MD Secondary Application Submission - When is "late"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sing&science

MS1
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What do you consider "early", "average" and "late" submission for a secondary application this cycle (MD programs)?
 
I've heard anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks as the upper limit for what is considered "early", but I will say that an assistant dean of admissions at JHU advised students to get them in within a week.
 
I think your asking more like beginning of August?
I think at this point the faster the better but some schools don't send out II right away so those you could get away with a little more delay.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Early is within two weeks of receiving them. Average is getting them in before Labor Day. Late is submission after Labor Day.
 
Thank you everyone who replied! Yes, I was speaking in terms of early or late August and early September, rather than days after receiving the invitation to submit a secondary application. Best of luck to everyone.