SDN Meet-Up at SIS August 18-21 2021 Washington DC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score

If you thought that shots at Spearmint Rhino at NANS were fun, hold on tight! This is going to be "wheels-up, mask-off, party to the break of dawn" in the Nation's Capitol. The expense accounts are open and so are you! Learn from the finest and enjoy enthralling interactions with industry partners, KOL's, and specialty influencers.

Tell the spouse it's mandatory CME and remember, what happens in DC, stays in DC!

Members don't see this ad.

you had me interested until: enjoy enthralling interactions with industry partners, KOL's, and specialty influencers.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
you had me interested until: enjoy enthralling interactions with industry partners, KOL's, and specialty influencers.

Do you want to walk over with me to Cato Institute off K street and meet with some of their health policy analysts and lobbyists on developing strategies to reduce government interference in health care?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I picked the wrong week to take vacation. should have checked this first, doh.

i want to spend my time with scientists and researchers in determining best treatment from a clinical standpoint, not those with any conflict of interest one way or other.

no policy analysts.

and no salesmen.

i want to spend my time with scientists and researchers in determining best treatment from a clinical standpoint, not those with any conflict of interest one way or other.

no policy analysts.

and no salesmen.

...but scientists and researchers don't ACTUALLY make policy...if you want to get anything done, you've got to go to the politicians and bean counters...

Scientists and researchers have a great deal of conflict of interest unfortunately. At least with financial ones things are clearly stated.

Scientists and researchers have a great deal of conflict of interest unfortunately. At least with financial ones things are clearly stated.
maybe. but they are ethically obligated to reveal their conflict of interest. not so with salesmen and policy makers.

unfortunately those with financial interest are only interested in selling their product and are more than willing to compromise their ethics and portray misleading and sometimes false evidence to get someone to buy their product. and people - patients - get hurt.

long and short - I don't want to hang out with snake oil salesmen.

maybe. but they are ethically obligated to reveal their conflict of interest. not so with salesmen and policy makers.

unfortunately those with financial interest are only interested in selling their product and are more than willing to compromise their ethics and portray misleading and sometimes false evidence to get someone to buy their product. and people - patients - get hurt.

long and short - I don't want to hang out with snake oil salesmen.
But please let drusso come to dinner just this once.

2022 meeting in vancouver.

that could have some legs.....

I was recently up there. The place has been overrun by dirty hippies.
1623167356498.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy crap.

I'm not going to SIS - but I will be in DC by my lonesome that weekend looking for something to do. I'm down for a meet up if you guys don't kick me in the balls for all the stupid stuff I say on here all the time.

Reactions: 1 user
Landing at 6. At hotel by 7. Skipping president’s reception. I can hop on a treadmill for a 10k or meet at bar.
Treadmill? You are in DC. Run the mall.

Have to go at night or better yet, forst thing in the a.m.

Summer running in dc is not easy

Landing at 6. At hotel by 7. Skipping president’s reception. I can hop on a treadmill for a 10k or meet at bar.
Choosing between run or bar?

Run to the bar, just don't sit by me!

13.1 at 9:05

meeting @drusso after showering.
Who else is here?
SDN meet and greet.
I'm in Rockville doing some Reserve time. Give me more time to take a train to the meetup

Just got a lecture from this guy. He was present when Kennedy got shot and was at the swearing in of Pres Johnson. He had some great stories.

Attachments

• 0A7063A2-0EAD-4157-925F-972A78F0E50E.jpeg
    0A7063A2-0EAD-4157-925F-972A78F0E50E.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 59