Secondary apps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phonyreal98

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long should I take to return secondary applications? I know they say in the video posted here a few days ago that it should be 1-2 weeks to let programs know that they're important. However, this timing is a bit tight for me since I'm working full time and since MD/PhD secondaries tend to be longer than MD only secondaries and it may take me a bit longer to get these applications in. Getting into an MD/PhD program important to me, but so is paying my bills!

Also, how important are secondary application essays in the context of everything else (GPA/MCAT, research, LORs, primary application material, clinical experience)?