Second time MCATers w/ 25-27 first time range...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how 2nd time MCATers do,

Was it easier to study and prepare? and how much did you improve if you don't mind sharing it?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want info on the percentage of retesters who improved then check out the AAMC/MCAT website and go to examinee data. I retook the test and improved (I did get higher than a 25-27 the first time though). My friend got a 27 then a 26 then this Aug. he got a 30 and was stoked. You can improve and if you scored in the 25-27 range I would retake so you can improve your chances. Change your study habits up a bit and if you had a subset that was lower than the rest (for me it was the infamous verbal) then concentrate on that section. Hope this helps!;)

FLY -
I was in that range the first time i took the MCAT and I improved by 7 points (2v 3p 2b) the second time i took the test (I was under a lot of stress the first time i took it). Dont loose hope because it is very possible to improve a score in the 25-27 range. I thought that it was much easier to study the second time mainly because I knew how study for the test (I didnt take any kaplan classes or anything). The main reason I did so much better the second time was because I spent the majority of my study time taking practice tests so I could "learn how to think" like the MCAT requires. Also taking practice tests help with time management and general test taking skills. The second time I took the test I skipped over the passages that didnt make sense right away and answered the easy passages first which i think greatly improved my score. Hope I didnt ramble on too much...good luck!