secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i received a few secondaries including one from my top choice. I wanted to know if it would be inappropriate or frowned upon to include a one - two sentence statement saying that i have significant ties to the area/state (half of family lives there, did undergrad there, etc) this school is located in and that i want to practice there after graduation if accepted. The primary and secondary questions never had an area that asked but i feel it is important they know this before making a decision of whether to interview me or not and i am not sure i will have another chance to do so otherwise. Thoughts? Also i do not live in the state that the school is located in if that makes sense

Members don't see this ad.

i received a few secondaries including one from my top choice. I wanted to know if it would be inappropriate or frowned upon to include a one - two sentence statement saying that i have significant ties to the area/state (half of family lives there, did undergrad there, etc) this school is located in and that i want to practice there after graduation if accepted. The primary and secondary questions never had an area that asked but i feel it is important they know this before making a decision of whether to interview me or not and i am not sure i will have another chance to do so otherwise. Thoughts? Also i do not live in the state that the school is located in if that makes sense
Makes perfect sense. I have on the secondaries where I have strong ties to the region and I live in a different state. As long as it's not the whole point I think it would be good for them to know personally. Especially if it is family there.

Makes perfect sense. I have on the secondaries where I have strong ties to the region and I live in a different state. As long as it's not the whole point I think it would be good for them to know personally. Especially if it is family there.
so what do you think like 1-2 sentences at the beginning or how would you recommend doing it

Members don't see this ad :)
Serial effect, yo. Put it near the beginning or end. But like the poster mentioned above, don't make it the only point of your response.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Serial effect, yo. Put it near the beginning or end. But like the poster mentioned above, don't make it the only point of your response.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Exactly, schools want you to go there because you like their programs and community outreach stuff etc. but the ties can be just a cherry on top. And I agree, beginning or the end, I've been putting it at the end to make it seem like an afterthought, even if the reality is that I want to go there in large part for the location, I don't want them to think that.

Reactions: 1 users
Fine

Reactions: 1 user
Exactly, schools want you to go there because you like their programs and community outreach stuff etc. but the ties can be just a cherry on top. And I agree, beginning or the end, I've been putting it at the end to make it seem like an afterthought, even if the reality is that I want to go there in large part for the location, I don't want them to think that.
Makes sense.