Second Look - What to ask?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pisiform

Oh Crap!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of the programs have second look and Program coordinators basically hinted that if you second look there its a plus. I am really interested in one of the programs and its my top choice too and I have already scheduled second look.

I was wondering what to ask that day? I have already asked all the questions I had on interview day. The only questions I can potentially ask genuinely is about the area and cost of living and houses and bars lol

Do I just pretend that I don't know anything and ask again?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask about the area and cost of living. Programs know that good training can be had at a lot of places, and in the end the only thing separating ROL spot #1 and #2 may only be qualities of the area or even a super specific aspect of training. I was flat out told this by PDs.

My program doesn't do second looks, so it's hard to give you advice. But asking about stuff you should have learned the 1st time seems like a really bad idea -- they could come away with the sense that you don't pay attention. Just be yourself.

Reactions: 2 users