Secondary Application Pictures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you include your ugly mug with secondary applications?

• Double-sided tape

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Staples - made in China

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Tape applied to each corner

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • They don't deserve to see me!

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

kypdurron5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to get a general consensus on how you guys include pictures with your secondary application. I hate using staples...I've obsessively photo-shopped the best picture I have to make it the absolute best representation of myself I can possibly conjure; thus, sticking staples in such a perfect creation (well, except that it's a picture of me) makes me cringe. Double-sided tape isn't that secure though, and nothing would be worse than a picture which falls off your application. Four-corner one-sided tape is probably the best alternative to these two, but you're still talking about affecting the way the image looks. The only other option I can think of is trying to cut a very thin strip of tape and applying it to all the edges, but this is rather time consuming and prone to catastrophic error. Any other perfectionists out there give a crap about this issue? >).

Members don't see this ad.

what about paper glue or rubber cement? That's what I used. I'm not a fan of tape or staples...

Members don't see this ad :)
Golfing_Doc said:
what about paper glue or rubber cement? That's what I used. I'm not a fan of tape or staples...
Hrrm...don't you have a problem with paper-crinkling around the glued area?

little elmers did the trick for me. i also made sure to write my name and amcas id on the back just in case it got separated...

nekrogg said:
I know, it's unfortunate that there are people like this on SDN. Who knows, maybe the admins will take care of the problem.

kypdurron5 said:
I know, it's unfortunate that there are people like this on SDN. Who knows, maybe the admins will take care of the problem.

i know huh? chances are he wouldn't say this to anyone's face.

great job e-thugging. keep it up! :thumbup:

kypdurron5 said:
I've obsessively photo-shopped the best picture I have to make it the absolute best representation of myself I can possibly conjure

I photoshopped my picture too. I hope they don't freak out when I don't show up with my head on Brad Pitt's body.

Depakote said:
I photoshopped my picture too. I hope they don't freak out when I don't show up with my head on Brad Pitt's body.

haha i admit i did too. i even did it for my mcat photo. i also took two different pictures for med schools and sending thme half and half to test the responses.. :p

some schools specifically say staple the picture, so i wouldnt glue them for all. think of the frustration when you removed 1000 staples already and some bloke decides to stick the picture with super glue

I used a paperclip, unless they specified.

Either placed in separate envelope attatched by staple or (in the case of tulane) glued it to my app...all I had was glue

Members don't see this ad :)
Glue b/c the app said to paste a picture on the sheet....

Teerawit said:
Glue b/c the app said to paste a picture on the sheet....
Yeah, I've seen that...only "paste" is a pretty generic term. We don't often refer to glue as "paste," so the other meaning would simply be "to cover with something" (i.e. covering the spot designated for the picture) or "to cause to adhere by." Adherence can be accomplished with any of the methods we've talked about.

-credit www.m-w.com for definitions

Just a little side note...go get a picture made somewhere-even Walmart does passport photos for cheap!!....A large amount of students take photos from when they were out with their friends, cut out their friends and post it to their application. During the first 15 minutes of orientation, we had a slide-show of all these pictures to embarrass all the students who did that and still got accepted. Some people had beer in their hands and everything in the pics!!

McMD said:
Just a little side note...go get a picture made somewhere-even Walmart does passport photos for cheap!!....A large amount of students take photos from when they were out with their friends, cut out their friends and post it to their application. During the first 15 minutes of orientation, we had a slide-show of all these pictures to embarrass all the students who did that and still got accepted. Some people had beer in their hands and everything in the pics!!
Lol, I agree...but even better than having someone else do it...do it yourself. If you don't have a digital camera, borrow one. That way you can control exactly how your picture looks, take as many as you want, adjust the pictures (lots of free software for doing this if you don't have photoshop), and...the best part: instead of paying extra for custom-size pictures I just resize my main picture to 2x2, then create a new 4x6 photo and copy the 2x2 into the 4x6 area six times. That way you can have a single 4x6 photo printed which contains 6 2x2 pictures, then just cut it. You can't beat $.19 for 6 pictures! I've attached the picture I went with...I put on a jacket, took a picture in front of a white wall, then photo-shopped a background using the cloud render filter. Oh yeah, I actually have a face in the one I'm sending schools lol >)

Attachments

• portrait.jpg
    portrait.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 107
old but still sticky rice. that should do it! :rolleyes:

Happy juice! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Anyone who has seen "Eurotrip" might get the reference!

kypdurron5 said:
Yeah, I've seen that...only "paste" is a pretty generic term. We don't often refer to glue as "paste," so the other meaning would simply be "to cover with something" (i.e. covering the spot designated for the picture) or "to cause to adhere by." Adherence can be accomplished with any of the methods we've talked about.

-credit www.m-w.com for definitions
ok....I will paste my photo with tape.

Rather, I will affix my photo with tape ;)

/endpremedmode

i took a pic in my bathroom mirror of me wearing a button down shirt, and then printed it using a photo printer. easy as cake

I just fix it on there with a staple. Heh.

i modify the pdf to have my picture in it

nekrogg said:
i took a pic in my bathroom mirror of me wearing a button down shirt, and then printed it using a photo printer. easy as cake

lmao that's exactly what i did! screw photoshop. :p

electronically uploaded mine.

i thought the passport photo would be black and white, so i wore a plain dark shirt. now it looks like a long-sleeved t-shirt! should have gone with something buttoned.