Secondary essay examples please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeanius1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this but would like to ask if you guys can give me some sample secondary essay questions? Why should XYZ accept you into this year's class? @font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }Why do you believe XYZ would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking? I find those two questions almost exactly the same. I will NOT plagiarize i am simply asking for examples so I can see where I stand and where I can begin mine. Email or post me please!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Why should XYZ accept you into this year's class?

What are some personal qualities (that you can back up with evidence) that would make you a good medical student in general? Look beyond what's in your application. Can you show that you are a team player? can you show that you would add diversity to the class? Do you have a special skill or asset that is not shown elsewhere?

Why do you believe XYZ would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Here, you should show how XYZ medical school has the qualities that will help you achieve your goal. Take a close look at the school's curriculum, mission statement, and match list. Does this school have a lot of graduates going into primary care? Is there something unique about the curriculum that matches your learning style (e.g. lots of independent study)? Is there research done at the school that closely matches with your research interests? Is it in a geographic location that would be favorable to your circumstances?

Basically, the first question asks, "why should we pick you?" and the second question asks "why would you pick us?" It's actually very different prompts.

Reactions: 1 user
I really appreciate you clearing it up for me! :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree completely what Isoprop said. Seeing as how you are new to SDN (2 posts), I hope you are aware of the ridiculous competition on here and sillyness. With that being said, you are basically asking people to write your essays and seeing previous posts like this, you will get nothing but hostile responses. After all, you are competing with all of us.

Only YOU can write your essays and do it from your heart (yes sounds corny but its true)

HELLO
these are the questions I've been working on for the past couple of days
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATSU-KCOM
What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM?
(Please limit your response to 500 words or less)
What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician?
(Please limit your response to 500 words or less)

AZCOM & CCOM
Your responses to the essay questions may NOT exceed 1,500 characters.
Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

PCOM (2X)
Please attach a brief statement indicating why you wish to attend Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and why you want to become an osteopathic physician.

KCUMB
Describe your motivation for applying to KCUMB's College of Osteopathic Medicine, and address the unique qualities and characteristics you would bring to our University and the osteopathic profession.

Please complete your essay using 2500 characters or less. Important: Do not copy and paste your essay from a Microsoft Word document, as it will cause an error to occur. Type your essay directly into the space below, or use in a plain text editor, such as Notepad then copy and paste your text in the space below.*

Touro
Please discuss how your background, experience or academic program has prepared you for meeting the TouroCOM Mission, Goals or Objectives. Please limit your essay to 2 pages. On a separate sheet of paper, consider addressing a few areas; Why Osteopathic Medicine? Why Harlem? Have you been exposed to a diverse environment? How did you contribute? How has your academic background and personal experiences prepared you for medical school? Can you express how you were influenced by a shadowing experience?

UNECOM
Describe your particular interest in attending the UNE-COM and any contact you have had with UNE-COM students, alumni, faculty or clinicians, admissions/student affairs staff members, etc. How did these interactions influence your decision to apply?(limit not specified)

Please explain any academic difficulties you encountered during your academic career. What insight or knowledge have you gained from these experiences that you will bring to your studies at UNE-COM?

Describe how you see the role of physicians in society (outside the direct practice of medicine). What experiences have you had that demonstrate your readiness to meet these future role expectations?

Western-Pomona
While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do
to solidify your desire/ambition to become an osteopathic physician?( Please limit your comments to one page.)

What criteria did you use to select a medical school and why does
WesternU/COMP meet your high level of expectation?

Describe your participation in community service activities in a
medically underserved or economically disadvantaged community.

Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical
experiences in Southern California appeals to you.

MSUCOM
Background: DOs rely on their skills in empathy, interviewing and active listening to gather the information they need to provide optimal holistic care to their patients. They are trained to use a whole body approach to diagnosis and treatment. Touch is an integral part of osteopathic care, be it a handshake, a steadying hand on the shoulder, the use of palpation during a structural exam or treatment with osteopathic manipulation. DOs empower their patients by providing education, mentoring and motivation. Patients of DOs rarely leave the office without homework assignments. The doctor/patient relationship here is truly a partnership.

Essay Instructions: On a separate sheet of paper, please discuss the topic listed below. Your response should total no more than one page and the font size must not be smaller than 10 pt. Include your name and e-mail address at the top right hand corner of the page.

· Describe a personal experience or ethical challenge you have faced that has influenced the development of your character. How has this experience helped you to develop specific skills and/or abilities that are essential to practicing osteopathic medicine?

Pikeville
Statement of Purpose: State why you should be selected for training as a primary care, rural osteopathic physician
----------------------------------------------------
HOPE IT HELPS :thumbup:

Hi all, I'm new to this but would like to ask if you guys can give me some sample secondary essay questions? Why should XYZ accept you into this year's class? @font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; }Why do you believe XYZ would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking? I find those two questions almost exactly the same. I will NOT plagiarize i am simply asking for examples so I can see where I stand and where I can begin mine. Email or post me please!:scared:

I think Isoprop answered your question most appropriately. Unfortunately, you are probably going to find a total of roughly 0 people that will be willing to send a stranger their essays. The mere fact that you could potentially plagerize and ruin their admission chances would be reason enough. Isoprop gave you some clarification. The first question is really what makes you unique, the second is why is the school a good fit for you. Search your experiences and the school's website to build your essays

Like others says, Isoprop gave you a good run down and idea set to start with.

But seriously? Guess I'm one of those "frustrated" responders. You should be able to answer those questions easily - they're standard questions asked of an applicant in any field. When you apply for a job, in the interview you'll be asked the same basic question(s). So, I guess I'm perplexed as to why you don't understand what they are even asking for.

Good luck!