Secondary Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dlc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently waiting for secondaries from the osteopathic schools but I wanted to send out a general question about the content of these applications. I applied to Nova, PCOM, LECOM, and NYCOM. I wanted to know if all of these schools pose questions on why a student would want to go there. I find this question the toughest and I wanted to start preparing for those schools that ask it. Also, does anybody know which school is in San Francisco? Is it Touro or Pacific? Thanks in advance!
Dana

Members don't see this ad.

dlc,

I believe I can answer a few of these.

Nova does not require you to explain why you want to go there. They only request that you tell them why do you want to be an Osteopathic physician.

PCOM asks you why you want to be an Osteopath and Why do you want to go to their school.

NYCOM does not have a "secondary." I guess that's good (one less to write). Apparently when you go for your interview they give you a quiz on the history of Osteopathy or something. There's a few people here who got interviews at NYCOM who could better answer this one.

I can't help you with LECOM (I didn't apply) and I'm not certain on the San Francisco question.

DocGibby

Tuoro is near San Francisco (Vallejo). Western is in Pomona.

Hanly (only 23 more posts and I too can be a senior member oh boy oh boy)