Second look might hurt you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forex

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well.... this might be unusual question. Do you think a second look might hurt you.... wonder if the program might change their mind after the second visit. Of course you will do your best during the visit, but sometimes things can't happen the way you want. Any input, please. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Only if you were obviously much less handsome, charming or witty than you were during your first interview.

Second visits are for you; they almost never result in a change in ROL by the program.

Second visits are for you; they almost never result in a change in ROL by the program.

Thank you for your post. I wonder if the trend has changed a bit nowadays.

One Uni PD claimed during my interview that she would be very excited if candidates came back for a second look!

One program particularly called you to come for the second look!

One program mentions in its thank you letter about the second look.

Any input?

i'm doing 1 second look because it was an early place i visited and i now know what to look for better. plus, i have friends i want to visit in that city anyway. i'll be going in wearing scrubs (i'm a pathology applicant) and i am 0% worried that short of my mooning the PD, nothing i'll do will affect my position on their rank list. like Dr. Cox said, this is for my benefit only.

I did a 2nd look at my fav place and was lucky to be with the assoc. program director. I also got to spend time with the chiefs and go to intern conference where you get to go around answering pimp questions. Luckily I answered them all correctly and I think I made myself look good! Here's to hoping right?

Well.... this might be unusual question. Do you think a second look might hurt you.... wonder if the program might change their mind after the second visit. Of course you will do your best during the visit, but sometimes things can't happen the way you want. Any input, please. :scared:

The only way second looks will hurt you is if you grab the PD, punch him in his face, then proceed to pass smelly gas onto his face and then squeez some nipple juice onto his nose followed by a final slap. I would think this behavior would be unacceptable. However, lets say you slip a fart by accident as you are bending down to pick up some paper, this will probably make him/her laugh more than angry, although if it is a smelly fart and hangs in the air for a while, he/she could associate that smelly experience with you, which will hurt you by rank time. Bottom line, be cool and don't eat any beans for several days before your visit.

Thank you for your post. I wonder if the trend has changed a bit nowadays.

One Uni PD claimed during my interview that she would be very excited if candidates came back for a second look!

One program particularly called you to come for the second look!

One program mentions in its thank you letter about the second look.

Any input?

Things have not changed.

Some programs encourage second looks, but again this is for YOUR benefit, not theirs. aProgDirector has posted the same..that unless there is some revealing moment during your second look which radically alters their opinion of you, it does not affect how you will be ranked. Second looks might show you are more interested, but programs aren't changing their ROLs for that.

Things have not changed.

Some programs encourage second looks, but again this is for YOUR benefit, not theirs. aProgDirector has posted the same..that unless there is some revealing moment during your second look which radically alters their opinion of you, it does not affect how you will be ranked. Second looks might show you are more interested, but programs aren't changing their ROLs for that.

Thanks. Well..you know better than me as I am not in the selection committee. :idea:, but for the sake of just argument........we all are emotional beings. The rank is normally done near the end of Feb (when you can still change in one click). So if you are doing your second look before that, there might be some effect in the ROL. May be you become 4th from originally 5th. Or the other way is true. Just a thought for argument. :hardy: