SDSU PPVM c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMLJT3

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I am starting this thread for the SDSU PPVM 2+2 program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have good advice for interviewing here or have good resources for their format? Received interview invite, and this is one of my top choices. Thanks!

Just got an email with my interview date and time.

They have some information regarding the interview type linked on the email. It's a behavioral interview just like Minnesota uses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email with my interview date and time.

They have some information regarding the interview type linked on the email. It's a behavioral interview just like Minnesota uses.

Same here, just saw all that information. Good luck!

When are you guys interviewing? I feel like I got the only date and time that doesn’t work for me. The joys of having a crazy schedule lol
I got this Thursday the 26th at 2pm cst. I’d put down I was available afternoons all but two days I had appointments. Being on the west coast I didn’t want a 6am my time interview. 😅

I got this Thursday the 26th at 2pm cst. I’d put down I was available afternoons all but two days I had appointments. Being on the west coast I didn’t want a 6am my time interview. 😅
Do you happen to know how they organize the interviews? Like do they do it by last name or GPA? My last name starts with a G but my interview is next thursday :/

Do you happen to know how they organize the interviews? Like do they do it by last name or GPA? My last name starts with a G but my interview is next thursday :/
No clue but would be interesting to find out, I would also like to know how many people they are granting interviews with such a small class. Last statistics posted from Class of 2025 only showed number of applicants IS/OOS.

No clue but would be interesting to find out, I would also like to know how many people they are granting interviews with such a small class. Last statistics posted from Class of 2025 only showed number of applicants IS/OOS.
I am curious as well! I had my interview today, but I responded quickly to the interview invite. I only put that I was available on Saturdays all day, but they scheduled my interview for today. I think this may be the first day of interviews too. I can’t imagine they are interviewing many applicants though for so few of seats. I am also curious to know how many applicants they receive this year? It has been on the rejection status update emails the last two cycles I applied. Does anyone know?

I am curious as well! I had my interview today, but I responded quickly to the interview invite. I only put that I was available on Saturdays all day, but they scheduled my interview for today. I think this may be the first day of interviews too. I can’t imagine they are interviewing many applicants though for so few of seats. I am also curious to know how many applicants they receive this year? It has been on the rejection status update emails the last two cycles I applied. Does anyone know?
How did it go?? Also were the amount of applicants last year (Class of 2026) similar to Class of 2025 on their website, and did it by chance include GPA averages with your previous rejection email?

How did it go?? Also were the amount of applicants last year (Class of 2026) similar to Class of 2025 on their website, and did it by chance include GPA averages with your previous rejection email?
From class of 2025

It went really well! No, class of 2025 had 136 applicants and 2026 had 212. I imagine there were even more applicants for this year.

So I'm a third time applicant to SDSU. Have received interviews all three years. First year rejected after interview, second year (last year) got waitlisted at spot #20 and made it up to #2 but obviously never made it off. I asked last year how many people they were interviewing and was told they couldn't disclose that so have no idea on numbers interviewed.

From my status update emails I have stats on number of applicants:
136 applicants for their first class two years ago
212 applicants for their second class last year

I think it's safe to assume that number has risen again.

Just finished my interview. Their selection of interview questions were not as good for me personally as the ones they asked last year. This is obviously going to vary greatly among everyone they just happened to be asking for specifics I didn't feel I really had good situations I could think of to answer with.

I'd imagine with interview dates that a good number of people probably wanted later interview dates instead of being such short notice.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm a third time applicant to SDSU. Have received interviews all three years. First year rejected after interview, second year (last year) got waitlisted at spot #20 and made it up to #2 but obviously never made it off. I asked last year how many people they were interviewing and was told they couldn't disclose that so have no idea on numbers interviewed.

From my status update emails I have stats on number of applicants:
136 applicants for their first class two years ago
212 applicants for their second class last year

I think it's safe to assume that number has risen again.

Just finished my interview. Their selection of interview questions were not as good for me personally as the ones they asked last year. This is obviously going to vary greatly among everyone they just happened to be asking for specifics I didn't feel I really had good situations I could think of to answer with.

I'd imagine with interview dates that a good number of people probably wanted later interview dates instead of being such short notice.

Okay, thank you for all the information to put my mind at ease for a bit. Are you IS? I saw the majority were IS first year but there was a lot of OOS people in class last year, so didn’t see a correlation there haha. I am first-time IS

Okay, thank you for all the information to put my mind at ease for a bit. Are you IS? I saw the majority were IS first year but there was a lot of OOS people in class last year, so didn’t see a correlation there haha. I am first-time IS
They said they give offers to the top 20 applicants regardless of residency. I'd imagine having mostly SD residents is a factor of them being more likely to hear about and know about the program combined with getting IS tuition prices for 4 years (SD residents get IS tuition for years 3 and 4 at UMN). I myself am OOS.

Do you happen to remember any of the questions they had asked?
While I do remember some questions we are not supposed to disclose them. The interviewers don't have your file so they usually ask you about yourself and then the questions are formatted as "tell us about a time such and such occurred, what happened and how did you handle it". Some topics questions can be about include teamwork, difficult situations/decisions, empathy, etc. You can draw on examples from any area of your life, school, work, animal, veterinary or anything else you think fits. If you want to maybe do some prep to think of what examples might fit areas just google search behavioral interview questions. No guarantee whether or not any of those questions will be the ones you're asked. The first couple years I had one or two questions that I got both years but this year they were completely different ones. Best of luck!

Do you think decisions will be released soon after last round of interviews this weekend?

Do you think decisions will be released soon after last round of interviews this weekend?
I am hopeful! I thought the originally email said mid February, but read that it would be mid- late February. I am hoping we know sooner than later. Does anyone know how many people they usually interview?

I am hopeful! I thought the originally email said mid February, but read that it would be mid- late February. I am hoping we know sooner than later. Does anyone know how many people they usually interview?
Not sure, I know there was only 6 interview dates where the groups were extremely small but I wonder how many of those groups were done per day. Hopefully good news this week!

Anyone know the previous dates of decisions?
Their first year interviews took place between 1/26/21 & 2/6/21 with decisions sent out on 2/24/21.
Their second year interviews took place between 1/20/22 & 2/5/22 with decisions sent out on 2/10/22.

Their first year interviews took place between 1/26/21 & 2/6/21 with decisions sent out on 2/24/21.
Their second year interviews took place between 1/20/22 & 2/5/22 with decisions sent out on 2/10/22.
Hopefully, we hear this week!

During my interview they said they’re interviewing 85 people this cycle

During my interview they said they’re interviewing 85 people this cycle
Oo that’s not too many! I thought I ready that 8/20 seats are reserved for SDSU graduates? Maybe I read that wrong?

Oo that’s not too many! I thought I ready that 8/20 seats are reserved for SDSU graduates? Maybe I read that wrong?

I haven’t heard that, I have been told they prioritize SD/MN residents and read they take a regional approach (someone else in forum was told they go top 20 regardless of residence), but having an automatic 8/20 just for SDSU graduates seems unjust.

I haven’t heard that, I have been told they prioritize SD/MN residents and read they take a regional approach (someone else in forum was told they go top 20 regardless of residence), but having an automatic 8/20 just for SDSU graduates seems unjust.
Yeah same, even if you look at past admittances like 80% of the people are SD or MN residents and then the remaining few are from like North Dakota or Colorado :/

They might have changed policy though since it was written in early to mid-2020. It also says that the GRE is required which I don't think it is anymore. Also, I didn't know that most people in the SDSU program are in an MS program as well? That's the first time I heard about that

They might have changed policy though since it was written in early to mid-2020. It also says that the GRE is required which I don't think it is anymore. Also, I didn't know that most people in the SDSU program are in an MS program as well? That's the first time I heard about that
Yep! I actually asked about that in the interview. They pretty much said it is encouraged and many students go on to pursue a Masters degree or a PHD, so it’s an option for students. GRE changes have be made to so many programs. I just remember reading it and thinking , “ I have no chance as an Illinois resident” lol

Yep! I actually asked about that in the interview. They pretty much said it is encouraged and many students go on to pursue a Masters degree or a PHD, so it’s an option for students. GRE changes have be made to so many programs. I just remember reading it and thinking , “ I have no chance as an Illinois resident” lol
Nah you got more of a chance than I do, I'm from the NorthEast :cryi: But they also said they had 200+ applicants but only interviewed 85 so that says something about our apps at least

Nothing.

I do have a missed call that said spam from 440 number with no vm but that might just be wishful thinking.

I hope they let us know soon, this is killing me

Email from SDSU. Rejected.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I’m so sorry dude :-( this admissions cycle has been rough
Thanks. I’m waitlisted IS with WSU (poor odds there) and just have Iowa left to hear from.
You heard from SDSU yet?

Thanks. I’m waitlisted IS with WSU (poor odds there) and just have Iowa left to hear from.
You heard from SDSU yet?
I haven’t heard from SDSU yet. I’m also waiting on wisconsin, iowa, and Upenn but my chances are low :/ I’ve been rejected by 10 schools so far this cycle so low confidence here

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I haven’t heard from SDSU yet. I’m also waiting on wisconsin, iowa, and Upenn but my chances are low :/ I’ve been rejected by 10 schools so far this cycle so low confidence here
The fact that I’ve got a rejection here but you haven’t heard anything I feel is more promising for you.
I applied to 10 schools total this cycle, besides WSU and SDSU interviews, KSU did interview me before rejecting me but everywhere else has thought I wasn’t worth talking to. I feel your pain.

The fact that I’ve got a rejection here but you haven’t heard anything I feel is more promising for you.
I applied to 10 schools total this cycle, besides WSU and SDSU interviews, KSU did interview me before rejecting me but everywhere else has thought I wasn’t worth talking to. I feel your pain.
Most places rejected my without even looking at my app. It sucks but there’s just so many people that applied this cycle. Also i just got an email from SDSU and am waitlisted at #24 :/

• Care
Most places rejected my without even looking at my app. It sucks but there’s just so many people that applied this cycle. Also i just got an email from SDSU and am waitlisted at #24 :/
I got an email too. I’m waitlisted at #8. Doesn’t look like they will call anyone off until after 4/17..

I thought someone said they got to #25. I don’t think there is a difference in IS/ OOS either.
Okay thanks, ApplyDust said they were #20 and did not make it off last year and it got to #2 for them so I was unsure. Hoping for the best for everyone!

I thought someone said they got to #25. I don’t think there is a difference in IS/ OOS either.
Last year in the UMN thread someone said they'd gotten to #25 the previous year (their first year) but last year the furthest they got was #18 (based off my starting and ending position). I'm sure some of that movement was people declining their waitlist spots as they got into other schools but I have no idea how much. Wishing you guys all the best of luck on getting in here or elsewhere!

Last year in the UMN thread someone said they'd gotten to #25 the previous year (their first year) but last year the furthest they got was #18 (based off my starting and ending position). I'm sure some of that movement was people declining their waitlist spots as they got into other schools but I have no idea how much. Wishing you guys all the best of luck on getting in here or elsewhere!
Okay, thank you so much! Best luck to you as well, I'm sorry about SDSU.

Has anyone accepted a seat at SDSU? I haven’t seen anyone on SDN that has posted about being accepted. Also, is anyone planning on giving up their waitlist spot? 😬

I am planning on riding out the waitlist spot until I either get accepted or don't due to being in-state, but I will most likely have to accept a spot at WesternU before the deadline since they will not give us an update until after. I have not seen anyone post a single thing about it either!

I am planning on riding out the waitlist spot until I either get accepted or don't due to being in-state, but I will most likely have to accept a spot at WesternU before the deadline since they will not give us an update until after. I have not seen anyone post a single thing about it either!
I am with you on riding out the waitlist spot. I am waitlisted at two schools, and I am waiting to hear back from one. It gets tricky with the deadline & not hearing back from schools in time! Best of luck to you!

I am with you on riding out the waitlist spot. I am waitlisted at two schools, and I am waiting to hear back from one. It gets tricky with the deadline & not hearing back from schools in time! Best of luck to you!
Good luck to you too! Yes, I hope I hear back from here and a couple of others I am waiting on that I am interested more than WesternU but I am happy with any acceptance especially seeing how this cycle is going in general for all. Does anyone know how many spots dropped when the first waitlist was released last year or the year before?

Good luck to you too! Yes, I hope I hear back from here and a couple of others I am waiting on that I am interested more than WesternU but I am happy with any acceptance especially seeing how this cycle is going in general for all. Does anyone know how many spots dropped when the first waitlist was released last year or the year before?
So last year when decisions released in February I was #20. We got an email update on April 20th and I’d moved to #11. On May 4th I requested a status update and was #5. On May 27th they sent out an update to everyone with status and I was #4. On June 6th I was at #3. July 7th I was #2.

They sent out updates in April after the national deadline and at the end of May. All other updates I just sent an email requesting my waitlist status. In May and June I requested them biweekly, by July I started requesting weekly. You can of course request them whenever you want (after they send the first update post deadline).