Secondary by hand?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to hand-fill the secondary application? I have not found a single program that can successfully convert a pdf file to word. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have the full version adobe, you can just edit the pdf.

I sit on the admin committee and see the secondaries. They are all filled out by hand. Except for the CV, and answers to questions and or a personal statement of some type. We ask why they want to attend our school, etc.

I don't think anyone cares that your name, SSN, address and email address are written by hand.

MaloCCOM said:

I sit on the admin committee and see the secondaries. They are all filled out by hand. Except for the CV, and answers to questions and or a personal statement of some type. We ask why they want to attend our school, etc.

I don't think anyone cares that your name, SSN, address and email address are written by hand.

Cool. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
im reapplying.. but previously i just printed out the form and used a typewriter instead of hand writing it.

Anyone have any advice for using Adobe to edit PDFs? I downloaded Adobe professional edition for a trial, but it seems pretty complicated to edit it.

FutureDocDO said:
Is it okay to hand-fill the secondary application? I have not found a single program that can successfully convert a pdf file to word. Thank you.

I handwrote every secondary question that had lines to write on. For longer essays, I typed a separate page and attached it (wrote see attached).

MaloCCOM said:

You sure about that... I have the full version too and there is no way (that I can see) to do it...

Want to be more specific?

Yes, please be more specific. I still can't do it.

Hey FutureDocDo, are you referring specifically to Touro? If yes, then I'm sure you can fill it out by hand, but be sure to write very neat. I hand-filled my application and it turned out to be acceptable. Why don't you contact them to double check?

Doctor G said:
Hey FutureDocDo, are you referring specifically to Touro? If yes, then I'm sure you can fill it out by hand, but be sure to write very neat. I hand-filled my application and it turned out to be acceptable. Why don't you contact them to double check?

No. I'm referring to OU-COM. It doesn't state anywhere that it has to be typed but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

Adobe let's you use the Text Select tool, and you can edit and add text. But I suggest just hand writing it and attaching a separate sheet for long answers. Of the 70-80 students I interview, I have never seen a single one that was typed.

MaloCCOM said:
Adobe let's you use the Text Select tool, and you can edit and add text. But I suggest just hand writing it and attaching a separate sheet for long answers. Of the 70-80 students I interview, I have never seen a single one that was typed.

That is very nice to hear. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

if you download the full professional adobe acrobat you can edit pdf files.

if you can't afford it there's other ways to get it if you know what i mean ;)

hnbui said:
if you download the full professional adobe acrobat you can edit pdf files.

if you can't afford it there's other ways to get it if you know what i mean ;)

uhh...I have no idea what you meant <wink>. But, since we're on the same subject, how about giving me step-by-step instructions? Under what menu do I go to find that option? Thanks.

also, if you have photoshop, you can open pdfs page by page in it and use the text tool to write in your answers. With the pro version of adobe, all you need to do is click on the text tool and then click on the document and type in your answers.