SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by license2kill, Jun 14, 2008.

1. license2kill

license2kill 2+ Year Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Can someone tell me all about secondaries? Do we just mail them out to the schools ASAp? Or do we have to get invited from the schools to do them? Where do we get them?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. blankguy

blankguy 7+ Year Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Depends on the school. Most schools will send you a form to fill out. I know creighton has their secondary posted on their website.
  4. DividedByZero

DividedByZero Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Meharry and UNLV also have theirs posted online.

I would say just get them in ASAP once they send it to you. Puruse all their websites and they will usually have a little blurb about it in the FAQ or in the "application process" section. It is not just a race to send in the AADSAS as soon as possible but it is a race to complete your file so adcoms will take a look at it.
  5. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Nova lets you pay online as well.
  6. license2kill

license2kill 2+ Year Member

Jan 5, 2007
    But if my first DAT is July 16th this summer, then my secondaries are in no hurry for adcoms right? Most adcoms don't even look at an applicant's file until DAT scores are in, so I am guessing that if my secondaries are in before my DAT score, then I should be fine, right?
  7. hoss19

hoss19 half iron, half man 5+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2007
    yeah, buckle down on studying, then do secondaries after. it takes awhile for scores to reach the schools. 3-4 weeks per the adea website, but this is crunch time so dont expect them to be there right at 3 weeks.
  8. Florida premed

Florida premed 2+ Year Member

May 19, 2007
    could I please have any advice on this:

I received several e-mails with secondary questions but haven't taken the DAT yet( will take it end of July)
    Should I wait to take the DAT, or would it be better to start sending secondaries as soon as possible?