Secondary essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bentz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you guys please post the secondary essay questions for the following schools: CCOM, NYCOM, NOVA, PCOM, UMDNJ-COM AND LECOM. I have not received any secondary as of yet for I just recently sent my primary application. Thank you very much for your help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I still have some of the questions from the last application cycle, but be forewarned...they may have changed.

NYCOM: They don't send out a secondary. Basically, after they review your AACOMAS application, they'll send you an interview invite if they like what they see on paper. You fill out the "secondary" at your interview. It's just basic information...nothing too thought-provoking.

UMDNJ-COM: Didn't apply there.

CCOM:
Why did you apply to CCOM?
Why should we accept you into this year?s class?
Why are one?s personal honor and integrity important in the medical profession?

LECOM:
Write a personal essay describing yourself and the qualities you possess which will make you a successful osteopathic physician.

NOVA: Don't remember.

PCOM:
What healthcare experiences have you had?
Some compilation of why osteopathic medicine and why PCOM. (I don't remember the exact wording.)

Just to clarify, this year CCOM only has two questions (there was no question regarding integrity):

1. please supply us with a resume
2. why do you think CCOM will provide you with the type of osteopathic education you are looking for, and why should we accept you into this year's class?

For NOVA you have a write about your health care related experiences and also you have to write an essay about why Osteopathy. They don't ask "Why NOVA?"

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like AZCOM stole their questions from CCOM -- crazy stuff. :)

you guys are best!! Thank you!!!!

Hi! I just received UMDNJ-SOM's secondary application. They ask a little basic information about you and also ask you to write an essay discussing your preparation for medical school and your strengths and weaknesses associated with this preparation. Hope this helps.
biggrindaisy.gif