Secondaries and rolling admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABSOLUTsher07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
What schools are known for having rolling admission (i.e. I should get my secondaries in ASAP)? Also, if a school's secondary is available for viewing online, does that mean they don't send you an email asking to fill out a secondary?? Thanks for the help!

Secondaries so far:
GWU
UPenn
U.Mich (rolling???)
Pitt
Cornell

Members don't see this ad.

ABSOLUTsher07 said:
Hey guys,
What schools are known for having rolling admission (i.e. I should get my secondaries in ASAP)? Also, if a school's secondary is available for viewing online, does that mean they don't send you an email asking to fill out a secondary?? Thanks for the help!

Secondaries so far:
GWU
UPenn
U.Mich (rolling???)
Pitt
Cornell

From what U of Michigan's secondary told me, they wait to make decisions on interviews until the Fall.

The others you should probably get in quickly. (George Washington is nuts and sends secondaries before the AMCAS is verified). But I have had to wait on my LORs so there's not much I can do about that.

gapotts2003 said:
From what U of Michigan's secondary told me, they wait to make decisions on interviews until the Fall.

The others you should probably get in quickly. (George Washington is nuts and sends secondaries before the AMCAS is verified). But I have had to wait on my LORs so there's not much I can do about that.

i am in the same boat as you....my professor (MICROBIO) decided to go on a sabatical (without telling me or finishing my letter :mad: )....so i wont get it until sept.....is this too late.....should i not send in secondaries (to sve money) and then just apply next year....

Members don't see this ad :)
no dont do that. just submit it now, once your rec is available, all schoools would have to do is grab the rec, and you'll be ready to be reviewed and screened.

ABSOLUTsher07 said:
Hey guys,

Secondaries so far:
GWU
UPenn
U.Mich (rolling???)
Pitt
Cornell

get your secondaries in as early as possible for ALL SCHOOLS b/c all schools have a rolling interview process. However, some schools DONT have rolling admissions. So basically, once you get an interview at a non-rolling admissions school you are on equal footing with someone who interviewed really early (like back in October)

whatever the case is, having an early interview is always much better then a later one. A well prepared application submitted early (according to the experts at admissionconsultants anwyays), always refelcts better then a student who barely made the last interview time slot. So long story short

START SENDING THOSE BABIES

i asked this in the secondaries thread but it got lost in the secondaries, so i guess i'll try here. if you send in all your secondaries in july, will you only be getting invitations to interview in september? I don't want to fill out 15+ secondaries and be looking at all the interviews I'm going to get, whether 1 or 15, coming in september.

theyll offer september interviews to early applicants who pass their initial review. Meaning there iwll be completely empty spots anytime after september. Im sure you can reschedule easily.

ok, glad to hear it. i guess i'll resume the money hemorrhaging full steam ahead!

ABSOLUTsher07 said:
Hey guys,

Secondaries so far:
GWU
UPenn
U.Mich (rolling???)
Pitt
Cornell

A very small minority of schools are non-rolling.

modelslashactor said:
if you send in all your secondaries in july, will you only be getting invitations to interview in september?

Not necessarily. Schools may decide to offer an interview as soon as they review your file, or they may hold off and offer you an interview during a subsequent round of file reviews. Sometimes schools review files in a particular order that isn't strictly just by completion date (e.g., they might review all of the people from a certain geographical area first, or above a certain GPA or MCAT score, etc.). Even if you submit your secondary in July, it's possible that you might not get an interview request until February! :eek: Good luck! :luck: