sECONDARIES?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

license2kill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me all about secondaries? Do we just mail them out to the schools ASAp? Or do we have to get invited from the schools to do them? Where do we get them?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. Most schools will send you a form to fill out. I know creighton has their secondary posted on their website.

Meharry and UNLV also have theirs posted online.

I would say just get them in ASAP once they send it to you. Puruse all their websites and they will usually have a little blurb about it in the FAQ or in the "application process" section. It is not just a race to send in the AADSAS as soon as possible but it is a race to complete your file so adcoms will take a look at it.

Members don't see this ad :)

I would say just get them in ASAP once they send it to you. Puruse all their websites and they will usually have a little blurb about it in the FAQ or in the "application process" section. It is not just a race to send in the AADSAS as soon as possible but it is a race to complete your file so adcoms will take a look at it.

Nova lets you pay online as well.

But if my first DAT is July 16th this summer, then my secondaries are in no hurry for adcoms right? Most adcoms don't even look at an applicant's file until DAT scores are in, so I am guessing that if my secondaries are in before my DAT score, then I should be fine, right?
Thanks.

But if my first DAT is July 16th this summer, then my secondaries are in no hurry for adcoms right? Most adcoms don't even look at an applicant's file until DAT scores are in, so I am guessing that if my secondaries are in before my DAT score, then I should be fine, right?
Thanks.

yeah, buckle down on studying, then do secondaries after. it takes awhile for scores to reach the schools. 3-4 weeks per the adea website, but this is crunch time so dont expect them to be there right at 3 weeks.

could I please have any advice on this:

I received several e-mails with secondary questions but haven't taken the DAT yet( will take it end of July)
Should I wait to take the DAT, or would it be better to start sending secondaries as soon as possible?

Thanks!