Second time at MPJE...long time for results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LittlePanda77

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just took my MPJE for the second time on July 29th and still didn't get any results yet as of today (August 11). My first MPJE results came via letter one week later in June.

Does anyone know if your second run at the exams takes longer to process? Is there something wrong and should I call? Are they short handed people and it just takes a while? Just getting nervous. Any help or experiences would be appreciated! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many times can you fail the NAPLEX/MPJE anyways? I know there is a limit on the bar exam. I'd assume the same would apply with the MPJE/NAPLEX.

5 for both.

For the MPJE though...you would have 5 chances at state "A" and state "B" and so forth.

For the NAPLEX...it's 5 overall.
 
5 for both.

For the MPJE though...you would have 5 chances at state "A" and state "B" and so forth.

For the NAPLEX...it's 5 overall.
if you fail 5 times you have no business being a pharmacist, hell if you fail twice I would never hire you (if I knew)
 
if you fail 5 times you have no business being a pharmacist, hell if you fail twice I would never hire you (if I knew)

For the NAPLEX, sure, I would hope people don't fail it, but it happens. Even though we were taught 3-4 years of material, it's really a test of memorizing random items.

As for the MPJE...we're not going to be lawyers...and so much of it is grey where we don't know what the right thing to do is and that questions are meant to mess with your head.
 
For the NAPLEX, sure, I would hope people don't fail it, but it happens. Even though we were taught 3-4 years of material, it's really a test of memorizing random items.

As for the MPJE...we're not going to be lawyers...and so much of it is grey where we don't know what the right thing to do is and that questions are meant to mess with your head.
ya, but five times???

I have taken three states MPJE's and passed with over a 90 each time.
 
As for the MPJE...we're not going to be lawyers...and so much of it is grey where we don't know what the right thing to do is and that questions are meant to mess with your head.

The MPJE I took did not test grey areas nor did it mess with my head. It is mostly stuff about what has to be on a prescription, how many days you have to do certain things, what forms to use to report losses or order controlled substances, etc. It tests you on what is LEGAL not what is RIGHT. It really is an easy test. I can see failing it once on a bad bay or maybe if your English is not great, but 5 times?
 
The MPJE I took did not test grey areas nor did it mess with my head. It is mostly stuff about what has to be on a prescription, how many days you have to do certain things, what forms to use to report losses or order controlled substances, etc. It tests you on what is LEGAL not what is RIGHT. It really is an easy test. I can see failing it once on a bad bay or maybe if your English is not great, but 5 times?
exactly, although I will admit when I took Florida's I often could narrow every answer down to 2 but then could argue back and forth on those two, but I guess that is because I didn't know the law! Now the BCPS, that has a crap load of grey area