secondary question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NMH2001, Sep 15, 2002.

1. NMH2001

NMH2001 Ferret Momma

I was wondering abou what other people had put for the mini essay required on most of the secondaries. I would really like to just cut and paste my personal statement that I puto n the AACOMAS because I worked so hard at it and what I had written truly sums up why I want to go into Osteopathic medicine.

So what do you guys recommend? cut and paste essay, revise essay, or write a totally new one ?? Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dagny

Dagny PGY-1

Resident [Any Field]
    I strongly recommend writing a new one. The same admission's committee will see your AACOMAS application, as well as your secondary answers. You want to impress them by giving them information they don't already have. Do not repeat.

4. rpames

rpames Optometrist

Optometrist
    I would dissagree with glorytaker about using the same essay for AMCAS and AACOMAS. Number one, AMCAS allows ~5000 charcters while AACOMAS only allows 3000. Plus the AACOMAS one should have a sentences or two, not a lot, about osteopathic medicine. It is kinda expected that it be there.

5. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member

I would write a new one. aacomaS does not even have enough space to write. so you should use the secondary essay to tell them more great things about you. you can use the same ideas and go in details but do not cut and paste. Goodluck:)