secondary - check = screwed??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rae-chill

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just sent out my uic secondary and came home to find my check sitting on my desk! :wow: :mad:
any other *******es out there do the same thing? did it cause a delay?
i'm thinking about showing up bright n' early (5 am) at the post office tomorrow morning with a box of krispy kreme to try and bribe the postal office workers into giving back my secondary, whaddya think?

Members don't see this ad.

Better try Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme's kinda sucks!:D

just send it with a note....happens all the time.

and KK destroys the DD. hands down.

Members don't see this ad :)
and KK destroys the DD. hands down.

i've never heard truer words.

just send them the check seperately, don't matter - i've done it three times to schools i have interviews at (i just don't learn).

-jot

I agree with the above, just send it with a note (or maybe call the school, and give the secretary a heads up) I don't think bribing postal workers is a good idea, there's some federal law against tampering with mail...even if it's your own that you already sent out. And then you would have to write it on your primary that you have been convicted of a federal offense! j/k

BananaSplit

A rep from Iowa was at a professional school day at my school (Iowa State), so I was like, oh, I can save postage, so I asked her if I could give it to her. She was plenty happy to take it for me. I was rather conscious about cutting a check with so many people around (like I was paying her off). Well, I kept checking the website to see if I got credited, and well, I started to wonder if she had lost it or something and even called. Well, a day later, I got the check back in the mail.... I had forgotten to sign it... DOH!!! (Great Googley Boogley........ hmmm...) I felt like an idiot, but in all honesty if they reject me because of that, it would be pretty pathetic.
-Eric

Of the 16 2ndaries I've done, I have to vote for Drew as the biggest pain in the butt! :mad: (10 loaded questions to be answered in a few sentences).

After finally mailing off the MONSTER today, I realize that I missed the part in the instructions @ sending either a money order or cashier's check. :rolleyes: (No other school has asked for this!) I feel like calling them tomorrow & telling them that if my personal check's no good, then they can throw away my application.

Anyhow, I have to admit that working on this Drew 2ndary really put me in a pissy irritable mood all week. Been so stressed that I didn't even have time til now to vent on sdn!! :(

From sensing the vibes on sdn lately, it seems that many of us have been infected w/ this moodiness as well. Help!!!

1--Jot, u could send ur check torn up into ten pieces and two months late and you'd still be getting accepted...:laugh:

2--Nefertari--Drew sounds horrid:mad: send them their stupid cashiers check and then go have a pina colada & relax:cool:

Originally posted by galen
2--Nefertari--Drew sounds horrid:mad: send them their stupid cashiers check and then go have a pina colada & relax:cool: [/B]

Thanks. Oh, I'm just venting . . . I love their program. They just don't have the resources to spruce up their admissions process. Actually, now that it's finished, I'm feeling fine . . . that is, until I get to USC's anal 2ndary . . . ;)

thanks for your feedback guys... just for kicks i thought i'd go ahead and try to intercept the secondary anyway tho...
it went a little somethin like this...
so i usually have difficulty making a 9:00 am class, yet this morning i was at the post office with a box of hostess mini-muffins (i thought they would be wary of taking an open box of krispy kreme donuts from a freaky mailman stalker) by 5:30 am, bright eyed and bushy tailed ;)
man, the things med schools can make me do! they could totally get me to wear a chicken suit and cluck the national anthem... juggle multiple samurai swords... perform the riverdance... do all of the above simultaneously :cool:
anyway, so i ran into the janitor (i think i gave him a good scare) and i told him the situation, and either out of fear, pity or just the kindness of his heart he offered to call his boss and see what he could do. in short, boss gave him the ok to let me get at my mail, i forked over the mini-muffins and the check and app lived happily ever after. the end. :clap: :clap: :clap:

now watch me get rejected pre-interview. heh :p

Originally posted by MaybeMD
Better try Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme's kinda sucks!:D

Dude, you have just lost all credibility you could have had on SDN. :p :p :p The only superior DD donut is the maple one. :)