Secondary Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ginz20

Ginz20
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question. My overall GPA is average, great letters of recommendation (including a DO), I have a family member who was an osteopathic physician, biomedical research experience at a major university, good EC?s and volunteer work. However, my current MCAT is from 2001 and to be frank it is sorry. I have been studying since January and have managed to bring my score on full-length practice exams significantly. My question is whether or not I should wait to submit secondary applications till I receive my new score? Or is it beneficial to submit all of my secondary app?s as early as possible? I am positive my new score will be competitive, but I want to put myself in the best possible position to receive an interview and gain acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would call each individual school, and explain that you want the best chance possible at obtaining an interview and ask them what there advice would be on a timeline to submit the secondaries in lieu of your situation. This will develop a repertoire (sp?) with the schools as well as get you the best answer possible.

:luck:

Since I assume you put that you are taking the August MCAT so the schools will know that, I would encourage you to send in your secondaries now.

The schools usually put you on hold while they wait for your new scores, but then once they get them they will have a complete file and be ready to vote on you without any time being lost.

They might even give you an interview, if they like everything else that they are seeing in your application and then put you on hold awaiting your new scores.

Send the secondaries in now. Don't hold onto them. Just my opinion from all that I have read on SDN over the past 4 years. :)