Secondaries changing year to year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I am wondering how often a school’s secondary changes from year to year. If I can find their prompts for the last few years and they haven’t changed is it pretty safe to say that they will be the same this year? Would love to start some essays early but also don’t want to waste time writing the wrong essays. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

When I applied, almost all of them were identical from the previous year to the next.

Reactions: 1 user
I am wondering how often a school’s secondary changes from year to year. If I can find their prompts for the last few years and they haven’t changed is it pretty safe to say that they will be the same this year? Would love to start some essays early but also don’t want to waste time writing the wrong essays. Thanks!
About 95% stay the same from one year to the next. Themes from one school to another are often similar, so you will be able to reuse many of the materials you develop.

Here are links to Secondaries from the last few years: Allopathic School-Specific Discussions (<2018)

This year's prompts will generally appear toward the beginning of this year's School Specific threads, once a member communicates them to the original poster, here: 2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Additionally, it seems that a lot of secondaries ask questions that I had answered in my activities. Are we supposed to be repeating what we have already written?

Additionally, it seems that a lot of secondaries ask questions that I had answered in my activities. Are we supposed to be repeating what we have already written?
Try to say something about the experiences that you haven't already said, if possible.