% seats filled

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heuristicdoc

please, don't stand up
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the % of seats filled for each school so far. I am really wondering about KCOM, DMU and COMP but would like to see all that people know about so far.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the % of seats filled for each school so far. I am really wondering about KCOM, DMU and COMP but would like to see all that people know about so far.

There is already like 2 threads on this. Do a search.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know pretty close to exactly the number of seats left @ DMU, but don't think I should really say. As someone else said, this information is not something that schools are going to tell you.

That being said, I would go on any interview to any school that you are interested in attending. Even when DMU has it's seats "filled" we will still accept others to the point that the class will definitely be filled. After that, I believe that they continue to interview for waitlist spots. You are, however, informed prior to the interview that you are interviewing for the waitlist & have the opportunity to cancel. Hope this helps.

Kritter

OK, OK...I'll throw you guys a bone. The number of seats left is in this vicinity: 0 < seats left < 215 :thumbup:

It's not that secretive. DMU told me 75% was full about two weeks ago when I called. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I know pretty close to exactly the number of seats left @ DMU, but don't think I should really say. As someone else said, this information is not something that schools are going to tell you.

That being said, I would go on any interview to any school that you are interested in attending. Even when DMU has it's seats "filled" we will still accept others to the point that the class will definitely be filled. After that, I believe that they continue to interview for waitlist spots. You are, however, informed prior to the interview that you are interviewing for the waitlist & have the opportunity to cancel. Hope this helps.

Kritter

Sure they will give you a rough estimate, but the OP asked how many seats were left. Now, let's put it this way...If you just got your secondary complete & were just now invited for an interview & then proceeded to ask Admissions how many seats were left & they tell you 25 left.

Now...your interview isn't scheduled for another 3 weeks (b/c you just scheduled it) & that means that they are going to be interviewing appoximately 50+ students before you even get there. This would probably weigh a little heavily on your mind & possibly make you consider not going b/c of the lack of seats (especially if you already have another acceptance). Maybe it's just me, but I can completely understand why they are not going to tell applicants the number of seats left.

By the way, ruck...Are you already accepted?

Nope...I was put on pre-interview hold and at this point it pretty much translates to rejection. I understand your point and its valid but I think that in some cases people people who answer the phone at the admissions office really dont know the exact number so they give you an estimate. I remember the lady at DMU told me "to be honest I don't know exactly but I would guess around 75%".

Sure they will give you a rough estimate, but the OP asked how many seats were left. Now, let's put it this way...If you just got your secondary complete & were just now invited for an interview & then proceeded to ask Admissions how many seats were left & they tell you 25 left.

Now...your interview isn't scheduled for another 3 weeks (b/c you just scheduled it) & that means that they are going to be interviewing appoximately 50+ students before you even get there. This would probably weigh a little heavily on your mind & possibly make you consider not going b/c of the lack of seats (especially if you already have another acceptance). Maybe it's just me, but I can completely understand why they are not going to tell applicants the number of seats left.

By the way, ruck...Are you already accepted?

So, do many peopleon DMU's alternate list actually get in?

Anybody know anything about PCOM-GA??? They are extremely secretive about that number

So, do many peopleon DMU's alternate list actually get in?

I know that in the past the movement has not been good. However, I know someone in my class that got called on the friday before orientation to join our class.

Anyone no about PCOM-Ga?

When I called a couple of weeks ago..they said that their class was almost full and not to waste time sending in a secondary since it was soo late:rolleyes:

CCOM is interviewing through April according to the office..so i'm assuming there's spots to go around :) good luck! :luck:

When I called a couple of weeks ago..they said that their class was almost full and not to waste time sending in a secondary since it was soo late:rolleyes:

Thanks! I interviewed there back in January and they still have not made a decision yet. I had a favorable interview but I guess they aren't sure about me since I've been accepted to three other school. It just sucks cause PCOM-Ga is my 1st choice