Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can just go to their website and get it. No invite necessary - just an amcas ID.tennisguy896 said:I still haven't received Cornell's secondary. How many of you guys have received it?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You can just go to their website and get it. No invite necessary - just an amcas ID.tennisguy896 said:I still haven't received Cornell's secondary. How many of you guys have received it?
trpng0bily said:You can just go to their website and get it. No invite necessary - just an amcas ID.
DrVanNostran said:I think you have to verified also in order to access it.
jackieMD2007 said:*Since Pitt only sent out a test group, and their secondary is largely unavailable to everyone else, I have made an executive decision to relegate Pitt to the bottom category. Their test grouping seems like a bit like a screening, but looks like they are just trying to work out the bugs. This is only temporary, I am sure we'll have them on the top list soon.
Robizzle said:what's pgh, pittsburgh?
Yeah I got kinda excitd to get a letter from UVA...but then I realized it's the exact same thing that I got in an email. 🙄joanofarc0907 said:I got UVA via snail mail today. I got excited cuz my Mom said it was from UMD, but she was just accidently saying that. Oh well, but you can put it in the snail mail list too as well as the email list
There is a link a couple of pages back. That's how I got there.tennisguy896 said:I can't find where to log-in on the cornell site. On their site, it says they email applicants after they receive your amcas and provide directions for access. 😕
tennisguy896 said:I can't find where to log-in on the cornell site. On their site, it says they email applicants after they receive your amcas and provide directions for access. 😕
shantster said:I still haven't gotten one, and I saw that on the site too. I'm getting a little antsy for that one.
Shejeboshease said:is it true that sunny buffalo doesn't ask for any essys in the secondary applications?
HelenaP said:Here's the link they send:
http://osaf.med.cornell.edu
I haven't read it much, but I think there's just a 200 word "why cornell" question.
Shejeboshease said:does loyola chicago school of medicine have any preference for some religions? it is one of the largest catholic universities in the us. since i'm muslim, do you think i should apply there?
Robizzle said:damn i just got back from class to see that i got temple AND VCU! ohhh today really was the day, jackie 😀
swim2md said:What's with the no character limit on Temple's essays? How long are people planning to make them???
Robizzle said:mine are like half a page single space.. i coulda bs'd some more out but i feel like i kept it genuine n concise..
the 2nd one really shouldn't matter bout length -- ur just tellin them what you're doing, no fluff!
swim2md said:What did you include in the second one-- just school and/or work or did you get into extracurricular things as well?
robizzle, so glad you decided to join the MDapplicants club. actually i think i know you pretty well!Robizzle said:well ill be in my senior year, so i talked mainly about school. and for engineers at my school, we are forced to do an independent research project so i talked about that

scentimint said:yay, glad you figured it out (and didn't post my name here! 😱 )
i haven't found any other BU peeps that i know here yet, so this is fun. 😛
said:and [/quote ] tags. Take care to not delete anything else. Thanks!
swim2md said:Does anyone know if the following schools have essays or not, and if so, what they might be?
Drexel
Jefferson
Penn State
Thanks!
Robizzle said:penn state has a "why pennstate?" essay. jefferson has a very arbitrary "additional information' section, and i think drexel has no essay.
Matth52 said:Is there a list of schools that people have applied to and heard nothing from yet?
Erina said:i'm glad to see advertisements have now invaded this forum... 😡
said:and [/quote ] tags. Take care to not delete anything else. Thanks!
Temple doesn't have limits so technically you can write as much as you want. But really just say what you need to say and leave it at that.swim2md said:My "why Temple" essay is already over 3000 characters.... oops.
How much is too much?
Erina said:Temple doesn't have limits so technically you can write as much as you want. But really just say what you need to say and leave it at that.
no need to make excuses for agreeing with me 😛 i'm always right! 😎jackieMD2007 said:I think this is excellent advice. Concise is better. Say what you're going to say and get outta there. 👍 But then again, I am the wife of a lawyer, who is all about writing things as CONCISELY as possible, so take that with a grain of salt.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.