_Way_2005 37
johnkimble 37
Dear Dog 37
yzia 36
ghostofweber'smom=ncaatitle 35
Urinal Cakes 35
March Madness Baby 35
Archerm2 34
kcbound23 34
RipVanWinkle 34
Jennifer25 32
DrYo12 21

HELL YEA! go ILLINOIS! :thumbup:

shantster said:
The bad part is that the games from here on out are worth more points so I should be going down in the next few rounds.

yeah, i figure i'll begin my descent down the list once the sweet 16 games start.

I've been in steamboat for the last week and haven't been able to keep up on things but apparently I'm winning :) I doubt that will last long. But two wisconsin teams are in the sweet sixteen and that's something to celebrate ...just imagine all the beer that's going to be drunk over the next few days :D
PS. Milwaukee doesn't stand a chance (I hope) :smuggrin:

you knew this was coming... GOOOO LOUISVILLE!!!!

I'm so stoked right now. HELLLZ YEAH

spankin That Asssssss!!!!

Alright, I need UNC to win it all with the score of 89-83 :laugh:.

Duke F-D me...Illini needs to take it all down.