Seattle Osteopathic Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

specialkay

Kay
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all -

And please forgive me if this is the wrong forum, and redirect me where to go -

I'm looking for some good doctors offices to rotate through for OB, Peds, Derm and Family Practice in Seattle.

Does anyone have any connections??

I would really appreciate it ... so far its kind of hard to find DO's in OB in Seattle, Peds isn't too bad.

Thanks!!

Kay

Members don't see this ad.

Best of luck with your adventure! I had a tough time finding preceptors, osteopathic or allopathic, that were willing to work with me this past summer. You can always try the UofW. They have great rotations in the area, but are limited to visiting students and charge a fee. One resource I found somewhat helpful was the Washington Osteopathic Med. Soc. (WOMA.org) for a list of DO's and possible preceptors in the state. I think Kathy Itter is the secretary. Also, you could try contacting the DO school in southern Cal (Western). I know they have a Northwest track and various preceptors associated with them. Perhaps, they'd be willing to share their preceptors. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Hi everyone -

Thanks to the responder, I've actually made a slew of calls to doctors I found through woma.org and seattlemag.com's listing of best doctors, and have had a ton of luck!

Woma.org does have a list of preceptors willing to teach. I'm not going to DO's for all of my rotations tho.

I found no DO OB's willing to work with me so I'm working with an MD at Swedish, then for peds I found another amazing doctor, but he's actually a pediatric anesthesiologist at UW so I have to check with my school, I don't think that will fulfill my peds rotation so I'll have to find someone else.

I found a DO family guy but he is not in the hospital, office based only, so I may pass on him, he's also full when I want to rotate with him.

In any case, it seems like persistence pays off. I am so happy that I can go anywhere I want in the country, it is really cool to have the flexibility. However, a MD-student friend said that she had hospital hours she had to fulfill, so I'm worried about too much office hours and not fulfulling some AOA or AMA requirement. Hmm. Will research at school and post again later.