Second Year AEGD/GPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABZ1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any openings for second year residency for 2014-15 that is heavily involved with complex dental treatment? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I have an opening. Search " Immediate Opening AEGD"
Have you already done a 1 year AEGD or GPR? Do you have WREB or other Board? What do you want to get out of the second year?
Full arch/mouth reconstruction? Implant placement and restoration? Grafting? ridge augmentation and implant site delevopment? How about cad/cam guided surgery.
I have been the clinical director of a CODA accredited TWO year University AEGD at the University of Missouri. You get a 2 year AEGD Certificate when you graduate.
My Wichita State -AEGD program site is not currently a CODA accredited as a two year, ( only CODA for year 1)but I dont see why not you could come in with advanced standing, based on credentials, since you have already done a 1 year program. We have done this before at the University of Missouri before we were CODA approved as a two year program.

What I would do ,is assign the more comprehensive/ complex cases to the second year resident,even though you would both be classmates as CODA year 1.There would not be a two year certificate at completion.

That person would be " Chief resident" by credentials.

Anyway, its worth further discussion.Call me if I can help you.