giguerex35

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i received a few secondaries including one from my top choice. I wanted to know if it would be inappropriate or frowned upon to include a one - two sentence statement saying that i have significant ties to the area/state (half of family lives there, did undergrad there, etc) this school is located in and that i want to practice there after graduation if accepted. The primary and secondary questions never had an area that asked but i feel it is important they know this before making a decision of whether to interview me or not and i am not sure i will have another chance to do so otherwise. Thoughts? Also i do not live in the state that the school is located in if that makes sense

Yhorm the Giant

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i received a few secondaries including one from my top choice. I wanted to know if it would be inappropriate or frowned upon to include a one - two sentence statement saying that i have significant ties to the area/state (half of family lives there, did undergrad there, etc) this school is located in and that i want to practice there after graduation if accepted. The primary and secondary questions never had an area that asked but i feel it is important they know this before making a decision of whether to interview me or not and i am not sure i will have another chance to do so otherwise. Thoughts? Also i do not live in the state that the school is located in if that makes sense
Makes perfect sense. I have on the secondaries where I have strong ties to the region and I live in a different state. As long as it's not the whole point I think it would be good for them to know personally. Especially if it is family there.

giguerex35

2+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Makes perfect sense. I have on the secondaries where I have strong ties to the region and I live in a different state. As long as it's not the whole point I think it would be good for them to know personally. Especially if it is family there.
so what do you think like 1-2 sentences at the beginning or how would you recommend doing it

About the Ads

Siromas

Non-Traditional livin'
2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Serial effect, yo. Put it near the beginning or end. But like the poster mentioned above, don't make it the only point of your response.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

Yhorm the Giant

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Serial effect, yo. Put it near the beginning or end. But like the poster mentioned above, don't make it the only point of your response.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Exactly, schools want you to go there because you like their programs and community outreach stuff etc. but the ties can be just a cherry on top. And I agree, beginning or the end, I've been putting it at the end to make it seem like an afterthought, even if the reality is that I want to go there in large part for the location, I don't want them to think that.

Reactions: 1 users
Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Fine

Reactions: 1 user

Dr. Souk

Apr 25, 2017
Exactly, schools want you to go there because you like their programs and community outreach stuff etc. but the ties can be just a cherry on top. And I agree, beginning or the end, I've been putting it at the end to make it seem like an afterthought, even if the reality is that I want to go there in large part for the location, I don't want them to think that.
Makes sense.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.