SDN Pharmacy Students AIM Meetups! (REMINDER: there is one Wednesday 3/9!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Regulars, please PM me your AIM username and you will be invited in at 7/10. This can be forum related or general, depending on what you want.

Everyone else who wished to engage in chat, PM me and you'll be invited in at 7:30/10:30.

I hope to see you there!

(Yes, we'll do this again for those who can't make it tonight.)

- Anna 🙂
 
bananaface said:
Regulars, please PM me your AIM username and you will be invited in at 7/10. This can be forum related or general, depending on what you want.

Everyone else who wished to engage in chat, PM me and you'll be invited in at 7:30/10:30.

I hope to see you there!

(Yes, we'll do this again for those who can't make it tonight.)

- Anna 🙂

I SO need more notice. 😉
 
Sorry I missed it, just came back from Reno. How was turnout? You might want to pick a date at least a week ahead of time for some of us too busy to check on the forum on a daily basis. At least now I will know to pay more attention to the sticky 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
evening and i like the friday/saturday idea too... but then again i'm mainly boring and sit at home a lot
 
Fridays and Saturdays are the only days we won't have someone with an exam the next day. We can also do a weekday for those who work weekend evenings or would just rather come then.

How about we try these dates:

Friday, March 4th at 6PST/9EST
and
Wednesday, March 9th 6PST/9EST

I wanted to have people PM me so that I could correlate their SDN account to their IM account. One of the really annoying things about SDN chat is that no one really knows who is who. I don't think we really want people trolling our chat. But, if I know your AIM username already, or your AIM username is attached to your SDN account, you can just IM me at the beginning of chat and I can invite you in.

I would like to set it up so that the regulars can get to know each other better, in a relaxed atmosphere. Do you all feel comfortable inviting in everyone at the beginning, or would you rather keep it to the "old school" users for the first half an hour? Or, we could do an "old school pre-meet" and that way not offend people by telling them they can't come in right away.
 
bananaface said:
Fridays and Saturdays are the only days we won't have someone with an exam the next day. We can also do a weekday for those who work weekend evenings or would just rather come then.

How about we try these dates:

Friday, March 4th at 6PST/9EST
and
Wednesday, March 9th 6PST/9EST.

I can do those dates, but not those times. I get home from work around 10pm EST.
 
times work for me but expect me on friday... i'll have to check TV programming for the wed one....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity... do the majority of prepharm people see this thing since its posted over here? i would ASSUME that most would check both forums as i do.. but do they?
 
bbmuffin said:
Out of curiosity... do the majority of prepharm people see this thing since its posted over here? i would ASSUME that most would check both forums as i do.. but do they?
They probably don't, unless they are regulars. I wanted to just start with the regulars and then go from there. But for Wed we can definitely post a note over there.
 
bananaface said:
We had 8 people in chat last night. We will be doing it again next Wednesday.

Do we want to also put a note about this in pre-pharmacy? What's the feeling on that?
as long as it doesn't turn into ..... how good are my chances....
 
oh... it will.

How good are my chances of getting into UK again?
 
I was thinking of swimming... How long to you think it will take me with a GPA of -1.5?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad