secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NMH2001

Ferret Momma
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering abou what other people had put for the mini essay required on most of the secondaries. I would really like to just cut and paste my personal statement that I puto n the AACOMAS because I worked so hard at it and what I had written truly sums up why I want to go into Osteopathic medicine.

So what do you guys recommend? cut and paste essay, revise essay, or write a totally new one ?? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I strongly recommend writing a new one. The same admission's committee will see your AACOMAS application, as well as your secondary answers. You want to impress them by giving them information they don't already have. Do not repeat.

I would dissagree with glorytaker about using the same essay for AMCAS and AACOMAS. Number one, AMCAS allows ~5000 charcters while AACOMAS only allows 3000. Plus the AACOMAS one should have a sentences or two, not a lot, about osteopathic medicine. It is kinda expected that it be there.

I would write a new one. aacomaS does not even have enough space to write. so you should use the secondary essay to tell them more great things about you. you can use the same ideas and go in details but do not cut and paste. Goodluck:)